Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AirSense Not working Answer
2399 22 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys. So for some that are on the latest firmware it is found that Airsense does not work. I know Dji said they optimised it but it does not work for some and me as per my tests done. So although i was on the previous firmware because of the GPS issues i decided to upgrade my RC and Ac to the latest firmware becuase Dji did say there is going to be a firmware released to fix this issue but i still had the issue of no airsense so i decided to find the app version 1.5.8 which is the previous version app and sideloaded that to my phone using Xcode and voila airsense now works. As it goes it seems that issue is the app for this not funtioning so if you can get the previous version app, install it and you will have this working again. All the latest features that were added in .500 firmware is still available including the quickshots and straighline RTH.
2022-2-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow!  GREAT Find!  You practically did the troubleshooting for DJI!  Now, to get them to fix it!!!

NICELY DONE @Suren!!
2022-2-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-18 22:37
Wow!  GREAT Find!  You practically did the troubleshooting for DJI!  Now, to get them to fix it!!!

NICELY DONE @Suren!!

Thanks Tony, this is what happens when the weather is crappy and I cannot go boating, Look for fixes ,
2022-2-18
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Suren,
I'm not an Apple user and therefore couldn't understand how you could use Xcode to merge the functions of two "different" apps (1.5.8 and 1.5.9). But that still sounds kind of awesome...

I use the M3 together with the RC Pro, have the latest software versions, you know, from January 24th...
Here, or where I've been flying lately, there aren't that many "manned aircraft nearby"....
For this reason I haven't been able to have a say in the Airsense topic so far...
But yesterday a helicopter finally took off from a clinic roof (nearby, maybe 1 km away) and yes, there it was, the message, repeated several times, until this helicopter moved further away...
The message was announced and displayed as a text message on the screen...
So I can say: it works, even with version 1.5.9, Android, RC Pro...

2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 2-19 00:27
Hi Suren,
I'm not an Apple user and therefore couldn't understand how you could use Xcode to merge the functions of two "different" apps (1.5.8 and 1.5.9). But that still sounds kind of awesome...

For me it just did not work and I tested this at a small airport as well. Today I tested this with the app version I mentioned 1.5.8 and also had the 1.5.9 on my iPhone 8. The Helicopter that was in the area gave me a notification with the older app but with the latest app when I changed phone was nothing. The good thing about Xcode and signing the apps with app signer in Mac is that I can change the bundle identifier details which will allow me to have both the apps running at the same time
2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Suren Posted at 2-19 01:41
For me it just did not work and I tested this at a small airport as well. Today I tested this with the app version I mentioned 1.5.8 and also had the 1.5.9 on my iPhone 8. The Helicopter that was in the area gave me a notification with the older app but with the latest app when I changed phone was nothing. The good thing about Xcode and signing the apps with app signer in Mac is that I can change the bundle identifier details which will allow me to have both the apps running at the same time

I see.
Thank you!
2022-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting find Suren.    Glad you had some free time to figure that issue out.  
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 04:21
Very interesting find Suren.    Glad you had some free time to figure that issue out.

Yeah, I hope it helps others.
2022-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-19 12:52
Yeah, I hope it helps others.

It really should.  Hopefully, since returning form Chinese New Year break DJI is working on tweaking the remaining M3 issues.  
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

After the update that allowed the RC Pro to connect with both M3 and 2S, my Airsense has not worked very well. I have a 2S, I know this is a M3 thread, but the problem is on both. A plane would have to be almost on top of me before it would alert. I bought a new battery last week and first time powering up, it needed an update. I thought it was battery only. I flew this evening and AirSense lit up my RC Pro!! Any plane within 40,000 feet set it off. The update must have fixed it. I am happy!!
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

2S. I was having a similar problem to the M3 with AirSense after the firmware update.
2022-3-3
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live in an area that requires permission to fly due to local small airports. Low flying planes are a real concern and the lack of functioning Airsense as reported by numerous people is a serious matter that needs to be addressed and corrected by DJI.
2022-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

digibud Posted at 3-3 10:56
I live in an area that requires permission to fly due to local small airports. Low flying planes are a real concern and the lack of functioning Airsense as reported by numerous people is a serious matter that needs to be addressed and corrected by DJI.

I know Airsense may help in your situation. But first, you need permission, so presumably ATC know you’re in the area so they would warn pilots of this which in my experience is normal practice. Also you would almost certainly have to fly VLOS. Small aircraft can be seen many miles away and also heard, they are confined to altitude above 500ft except of course for landing and taking off. Airsense is not a requirement for permission so those giving permission are confident you can handle this.

I honestly dont think Airsense will ever be of any real help until it transmits to aircraft that you are flying in the area. Having just used it in controlled airspace recently with permission I found it extremely distracting and much easier to concentrate on VLOS.

I’m not saying its ok that its not working, but in all the years I’ve been flying drones I have never known of any drone pilot flying within the rules to ever have any problems spotting Manned Aircraft. Flying outside the rules is a different matter.
2022-3-3
Use props
Mataor27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3046421 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hello, I have the mavic 3 and I don't know how to make the AIRSENSE work. Downgrade to version 1.5.8 - 1.5.9 and it can't work. I'm from Chile, can someone help me?
2022-4-3
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

Is this fix for apple users only?
2022-4-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mataor27 Posted at 4-3 18:38
Hello, I have the mavic 3 and I don't know how to make the AIRSENSE work. Downgrade to version 1.5.8 - 1.5.9 and it can't work. I'm from Chile, can someone help me?

That does not work anymore
2022-4-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Javierz0509 Posted at 4-3 18:50
Is this fix for apple users only?

That fix was working but not anymore. I am also on iPhone and app 1.5.8 is not giving Airsense anymore
2022-4-3
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

But why? Could Dji have changed something without notification to anyone?
2022-4-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

yogi053 Posted at 4-3 23:45
But why? Could Dji have changed something without notification to anyone?

Thats a possibility. Why I say that because with the beta FW I had 0601 my 4G dongle used to show up but not anymore. Since today, if I connect this dongle it shows up for 5 seconds and then disappears from the app, previously it showed up although I could not turn it on it stayed on the screen. I downgraded the drone to 0600 and its there. So yes, Dji can make changes quietly OTA if they want it seems.
2022-4-3
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

That is a bit scary, is it not?
2022-4-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

yogi053 Posted at 4-3 23:51
That is a bit scary, is it not?

Yes it is but I wondered how this happened. Obviously we most likely giving permission via the app or something. I am not sure how they did this but it has changed for me.
2022-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules