ADS-B?
2629 6 2022-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

The Mini 2 doesn't have ADS-B, does it?  I swear I saw a setiing for it somewhere, but may have just imagined it.

2022-2-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

No, the Air2s does
2022-2-21
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

OK, thanks.  No biggie.  I was just curious if drones with ADS would show up on sites like ADS-B Exchange when active?
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SpaceForceCmdr. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Kindly please refer to the post above and for additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.
2022-2-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

None of the Mini series drones have it at this time. I believe DJI had said they only planned to implement ADS-B for their >250g drones.
2022-2-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

SpaceForceCmdr Posted at 2-21 18:47
OK, thanks.  No biggie.  I was just curious if drones with ADS would show up on sites like ADS-B Exchange when active?

There are two parts to ADS-B.

"ADS-B OUT" is the sending of your own aircraft's GPS location data to be received by "ADS-B IN" capable receivers.

"ADS-B IN" is the receive part where you receive the signal and can display it for awareness of other aircraft. ADS-B devices in aircraft receive ADS-B data directly and sites like FlightRadar24 receive this data from multiple ADS-B IN receivers and aggregate the data for display on the web and in apps.

Some devices, such as many of those installed in manned aircraft, are both IN and OUT capable (transceivers), but I would suspect that recreational drones are only ever going to be ADS-B IN capable (my opinion only)

Commercial and delivery drones, however, may well get/have both capabilities - so that there can be some sort of autonomy in avoiding other drones in a fleet, for example, rather than relying on central coordination.
2022-2-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SpaceForceCmdr Posted at 2-21 18:47
OK, thanks.  No biggie.  I was just curious if drones with ADS would show up on sites like ADS-B Exchange when active?

Unlikely, especially for the smaller drones.

NATS app in the UK can add a notice to other fliers in the local area, you have to add that yourself though, not sure if other countries have anything similar, there is NOTAMS but i think that might be just for manned flights and official drones and chute drops, not 100% sure if we can add a notice. But that's all there is for alerting other pilots as far as i know.
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules