Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
historic pictures of the empty Verzasca Reservoir (DJI Mavic Air 2)
1251 35 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

The Verzasca Dam is well known from the James Bond movie GoldenEye. Currently, the reservoir is empty due to maintenance works. We shot some footage of the fascinating landscape and lost places, normally covered by 200m of water.

2022-2-22
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fascinating! Even the trees are still there.
2022-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely amazing footage Schwendi.   So cool to see what has been hidden for the last 50 years.  It's amazing how well preserved the trees are.  
2022-2-22
Use props
ebea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4297572 ft
Denmark

Interesting to see it, fully empty!  And in photo here, same place, and for those with "hang" to some extra action!
verzasca-bungyjump.jpg
2022-2-22
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Depp Posted at 2-22 04:36
Fascinating! Even the trees are still there.

thank you! Yes I was especially fascinated by how well the trees are preserved after 56 years under water. Really amazing...
2022-2-22
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-22 07:29
Absolutely amazing footage Schwendi.   So cool to see what has been hidden for the last 50 years.  It's amazing how well preserved the trees are.

Thank you so much! It was really cool to be there and see all this uncovered now.
2022-2-22
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

ebea Posted at 2-22 08:09
Interesting to see it, fully empty!  And in photo here, same place, and for those with "hang" to some extra action!

How cool is that! Is this you? I never made the bungee jump yet, but I may have to try it one day. I hope I have enough courage.
2022-2-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What incredible views! It must hold a monumental volume of water when full.
2022-2-22
Use props
ebea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4297572 ft
Denmark

Schwendi Posted at 2-22 08:18
How cool is that! Is this you? I never made the bungee jump yet, but I may have to try it one day. I hope I have enough courage.

No, not me; I'm too old for that ;-) And I always have in mind, that the entire attachments to the Body, may fall off.
2022-2-22
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Blériot53 Posted at 2-22 09:16
What incredible views! It must hold a monumental volume of water when full.

Yes, it does. I was many times there, since I was a child. It's impressive, how large the lake is.
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

ebea Posted at 2-22 10:29
No, not me; I'm too old for that ;-) And I always have in mind, that the entire attachments to the Body, may fall off.

Yeah :-). We are not James Bond, haha
2022-2-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schwendi Posted at 2-23 00:24
Yes, it does. I was many times there, since I was a child. It's impressive, how large the lake is.

Once the repairs and maintenance are completed, and the reservoir eventually refilled, I suppose it's unlikely ever to be seen so empty again in our lifetimes?
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Blériot53 Posted at 2-23 00:39
Once the repairs and maintenance are completed, and the reservoir eventually refilled, I suppose it's unlikely ever to be seen so empty again in our lifetimes?

Well, I'm not sure about that. The newspapers exaggerated a bit about that point. In fact the lake was empty as well somewhen in the 90ties. So I think this will happen again in our livetime. But the special thing now is, that it remains empty for a pretty long time, i.e for few months. They say, it will stay empty until around Easter. I think this won't happen again in our lifetime, that it will be empty for so long. Currently they have a very dry period in Ticino...
2022-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 01:08
Beautiful footage.

Thank you! I was very happy, when I watched the footage the first time. I really like my Mavic Air2, it's still a very good drone for this price.
2022-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schwendi Posted at 2-23 01:27
Thank you! I was very happy, when I watched the footage the first time. I really like my Mavic Air2, it's still a very good drone for this price.

You're very welcome.
2022-2-23
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Nicely shot! The slow pace gives it really appropriate eerie feel.
2022-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schwendi Posted at 2-22 08:17
Thank you so much! It was really cool to be there and see all this uncovered now.

My pleasure Schwendi.    Have a great day and a wonderful week.  
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

No Original Thought Posted at 2-23 02:19
Nicely shot! The slow pace gives it really appropriate eerie feel.

Thank you! In editing tutorials, I'm always told to cut every few seconds for a good pace. But I definitively didn't follow this rule here and I like the result. In my opinion it's much more immersive to cut longer scenes. Of course it depends on the type of video and the subject.

Most scenes I shot in the slow and smooth tripod mode, that way my poor pilot skills don't ruin the shot with too fast direction changes etc.. I increased the speed in editing then at some places.
2022-2-23
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Schwendi Posted at 2-23 04:38
Thank you! In editing tutorials, I'm always told to cut every few seconds for a good pace. But I definitively didn't follow this rule here   and I like the result. In my opinion it's much more immersive to cut longer scenes. Of course it depends on the type of video and the subject.

Most scenes I shot in the slow and smooth tripod mode, that way my poor pilot skills don't ruin the shot with too fast direction changes etc.. I increased the speed in editing then at some places.

You defintely made the right creative choices - it works so well for the subject mater.
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

No Original Thought Posted at 2-23 05:06
You defintely made the right creative choices - it works so well for the subject mater.

Thank you so much for this encouraging feedback, I appreciate!
2022-2-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schwendi Posted at 2-23 00:49
Well, I'm not sure about that. The newspapers exaggerated a bit about that point. In fact the lake was empty as well somewhen in the 90ties. So I think this will happen again in our livetime. But the special thing now is, that it remains empty for a pretty long time, i.e for few months. They say, it will stay empty until around Easter. I think this won't happen again in our lifetime, that it will be empty for so long. Currently they have a very dry period in Ticino...

Just the opposite here. Torrential rain has saturated the high ground, and the run-off is overflowing from the rivers and causing localised flooding.  (Not here, thankfully).
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Blériot53 Posted at 2-23 06:31
Just the opposite here. Torrential rain has saturated the high ground, and the run-off is overflowing from the rivers and causing localised flooding.  (Not here, thankfully).

Oh, take care...
2022-2-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No worries - I haven't even got my feet wet.
2022-2-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's awesome, kind of scary that all the trees are still there.
2022-2-23
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 2-23 17:19
That's awesome, kind of scary that all the trees are still there.

thank you. Yes, the trees look indeed strange. But fascinating, that they are so well preserved after 56 years under water...
2022-2-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schwendi Posted at 2-24 00:06
thank you. Yes, the trees look indeed strange. But fascinating, that they are so well preserved after 56 years under water...

Wow 56 years! Seeing that was a once in a life time experience then, so cool that you got to shoot this.
2022-2-24
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 2-24 00:10
Wow 56 years! Seeing that was a once in a life time experience then, so cool that you got to shoot this.

well, it was empty for a very short time in the 90ties, as far as I know. Not sure if it was completely empty. And I guess they will have to to do maintenance in future as well, so it will be empty again. But normally only very short and now it's longer (few months) and almost completely empty. So yeah, it's kind of a once in a life time experience, at least for me . Very special for me, because I was there many times since I was a child, I like the valley and the lake. And to see it now empty was amazing for me.
2022-2-24
Use props
ShiuRao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185673 ft
New Zealand

very nice video thanks for sharing
2022-2-25
Use props
NeonOrange
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2429462 ft
United States

Nice shots!
2022-2-25
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

ShiuRao Posted at 2-25 14:11
very nice video thanks for sharing

my pleasure! thank you for your appreciated feedback!
2022-2-28
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Thank you and have a nice week!
2022-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive footage.
Those trees could make for some nice hardened lumber.
2022-2-28
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 2-28 04:52
Impressive footage.
Those trees could make for some nice hardened lumber.

Yes, indeed. A friend of mine talked about making a table from this old wood.
2022-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Schwendi Posted at 2-28 08:17
Yes, indeed. A friend of mine talked about making a table from this old wood.

Smart friend
2022-2-28
Use props
ShiuRao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185673 ft
New Zealand

Schwendi Posted at 2-28 00:34
my pleasure! thank you for your appreciated feedback!

You're welcome!
2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules