Drone error? Need help
1392 21 2022-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141716 ft
Canada

It had a motor error then lost gps connection and went into attitude mode.

It was flying away on its left side and wouldn't respond to all my commands after the motor error, so to prevent it from flying away completely on its own i did the emergency stop so then it fell from about 65+ meters somewhere.

Flew it off of from my balcony about 60 meters from the ground. Looked for 3 days for hours on end and couldn't find it.

Only have the gps recording of it which is linked here. No idea what happened to my drone
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

The gps footage

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9wpuufseas0w8y/video_1645255780731.mp4?dl=0
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI Mini 2 drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the loss and thank you.
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_H4ykzytSqz3M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067982 ft
Romania

Hi, I also had a connection problem with my drone, after which it left without coming back. I contacted the dji support, I explained the situation to them, and I am waiting to see what they will say. It's good to communicate with them.
2022-2-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Follow the instructions in the below link and post your flight log, someone would be able to help you with a gps point and give an idea of where to search. Did the drone get hit by.a bird or something on its way down? Could you see the drone if you took off from your balcony?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

Suren Posted at 2-21 23:34
Follow the instructions in the below link and post your flight log, someone would be able to help you with a gps point and give an idea of where to search. Did the drone get hit by.a bird or something on its way down? Could you see the drone if you took off from your balcony?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

No i didn't see it, there was no bird in sight. Was occupied looking at the screen to try and get it closer
2022-2-22
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

There are conditions that have caused drones to fail to correctly respond to control inputs. It happened to me.  DJI replaced my (lost) drone at no cost. No guarantees that you will get the same, but I would suggest you do the following:

1. Post your flight data below, as suggested by @Suren
Others will be able to access the flight data and someone will come along to analyze it.

2. After doing that (and giving others a chance to do some analysis) then contact DJI support as requested. They will do their own analysis and determine if you qualify for a replacement (if the loss of the drone was not due to errors you made) or not.

My experience doing the above was quite good.  I got some expert opinions on what appeared to happen (and some non-expert opinions, too, so be ready for all that), and ultimately DJI sent me a new one at no cost.  The service I received (both from smart volunteers, and from DJI) was very good.

What happened to me on the day my drone was lost is different than what happened to you, but I note one potential similarity: You say you launched from the balcony on a building.  Did you fly the drone out and then DOWN to a lower altitude than the luanch point, then have trouble after you tried to fly back up to the level where the drone launched from?  That appeared to be a factor when mine was lost.

2022-2-22
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

Burstmode Posted at 2-22 17:54
There are conditions that have caused drones to fail to correctly respond to control inputs. It happened to me.  DJI replaced my (lost) drone at no cost. No guarantees that you will get the same, but I would suggest you do the following:

Thanks for the info!

I've been emailing dji support to try and get a new one, a construction worker ended up finding it and returned it to me.

I fly i out of my balcony about and below the hight of launch all the time to practice flying so i dont think that could have anything to do with it
2022-2-22
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 2-22 17:54

Good to see you back here Burstmode - assume you are now flying again?

Did you ever manage to recover that downed drone, or was it in just too precarious a position?

Did DJI ever give you any further explanation of what might have caused your crash?
2022-2-23
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp Posted at 2-22 20:06
Thanks for the info!

I've been emailing dji support to try and get a new one, a construction worker ended up finding it and returned it to me.
As Burstmode says, his loss was a bit different, but the flight below launch height aspect is common.

Did you, by any chance, update your Fly Safe Database shortly before this flight and did you have any problems climbing back above take offvheight (0m/ 0ft indicated in app) before the fly away?

And have you tried the Find My Drone function in the Fly app so direct you to its last known GPS position?
2022-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp Posted at 2-22 20:06
Thanks for the info!

I've been emailing dji support to try and get a new one, a construction worker ended up finding it and returned it to me.

hi,

Would be nice to see your flightlog, log will explain what really happend.
Use link in post #5

cheers
JJB
2022-2-23
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

In addition to the flight log, is there any footage of the flight itself?  It seems like something happened around the time the motor error appeared...  Perhaps some sort of collision?
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

No Original Thought Posted at 2-23 00:35
As Burstmode says, his loss was a bit different, but the flight below launch height aspect is common.

Did you, by any chance, update your Fly Safe Database shortly before this flight and did you have any problems climbing back above take offvheight (0m/ 0ft indicated in app) before the fly away?

No i didn't & the gps only took me to its last know location while it was still flying. The gps lost connection mid flight so i didn't have an accurate location for where it crashed.
Screenshot_20220223-085741_Video Player.jpg
2022-2-23
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp Posted at 2-23 08:57
No i didn't & the gps only took me to its last know location while it was still flying. The gps lost connection mid flight so i didn't have an accurate location for where it crashed.

At this point JJB is your best hope...

If you upload your flight log as per his request he'll be abe to help you with the most detailed info that is available from that flight.

Find My Drone might have been a quick way to get it back as the last known location may have been somwhere close to where it crash landed, but if that's doesn't help, then JJB is your best bet by a long way.
2022-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 2-23 09:14
At this point JJB is your best hope...

If you upload your flight log as per his request he'll be abe to help you with the most detailed info that is available from that flight.

too much credit for me...but thanks  ;-)
2022-2-23
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-23 09:21

Nice that you see it that way - you could have taken it as me putting you under too much pressure
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

JJB* Posted at 2-23 09:21

Im trying to get my logs by the "files\flightrecord" files dont exist on my phone
Screenshot_20220223-131059.jpg
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp Posted at 2-23 13:12
Im trying to get my logs by the "files\flightrecord" files dont exist on my phone[Image]

I cant get upload my flight logs. Not sure what im doing wrong.
2022-2-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp Posted at 2-23 13:24
I cant get upload my flight logs. Not sure what im doing wrong.

hi,

Can`t you do a txt search using a file exploare?  searh like *flightrecord*.txt....

cheers
JJB

2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

JJB* Posted at 2-24 01:09
hi,

Can`t you do a txt search using a file exploare?  searh like *flightrecord*.txt....

Nothing comes up when i search for it
Screenshot_20220224-061230_My Files.jpg
2022-2-24
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Just an observation from someone who hasn't even received their Mini 2 yet (UPS out for delivery today :-) ...

Do you see the \dji.go.v5 folder ?  You won't find anything with 'flightrecord' if you can't even locate the data folder for the DJI app...  Try going 'up' in your file manager...
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_JYQT4RmLxuWp
lvl.1
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 2-24 06:38
Just an observation from someone who hasn't even received their Mini 2 yet (UPS out for delivery today :-) ...

Do you see the \dji.go.v5 folder ?  You won't find anything with 'flightrecord' if you can't even locate the data folder for the DJI app...  Try going 'up' in your file manager...

Its not anywhere on my phone, i have random logs from different days in my phone but thats all. I've searched through my phone with my computer too
2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules