Remote does not connect with drone or mobile
1345 16 2022-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I have my Mavic 2 pro since 2019 and it worked fine ever since. Last October I used it when going on vacation, and after that I stored it as always (removed battery, put everything in my bags). Only pulled it once some time in December to check if there were any important updates (connect with my mobile, and connected remote with drone).

Today I wanted to check if everything is fine with my drone and if it needed any updates and to my surprise I'm unable to connect the remote to the drone or to the mobile. The display always says 'Connecting'. In the Go 4 app, I get the status 'disconnected'

My phone is a Nokia 7.2 which is not changed since last December. Only difference is that it received Android 11 some time this year.

Things that I tried:
* Uninstallting Go 4 app and re-installting useing the apk from dji.com
* Checking if there was any update for the drone with the Assistant application on my Windows PC
* Tried Multiple cables for the connection between remote and mobile (also using the USB-A port on the remote)
* Tried a secondary phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) which never had the Go 4 app installed

Is there anything I can try myself? I'm completely lost at the moment.
2022-2-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there unordner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Nokia 7.2 ) that your are using on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI drone and on the DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nokia 7.2 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.

2022-2-20
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-20 19:02
Hello there unordner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Nokia 7.2 ) that your are using on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI drone and on the DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nokia 7.2 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.

[view_image]

@DJI Stephen Thanks for your reply.
As I posted earlier, I also tried a Samsung Galaxy S9 which is on the list of supportet devices.
Still, the same issue occurs.

Is there any way of Hard resettting the remote?
Or a key combination to initiate the linking without the mobile?

To me it does Not make any sense that a setup that Was working perfectly, would break just like that.
2022-2-20
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Also, adding up on that: I tried all of what I posted earlier with the Samsung Galaxy S9 (on Android 10) as well with no avail so far.

I even tried to connect both my drone and the remote with Dji Assistant 2 on my Windows PC. Basically both devices are up-to-date (the aircraft just received a No-Fly update). Still it shows the "Update" option which I clicked for the remote. However this process ends with an error after being stuck at 26% when updating the device.

Could it be that the remote has an issue all of a sudden?

Any help is highly appreciated.
2022-2-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When the phone is connected to the controller and the app is running what messages do you see on the phone, verbatim?
Just checking, but is the connecting message permanently lit i.e. are you actually holding the power button down long enough on the 2nd press for the controller to be switched on?

Try removing the mSD card from the drone, a corrupted or perhaps mis named file of the card can cause problems.

Have a look at from 48 seconds onward.
Also unplug the side cable from the controller and connect a 'normal' USB cable between the USB socket between the arms and the phone

2022-2-20
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-20 23:54
Try removing the mSD card from the drone, a corrupted or perhaps mis named file of the card can cause problems.

Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA from 48 seconds onward.

Thank you. I just tried that like this:
- removed SD card from drone
- turned drone ON
- turned remote ON
- pressed C1, C2 and record and waited for beep which did not happen

According to the video, the combination C1, C2, record should result in a beep and pressing the shutter button should initiate the linking mode - or am I missing something?
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Also probably worth mentioning: When I connect one of my phones to the remote, my phone gets charged as usual but otherwise no connection. Tried out multiple USB modes like PTP.
2022-2-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it is a 4 button press, C1 C2 record and the perhaps 'shutter' button, also check my first message again I added a bit to it. I am deaf so can not comment on any beeps but I just press all four buttons and it alway works for me.
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-21 00:04
it is a 4 button press, C1 C2 record and the perhaps 'shutter' button, also check my first message again I added a bit to it.

Ok, I've tried the following:
* Pressing all 3 or 4 buttons at the same time
* Pressing all 3 or 4 buttons at the same time and holding them for a few seconds

Both when the controller was ON (displaying "Connecting.."). So far no luck. It really feels like I'm missing something.

As for your other points:
* Pretty sure the controller is ON as it says "Connecting..." without turning off the diplay
* When connecting one of my phones, nothing happens except for the charging of the phones. Which is really weird that I have the same behavior on 2 different devices.
2022-2-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When the phone is connected to the controller and the app is running what messages, if any, do you see on the phone, verbatim?
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-21 00:13
When the phone is connected to the controller and the app is running what messages, if any, do you see on the phone, verbatim?

I tried to capture this in a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utilGAmzAwk

The way I see it, the drone is clearly not linked at the moment due to the yellow lights - right?

So basically, nothing happens when I connect my phone to the remote. Tried both USB ports as well as different cables. It drives me crazy as it used to work just fine.

Really appreciate your response by the way!
2022-2-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, the controller is on, at 1:02 touch "Fliegen" then the German equivalent to "enter the camera view".
Can you also video what happens when you press C1, C2, record & shutter simultaneously?
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-21 00:30
OK, the controller is on, at 1:02 touch "Fliegen" then the German equivalent to "enter the camera view".
Can you also video what happens when you press C1, C2, record & shutter simultaneously?

Will update you with a video ASAP
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-21 00:30
OK, the controller is on, at 1:02 touch "Fliegen" then the German equivalent to "enter the camera view".

Ok, here is the Video where I enter the camera:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avhc_k_vjGtQk_52EP41hM-O-A0QRQ?e=MjrLbB
Note that the app says "Getrennt", which means "disconnected" and the screen stays black.

Another video of the key combination on the remote:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avhc_k_vjGtQk_51q5_CWJETWSzfgQ?e=uBKLZW

I pressed both C1 and C2 as it is not very visible in the video.

Just had a long chat with the DJI support and after trying lots of solutions they think it's a hardware issue of the remote.

They also asked me to refresh the firmware on both the aircraft and the remote:
* aircraft worked fine via DJI assistant 2
* remote always gets stuck at 26% and then crashes with this error https://postimg.cc/Yh39QX6k Tried it on 2 different computers.

Too bad I don't have a 2nd controller to verify this...
2022-2-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you try "fliegen" etc.  when connected to the big USB socket between the arms? Remember to disconnect the side cable.
If so, you seem to have done everything possible with that controller, I'd look for a second hand controller on the likes of ebay.
Get an RC1A version if you can, the alternative is an RC!B or the smart controller
The RC!A creates DAT flight logs as well as the txt flight log. The RC1B creates only the txt flight log. I can not comment on the smart controller other than to say too expensive for my tastes.
It might be worth opening the controller just to see if you can see anything that is obviously broken e.g. solder joints/
For what it is worth I try to leave the side cable in the controller but I have the DJI cable which fits into the groove in the side of the controller.
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-21 04:09
Did you try "fliegen" etc.  when connected to the big USB socket between the arms? Remember to disconnect the side cable.
If so, you seem to have done everything possible with that controller, I'd look for a second hand controller on the likes of ebay.
Get an RC1A version if you can, the alternative is an RC!B or the smart controller

Yeah, tried both USB ports with all the options. I agree that it's most probably an issue with the controller. Also called a dji store and they also suspect the controller.

I just managed to order a used controller on ebay (the RC1A version) Let's see how this works out. Thanks for all your help!
2022-2-21
Use props
unordner
lvl.1

Germany

Update: I got the user controller which I ordered from ebay and everything worked right away (even with the unsupported phone). So it really looks like a hardware issue of the old controller.

Thanks again @Sean-bumble-bee
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules