Flying at Kenneth Hahn Park
3090 4 2022-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel1445
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

Would anyone know if flying at Kenneth Hahn Park in Los Angeles would be fine? or is their a posted notice or rule preventing me from doing so?
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Miguel1445. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will be post a DJI Link where in you can check the location Kenneth Hahn Park in Los Angeles, California if it is free to fly your DJI drone of if the location is a No Fly Zone ( NFZ ). Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2022-2-21
Use props
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8245 ft
United States

The Geo-maps wont help you with city restriction only big stuff like airports.  If it's part of the Los Angeles parks and rec than it's not allowed.  There is an old law on the books that LA has rectified that basically bans all aircraft (even though they don't use the word drone) from landing or taking off from within a city park.  Its the same city ordnance that Griffith Observatory quotes on their website.  They have even prosecuted guys who did stupid things with their drones.  However, it's still legal to fly in LA from other sites.

I have not been to that park, but technically,, if they prohibit things like dogs, skateboards, fires, etc, they are supposed to list the city ordnance number on the sign.  If there is just some "no drone" sticker on there chances are some Karen did that.  Which by the way is defacing a sign.  If it's on there for real, chances are someone like a park ranger is going to looking out for it to bust someone.
2022-2-22
Use props
Miguel1445
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much for the information it was super useful and informative! I figured that it be something like of this nature. During my brief research I felt that it wasn't made clear whether or not it was allowed I definitely pick up a sense that most locations within the city were kinda "anti drones" or reluctant for the lack of better word choice, so thank you once again for taking the time and writing back. By the way I'm a huge fan of flying drones and love the direction that DJI and other enuhasitants of this hobby have taken and I hope this community continues to grow as it is truly an awesome hobby.
2022-2-22
Use props
sunnyinsocal
lvl.1

United States

Kenneth Hahn isn't a City of LA park, but is an LA County park so City rules/laws don't apply there.  I've read that drones are allowed at Kenneth Hahn, as long as they are not flown in a dangerous manner.  YMMV, of course, as time goes on.
2023-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules