Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupted hyperlapse video and no premature shutdown?
857 3 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

I'm having problems recording longer (30s) hyperlapse videos. I've got plenty of storage space, battery power, and I wait until "video synthesis complete" happens, then wait another minute before powering off the drone. However the video files are corrupted. This only happens for longer video files and not short ones. I've seen it now with both 4K and 8K resolution. This does not happen with shorter (8s) videos - only the longer ones.

Help?

EDIT: By trial and error I am attempting to determine the  maximum length I can record without corruption. I was just successful up to 18s, so next experiment will be 24s and we'll see if that works...
2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dangerly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different supported microSD card as well for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

2022-2-22
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Or your SD card is simply EOL and simply damaged and you need to get yourself a new one.
2022-2-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

8K resolution? Where do you get that from? Are you referring to the SD card in the aircraft?

The aircraft should not be limited in its recording time, unless the SD card is not fast enougfh. What is the make and model of the card?

If a file gets 'corrupted' it usually occurs because you shut off the aircraft without stopping the recording process. Turning off the aircraft while it is still recording results in the corrent file nor being closed properly.
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules