Commercial use - UK
725 5 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krist
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Really excited that I’ve just ordered my first big boy drone. The Air 2S.

Legacy and C classification withholding, I’m also considering using it for my business purposes in terms of surveys.

Some surveys will be industrial, but most residential.

This means that I’ll be with 50m of people and other houses / roads.

I have the operator and pilot IDs. I am lining up commercial insurance. The question really falls to what training I would need.  Unfortunately it’s a bit of a minefield, so looking for some help from those in the know!

I presume I would need the A2CofC, would this cover me or would I also need the GVC?

Thanks all! Regardless, can’t wait to get it out into the fields!
2022-2-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The GVC is 50m minimum from the uninvolved as standard. If you're new to this, I really wouldn't suggest making one of your first jobs a flight near houses and people.  

You can have the buildings under your control with a GVC and then fly at closer distances, but if it's in a built up area, that could be one hell of a task. The more people you involve, the deeper the rabbit hole goes and someone will tell you they're not happy and that's the job unable to go ahead.

The only way that this can be legally carried out is with someone flying a <250g drone or a company with a Specific Category OSC, until the C markings are applied to the <900g drones.

2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Krist. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Air 2S and for choosing DJI. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses there DJI Drone in commercial use can give out the best information and recommendation with regard to this matter. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-2-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get a Mini2 for this,   much easier to stay legal.
2022-2-23
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a PfCO and gave it up and am now using a Mini 2. Maybe not quite the same quality of my other machines, but gives me a lot more freedom. I still have commercial use insurance for it.
2022-2-23
Use props
Krist
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So I ended up getting the Mini 2 for this, the hoops to jump through were a bit daunting.  I'll wait until the CE markings come out then take note.  

It's a fantastic little drone.

Thanks for the advice all!
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules