Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Production Date Missing
1043 9 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Good day all,

It has been a while since I've updated my DJI Fly app, and now that I just updated to 1.5.10, I noticed that the prodcution date for the battery that's supposed to be listed in the battery info section of the safety tab is gone. I figure it should have been gone for a while already and some might have talked about it, but after searching around the web I can't seem to see anyone discussing about this or I may have just missed it. So I would just like to ask if you guys have any idea on why it was removed or if it is still present somewhere, since yeah, it really was handy for me to quickly check how old or new batteries are. Thanks.
2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ranrick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application on your mobile device for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-2-22
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 20:18
Hello there ranrick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application on your mobile device for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. And I noticed I'm not the only one experiencing it. I've watched a lot of reviewers online and caught a glimpse of their battery info section missing the production date for a while now. It's just that they don't really talk about why that is or don't care that it changed I guess.
2022-2-23
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 20:18
Hello there ranrick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application on your mobile device for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

So yeah it really isn't an isolated case. Noticed it missing from some online reviewers since 1.5.4 I think if I'm not mistaken, just don't get why they didn't check or talk about it that's all
2022-2-23
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree I don't see the 'manufactured date' in the battery info section, only the serial number. Just checked using Fly v1.5.10.  Maybe it was there in early versions...

While it would be nice to know, it doesn't concern me too much when flying and I rotate between batteries which are labeled only with serial # and battery #. If I want to view manufactured date and cell info, I use AirData to view my battery details and my other equipment.

2022-2-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Have you tried checking this site and putting in the serial number?

http://tools.retroroms.info/

2022-2-23
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

that is weird indeed
2022-2-23
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

RobZilla Posted at 2-23 06:38
I agree I don't see the 'manufactured date' in the battery info section, only the serial number. Just checked using Fly v1.5.10.  Maybe it was there in early versions...

While it would be nice to know, it doesn't concern me too much when flying and I rotate between batteries which are labeled only with serial # and battery #. If I want to view manufactured date and cell info, I use AirData to view my battery details and my other equipment.

Yeah I am sure it was since all the fly apps I used up to 1.4.0 did show the production date. Must've been removed somewhere along version 1.5.

But yeah you have a point. It doesn't bother me all that much and I don't think I would need it, and I did use the serial number manufacturing date tool posted in the forum a while back. But yeah just felt weird having something like that removed for no reason you know.
2022-2-24
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

kyalami Posted at 2-23 08:21
Have you tried checking this site and putting in the serial number?

http://tools.retroroms.info/

Yes I have and it is great. I guess just felt weird not seeing the production date everytime I check my charge cycles that's all but yeah this is good enough thanks!
2022-2-24
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Yep but oh well, guess they'll just do whatever they want. Not like it's gonna affect flight performance, but it was just a nice to have lol.
2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules