Missing functionality in DJI MIMO for Android
3683 6 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeanGky
lvl.1

Paraguay

Hello,

Recently I've brought a new dji os5 to be used with mi galaxy s20 fe.
Looking at videos, tutorials in YouTube, I've noticed that some important features/functionalities are missing from the app.
Here the screenshots:

What is expected to be found:
Screenshot_20220219-004321_YouTube.jpg
From the official video:
Screenshot_20220219-010956_YouTube.jpg

But What I see from my mimo app installed:
Screenshot_20220219-005020.jpg

Is there any known reason for this?

Details:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE [no 5g]
Dji product: DJI OS5 GIMBALL
App version: DJI MIMO 1.7.12

Screenshot_20220219-004321_YouTube.jpg
2022-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-2-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HeanGky. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-2-20
Use props
HeanGky
lvl.1

Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-20 20:18
Hello there HeanGky. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the answer.
I already have re'installed like three times the app from that link and the issue still persist. To check whether the problem is with my device only, I have installed on another galaxy s21 FE and the issue sill persist on that device too.

What could be the reason?
Is it just that the app developers are not implementing all those features usable from the iOS version of the app into Android ecosystem?
2022-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HeanGky Posted at 2-25 15:15
Thanks for the answer.
I already have re'installed like three times the app from that link and the issue still persist. To check whether the problem is with my device only, I have installed on another galaxy s21 FE and the issue sill persist on that device too.

Hi there HeanGky. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Upon checking. the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 FE ) that you are using on your DJI OM5. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21 Fe will be able to work on the DJI OM 5 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI gimbal and with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 5. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 5 ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... tibility%20List.pdf ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you.
2022-3-1
Use props
HeanGky
lvl.1

Paraguay

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 23:11
Hi there HeanGky. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Upon checking. the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 FE ) that you are using on your DJI OM5. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI gimbal. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21 Fe will be able to work on the DJI OM 5 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI gimbal and with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI OM 5. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 5 ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/OM%205%20Mobile%20Phone%20Compatibility%20List.pdf ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list. Thank you.

Much appreciate your kind answer.
Just to clarify, my main phone is, as per the initial thread, the Galaxy S20 (not 21) FE. I just tested as per your suggestion above installing the app in another phone, the 21FE, and then also observed those "missing" buttons and feature.
I think the app is the same across/for all galaxy device (or across all iPhone) so the missing buttons/features I've indicated seems to be missing for "all" galaxy phones.
Would you be able to confirm for me whether that is true?

Will appreciate it very much.
2022-3-2
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

HeanGky Posted at 2022-3-2 12:10
Much appreciate your kind answer.
Just to clarify, my main phone is, as per the initial thread, the Galaxy S20 (not 21) FE. I just tested as per your suggestion above installing the app in another phone, the 21FE, and then also observed those "missing" buttons and feature.
I think the app is the same across/for all galaxy device (or across all iPhone) so the missing buttons/features I've indicated seems to be missing for "all" galaxy phones.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this unhide the settings application if it’s hidden. https://thegeekpage.com/settings-app-gone-missing/
2023-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules