4237 16 2022-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rone4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My z-axis has strange behaviour in lock mode. You can hold the Ronin 4d completely still and the arm keeps extending up and down. More so than in follow mode.

It's also very jerky in lock mode.

I've reset the hardware but the issue is still there

Anyone else have a view?

2022-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide a video of the issue for better confirmation? Please also tell me the serial number and the firmware information of the product. Thank you and look forward to hearing back from you.
2022-2-20
Use props
rone4
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks. I need to check again, it looks like it reacted weirdly to my floor/carpet and then worked in other rooms
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rone4 Posted at 2-21 23:33
Thanks. I need to check again, it looks like it reacted weirdly to my floor/carpet and then worked in other rooms

Okay. Looking forward to your update.
2022-2-22
Use props
chrisuppercutproductions.co.uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8747060 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 02:53

Hello,
I have also had some very strange issues with the z-axis using it on a rickshaw. Mostly it was working perfectly and then the z-axis started to violently jerk up and down. I can only think it was having issues 'seeing' the ground with the sensors but not sure.

How do the sensors work for the Z-axis? does the camera have to have clear visual to the floor all the time?

Thanks for any advice on this.

2022-3-6
Use props
rone4
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alright Chris - it's Tyrone from Besq here. Sounds llike I had similar issues to you. Did you try car mode?

2022-3-7
Use props
mrcoffi
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

rone4 Posted at 3-7 21:38
Alright Chris - it's Tyrone from Besq here. Sounds llike I had similar issues to you. Did you try car mode?

Hi Tyrone! Great to hear from you and sorry for the slow reply.

That is exactly what we need to try next - probably haven't got a chance to test until next week though. Keep in touch.

Thanks,
2022-3-9
Use props
mrcoffi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 02:53

Hello,

We are still having major problems with the Z-axis of our RoninR4D - mostly it works perfectly but randomly it sometimes decides to go into spasm! It will suddenly start jerking up and down violently, even when standing still.

I have a video of the problem but can't seem to upload it to this forum. Can you give me a support email address to send the video to?

We have a job coming up which requires this camera and I'm not confident to proceed with the kit at this stage

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks,
2022-3-14
Use props
fans385c6213
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

mrcoffi Posted at 3-14 08:53
Hello,

We are still having major problems with the Z-axis of our RoninR4D - mostly it works perfectly but randomly it sometimes decides to go into spasm! It will suddenly start jerking up and down violently, even when standing still.

Yes, same here....sometimes the Z axis is very smooth in lock mode but sometimes it does fine then suddenly decides to move up or down even though the move has not markedly dropped or raised .....so I have to do the move again and go back to follow mode....this can be better but takes away that uncanny solidity that you can get when in lock mode (when it works!).....sometimes I think it is great but then other times it does not seem so great!...difficult to work out what to do to get the best out of this device...
no real hard solutions yet...am using it on its first proper professional shoot tomorrow so lets see......
2022-4-17
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

mrcoffi Posted at 3-14 08:53
Hello,

Hi, I am having the same issue ...
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_MmEWJLqRuqL7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332277 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, I just bought the Ronin 4D and experience the exact same issues as described above. Installed latest firmware, still same bug. @DJI is there any intention in fixing this?
2022-8-12
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the yet to be released firmware for August there is a fix for jitter in the z-axis when tilting.

2022-8-14
Use props
BerthaVision
lvl.2

Belgium

We received a 4D today, updated the firmware to the very latest released yesterday, looks like we have the same pogo issues everyone in here is having. for us it happens when moving forward with it on car mode mounted to a vibration isolator from below.  The camera will start off fine for a few minutes & then either start to pogo or settle at the bottom or top. The axis is perfectly balanced looking at the bar thing. Is there any way to increase the strength or is there anyone in support that really understands how its working?
2022-9-1
Use props
BerthaVision
lvl.2

Belgium

BerthaVision Posted at 9-1 10:06
We received a 4D today, updated the firmware to the very latest released yesterday, looks like we have the same pogo issues everyone in here is having. for us it happens when moving forward with it on car mode mounted to a vibration isolator from below.  The camera will start off fine for a few minutes & then either start to pogo or settle at the bottom or top. The axis is perfectly balanced looking at the bar thing. Is there any way to increase the strength or is there anyone in support that really understands how its working?

Think Ive solved the pogo effect, did a 'factory reset' with the new firmware, and just used the default setting for follow mode & it was rock solid near enough for an hour of traveling at about 30kph with the gimbal mounted on a Tilta arm & vibration damper.
2022-9-12
Use props
Elia Franke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332277 ft
  • >>>
Germany

BerthaVision Posted at 9-12 11:35
Think Ive solved the pogo effect, did a 'factory reset' with the new firmware, and just used the default setting for follow mode & it was rock solid near enough for an hour of traveling at about 30kph with the gimbal mounted on a Tilta arm & vibration damper.

I've tried this and it had no positive effect on my camera.
2022-9-25
Use props
TJS_NOLA
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone found a fix to this? I've been having this periodic issue. It's Novemember 30th, 2023. I haven't found any updates to this issue.

Latest firmware installed!

Todd
2023-11-30
Use props
Tyler Mak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59413 ft
United States

I'm still having this issue March 27, 2024 with the current firmware.
3-27 00:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules