3874 19 2022-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Msorbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20588182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick question, since day one my RC pro will not allow me to do the compass calibration down in main settings. Wondering if anyone has a fix or way of getting it to work. I'm seeing a discrepancy on my screen to actual. Anyway, I hit the button to calibrate (in settings) and just says "done" with no movements as the screen reference is showing multiple moves in order to calibrate. Anyone else come across this or have a fix? Maybe a future update if not? I've reached out to DJI but no responses worthy. Yes, have done a complete restore of the device, powered off, reset and went through the manual with no luck. TIA
2022-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If the drone is flying properly, there should be no need to recalibrate the drone's compass.
If you are seeing a difference in the controller display, the compass that needs calibrating is the compass in the controller.
2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply. But in my original message I mentioned I am currently seeing a discrepancy on the controller. Calibrating the mavic 3 has been done successfully multiple times if there’s a location change. Just having issues with the RC pro
2022-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Msorbs Posted at 2-20 14:58
Thanks for the reply. But in my original message I mentioned I am currently seeing a discrepancy on the controller. Calibrating the mavic 3 has been done successfully multiple times if there’s a location change. Just having issues with the RC pro

You don't need to recalibrate the drone  unless you add or remove things from the drone.
Changing location makes no difference to compass calibration.

You said that you noticed a discrepancy on the controller.
That suggests that you need to recalibrate the compass that's in your RC-Pro so that its directional information is displaying correctly.

2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-20 18:21
You don't need to recalibrate the drone  unless you add or remove things from the drone.
Changing location makes no difference to compass calibration.

I’m all set thanks. I’ll research information that is in regards to a fix.
2022-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Msorbs Posted at 2-20 18:23
I’m all set thanks. I’ll research information that is in regards to a fix.

Page 19 of the RC-Pro manual is what you are looking for.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... User_Manual_EN_V1.0(2).pdf
2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. But again, as I’ve originally stated. I have read thru the manual and have tried all the standard resets/prompts possible. If you don’t have the RC Pro, please, no disrespect but I am all set. I don’t need any help on reading the manual (as I have), been in this game for 10+ years, and doing full restores on the devices and DJI assistance. Was just looking for someone who’s HAD it happen and may have known a fix. I’ve done everything according to a SOP’s regarding troubleshooting. Thank you
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It's too late for me to check tonight. What exactly is the discrepancy so I'll know what to look for tomorrow?
2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It’s the RC itself. Shows you how to calibrate it using the procedure on the screen. When I hit “calibrate” it jumps to “done”. When I go fly. I point west with the RC it’s more like northwest or southwest. Point is. The RC software won’t let me calibrate. Wondering (which was my first question) has anyone found a fix or I’m feeling this may be a firmware deal?
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Msorbs Posted at 2-20 19:43
It’s the RC itself. Shows you how to calibrate it using the procedure on the screen. When I hit “calibrate” it jumps to “done”. When I go fly. I point west with the RC it’s more like northwest or southwest. Point is. The RC software won’t let me calibrate. Wondering (which was my first question) has anyone found a fix or I’m feeling this may be a firmware deal?

What exactly is pointing wrong?
2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

As I’ve stated above. It’s not the pointing. It’s the software when trying to calibrate the compass on the RC pro. There is no dance to calibrate, only once you hit start it says “done”. Yet it didn’t do anything.  No worries I’ll figure this out another way.
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

Msorbs Posted at 2-20 19:58
As I’ve stated above. It’s not the pointing. It’s the software when trying to calibrate the compass on the RC pro. There is no dance to calibrate, only once you hit start it says “done”. Yet it didn’t do anything.  No worries I’ll figure this out another way.

You said in the OP that you had a discrepancy on your screen to actual. If everything is pointing correctly, your RC Pro compass does NOT need calibrating!!!  That means, you are seeing the calibration completed.
2022-2-20
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I had also mentioned a few posts back that at times I’ll be facing the RC northwest and it will show anything but northwest. No worries. I’m all set. Just wondering if anyone else had this pop up
2022-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Msorbs Posted at 2-20 20:12
I had also mentioned a few posts back that at times I’ll be facing the RC northwest and it will show anything but northwest. No worries. I’m all set. Just wondering if anyone else had this pop up

It still sounds like the issue is related to the compass in the RC-Pro being deflected and not reading correctly.

How about a screenshot or two and a more detailed explanation.
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

I just tried mine with the same results. The ONLY thing the RC Pro compass affects is the blue/green arrow on the controller location blue dot in the attitude indicator display. It has ZERO effect on flying.
2022-2-21
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for taking the time to verify. I understand this does not effect flying but ultimately the direction the RC pro is facing in relation to the drone. Much appreciated for the time
2022-2-21
Use props
fans4c3d4b32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4895 ft
United States

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same problem with my DJI RC. Obviously no one understood what you were talking about. Its's not letting you calibrate the compass in the actual controller itself for the signal direction.
Screenshot_20220711-174218_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220711-174122_Gallery.jpg
2022-7-11
Use props
Msorbs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Nope. No fix yet. And I have the RC pro as well as the RC for mini 3 pro. All it does is say calibrated unfortunately. My screen jumps around with direction of home point as well. Have reset, downgraded firmware on both RC’s with no luck
2022-7-11
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Msorbs Posted at 2-21 12:19
Thank you for taking the time to verify. I understand this does not effect flying but ultimately the direction the RC pro is facing in relation to the drone. Much appreciated for the time

I understand exactly what your talking about. The directions are self explanatory when doing the compass "Dance" with all DJI drones in years past but the directions for calibrating the RC Pro remote is not so self explanatory and it always says calibration succeeded regardless of how you move the remote to calibrate so your never sure if it's really calibrated. The arrow (drone) on the map view seems to move around a bit, even if the drone or remote is not moving at all. Makes sense?
2022-8-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as a matter of interest with a phone and a normal controller it is sometimes necessary to wave the phone/controller assembly in a figure of eight way to get the 'controller compass'  (really the phones compass ) to work/register correctly, has anyone tried that with one of these smart controllers? Of course it may be entirely irrelevant.
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules