Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 00:05
Thats a really good price,   odd the firmware wont update though.   Thats one thing Ive never had an issue with.

This is the first drone I've had an issue with when updating firmware.  
2022-2-24
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Saying "fixes certain issues" allows them to not disclose (and not be responsible) for bugs that might have caused a drone or property loss for their customers.  They should come clean and properly document the bugs they fixed!
2022-2-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

TonyPHX, wonderful bit of humor, it broke the tension.
2022-2-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-24 18:27
TonyPHX, wonderful bit of humor, it broke the tension.

Humor yes, and also hopeful something that will resonate with the DJI moderators who hopefully have a voice in company behavior.  If I were their developer, I would want to have pride in both my code and my overall work product which includes release notes.  

Alright, fun discussion, I'm going to go back to optimizing my evening and working on certain issues.
2022-2-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-24 18:30
Humor yes, and also hopeful something that will resonate with the DJI moderators who hopefully have a voice in company behavior.  If I were their developer, I would want to have pride in both my code and my overall work product which includes release notes.  

Alright, fun discussion, I'm going to go back to optimizing my evening and working on certain issues.

Here here!
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 2-23 11:52
You welcome and thanks for the provided update!

Hi there George. You arte very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 03:55
This is the first drone I've had an issue with when updating firmware.

Do you have DJI stores there that could help?
2022-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 23:38
Do you have DJI stores there that could help?

I took it into the authorized DJI store and they were unable to update the firmware either.  He said that was the 3rd MA2 that he knew about that wouldn't update to the latest firmware.  He said that hadn't received any service bulletins advising on that issue so not able to resolve the issue.

GOOD NEWS - Skydio 2+ arrives today.  
2022-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-25 04:35
I took it into the authorized DJI store and they were unable to update the firmware either.  He said that was the 3rd MA2 that he knew about that wouldn't update to the latest firmware.  He said that hadn't received any service bulletins advising on that issue so not able to resolve the issue.

GOOD NEWS - Skydio 2+ arrives today.

So you will be AWOL for a while with the new toy then.
2022-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 01:35
So you will be AWOL for a while with the new toy then.

Unboxed, setup and gave it a test flight late yesterday afternoon.  So far too windy today to fly more as I really wanted to try and film my grandson racing his gokart.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.  
2022-2-26
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

Just tested today. Works without any issue (or I did not see them).
2022-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-26 08:01
Unboxed, setup and gave it a test flight late yesterday afternoon.  So far too windy today to fly more as I really wanted to try and film my grandson racing his gokart.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Out of interest,  can you fly indoors like the mini2 and other DJI drones?   Probably not that easy on a boat though to do that.
2022-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 00:40
Out of interest,  can you fly indoors like the mini2 and other DJI drones?   Probably not that easy on a boat though to do that.

Don't think Skydio 2+ would work too well inside the boat.    I did fly the Mini once or maybe twice inside but that was with prop guards on.  
2022-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 14:19
Don't think Skydio 2+ would work too well inside the boat.    I did fly the Mini once or maybe twice inside but that was with prop guards on.

I just had the M2P up in the house (I was struggling to get the waypoint menu to appear - stupid me was in sports mode).  and the door matt nearly left the floor too.
2022-3-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 01:11
I just had the M2P up in the house (I was struggling to get the waypoint menu to appear - stupid me was in sports mode).  and the door matt nearly left the floor too.

That shows you've been flying the Mini 2 much and sidelining the M2P.  Plus the huge difference in the Go and Fly App menus.
2022-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 14:52
That shows you've been flying the Mini 2 much and sidelining the M2P.  Plus the huge difference in the Go and Fly App menus.

Yes,   thats is very true.   Ive been trying to balance between them more recently.  But although the M2P is more of a pleasure to fly,  its also a bit more finicky.   One place I like to take off from always triggers an IMU and compass calibration alert but on the Mini2 nothing at all.   I can walk 30 meters and it goes away.  The only thing I can think of is it happens where a gas pipeline is underground.
2022-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 00:17
Yes,   thats is very true.   Ive been trying to balance between them more recently.  But although the M2P is more of a pleasure to fly,  its also a bit more finicky.   One place I like to take off from always triggers an IMU and compass calibration alert but on the Mini2 nothing at all.   I can walk 30 meters and it goes away.  The only thing I can think of is it happens where a gas pipeline is underground.

Appears the M2P is much more sensitive to the surroundings than the Mini 2.  It would get old in a hurry if you had to calibrate IMU and Compass before every flight.  
2022-3-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, 2 short disconnects in 1 flight with my MA2. (flight in an open area withing 800 meter)

Oops, checked using screen recorded video....RC disconnect from Mobile device ; need new cable i guess

cheers
JJB
2022-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 10:55
Appears the M2P is much more sensitive to the surroundings than the Mini 2.  It would get old in a hurry if you had to calibrate IMU and Compass before every flight.

Mostly Ive just been moving it.  But yesterday I was somewhere else and got the message so I did the calibration and so far its not doing it at the regular place.  So we will see what happens.
2022-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 00:38
Mostly Ive just been moving it.  But yesterday I was somewhere else and got the message so I did the calibration and so far its not doing it at the regular place.  So we will see what happens.

Sounds like more of an anomaly.  
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 04:33
Sounds like more of an anomaly.

Since doing the calibration at home it hasn't done it at that location again.  so fingers crossed.
2022-3-4
Use props
Player1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a mini 2 for iphone , but im using android. I cant find quick shots / active track etc the little screen icon above the record button on screen only changes between video/camera. Can anyone help please? all updated
2022-3-4
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Player1 Posted at 3-4 05:36
I have a mini 2 for iphone , but im using android. I cant find quick shots / active track etc the little screen icon above the record button on screen only changes between video/camera. Can anyone help please? all updated

Mini 2 does not have active track my friend
2022-3-4
Use props
Player1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 3-4 05:40
Mini 2 does not have active track my friend

Thank you for reply, how about quick  shots circle mode etc. i dont see any of this
2022-3-4
Use props
Player1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Player1 Posted at 3-4 05:54
Thank you for reply, how about quick  shots circle mode etc. i dont see any of this

I have found the answer, its because i dont have an sd card in!
2022-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 00:08
Since doing the calibration at home it hasn't done it at that location again.  so fingers crossed.

Agree, most probably an isolated event.  
2022-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 14:22
Agree, most probably an isolated event.

I hope so,   now if only they released a software fix for the OA being sensitive to light It would be perfect.
2022-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-5 01:13
I hope so,   now if only they released a software fix for the OA being sensitive to light It would be perfect.

I hear you on the OA sensitivity.  
2022-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 18:12
I hear you on the OA sensitivity.

I keep meaning to clean my cameras with a Q tip as I noticed there is some dust in there which might not be helping.
2022-3-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:53
I keep meaning to clean my cameras with a Q tip as I noticed there is some dust in there which might not be helping.

On some days I've noticed a bit of pollen on the lens upon return from a short low level flight.  Guess it is that time of the year.   
2022-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 09:56
On some days I've noticed a bit of pollen on the lens upon return from a short low level flight.  Guess it is that time of the year.

We have some trees now in blossom,   so there is a chance of that I guess.
2022-3-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 00:04
We have some trees now in blossom,   so there is a chance of that I guess.

With the official start of Spring in only 13 days I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more blossoms soon.  

Been a bit windy here lately but fortunately it calms down later in the day.  
2022-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-7 04:36
With the official start of Spring in only 13 days I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more blossoms soon.  

Been a bit windy here lately but fortunately it calms down later in the day.

We have quite a lot of blossom out now,  but the wind is doing a good job of stripping it.
2022-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 00:38
We have quite a lot of blossom out now,  but the wind is doing a good job of stripping it.

Sometimes the winds are a pain, but you really need them to drive the wind turbines so always a bit of a tradeoff.
2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-8 10:53
Sometimes the winds are a pain, but you really need them to drive the wind turbines so always a bit of a tradeoff.

I dont know the list,  but when the wind is too strong they lock the off so they dont turn.
2022-3-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 00:23
I dont know the list,  but when the wind is too strong they lock the off so they dont turn.

Found this tidbit on a Google search.

Wind speeds above 60 mph (97 km/h) can cause damage to small turbines. Larger ones can usually take winds of 100 mph (160 km/h).
2022-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-9 11:44
Found this tidbit on a Google search.

Wind speeds above 60 mph (97 km/h) can cause damage to small turbines. Larger ones can usually take winds of 100 mph (160 km/h).

Looks like the shutdown though at 55.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/arti ... rvive-severe-storms
2022-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 00:19
Looks like the shutdown though at 55.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/articles/how-do-wind-turbines-survive-severe-storms

I'm sure 55 was set by engineers as a safe maximum speed to keep from losing blades or the tower itself.  
2022-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 04:17
I'm sure 55 was set by engineers as a safe maximum speed to keep from losing blades or the tower itself.

In the graph its the speed of max performance,  any more speed doesn't produce any more power.
2022-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 00:04
In the graph its the speed of max performance,  any more speed doesn't produce any more power.

Very interesting.  Cars in the states are designed for maximum highway gas mileage when driven at 55 mph.  Anything over that does give more speed but at a reduced miles per gallon.
2022-3-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules