Cannot connect mavic mini to controller
7491 15 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hikaslesi
New

United Kingdom

I cannot connect my mavic mini to my controller, i have tried different phones and different internets but with no luck. I tried connecting it to my computer and use dji assistant 2 in case there was a software update but it couldnt find my drone. I have changed the battery and made sure everything is at 100% charge but it doesnt work. I have tried deleting and reinstalling dji fly. The last thing i did with it was installing a update on the drone itself and after that i couldnt connect it again.

2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hikaslesi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly  application? In addition I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI Mavic Mini | How To Link The Remote Controller. Thank you.

2022-2-23
Use props
hikaslesi
New

India

I cannot connect my mavic mini to my controller, i have tried different phones and different internets but with no luck. I tried connecting it to my computer and use dji assistant 2 in case there was a software update but it couldnt find https://xender.vip/ my drone. I have changed the battery and made sure everything is at 100% charge but it doesnt work. I have tried deleting and reinstalling dji fly. The last thing i did with it was installing a update on the drone itself and after that i couldnt connect it again.

I got this,....
2022-2-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You do not need the phone to link the controller and drone, watch the video from 1:23 onwards.
2022-2-25
Use props
mhpountney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33182 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi @hikaslesi - did you ever get this resolved?
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mhpountney Posted at 4-17 20:34
Hi @hikaslesi - did you ever get this resolved?

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Have you tried to reinstall the latest version of the DJI Fly app from our official website to check if the problem persists? Note to back up the video/picture files.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Besides, please tell us more details about your issue? We will try our best to help you out.
2022-4-17
Use props
mhpountney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33182 ft
  • >>>
Italy

@hikaslesi - it might be worth checking the serial numbers of the drone and the controller, to ensure they’re part of the same set.

I’ve just been told by DJI that mine indicate that I have a CE drone and an FCC controller, which are apparently incompatible.
2022-4-18
Use props
djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry to drag this post up but I have the same problem, I updated all software after firing up aircraft and controller and flew the drone for half an hour or so. Next time I fired it up the aircraft won’t connect to controller.
I tried all options to get it to connect, but it would appear the aircraft won’t even go into pairing mode???
I have also connected it to a laptop with DJI assistant 2 and although that will recognise the controller the actual drone doesn’t show up so no way of updating firmware.
I currently have a £400 paperweight. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
2023-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Describe what are you doing to trigger pairing on the drone?
Are you complying with the timescales, 20sec, when attempting to connect the drone to the assistant 2 for Mavic?

2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e Posted at 7-3 12:57
Sorry to drag this post up but I have the same problem, I updated all software after firing up aircraft and controller and flew the drone for half an hour or so. Next time I fired it up the aircraft won’t connect to controller.
I tried all options to get it to connect, but it would appear the aircraft won’t even go into pairing mode???
I have also connected it to a laptop with DJI assistant 2 and although that will recognise the controller the actual drone doesn’t show up so no way of updating firmware.

Hello there. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.

2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.

3. Try linking by pressing the combinations of buttons instead of using the Fly app: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link and then press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.

4. If it still fails, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app and make sure your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.

5. You can also try to connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating & refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. you can download the DJI Assistant 2 on dji.com/downloads

6. If the issue persists, please record a video showing the linking process and firmware version screenshot, and we will check it for you. Please keep us posted.
2023-7-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e Posted at 7-3 12:57

Remove the memory card from the drone. If that fixes the problem look for a corrupt file or perhaps a badly named file on the memory card. I recollect I had copied a photo to the memory card of a drone, the photo's name had a gap in it, that 'bad name' stopped the drone connecting to the controller.
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-10 04:47
Remove the memory card from the drone. If that fixes the problem look for a corrupt file or perhaps a badly named file on the memory card. I recollect I had copied a photo to the memory card of a drone, the photo's name had a gap in it, that 'bad name' stopped the drone connecting to the controller.

Have removed the memory card no change
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-10 03:58
Hello there. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.

Hi
Both controller and aircraft are definitely on.
Removed SD card no better
Controller firmware updated via app and DJI Assistant 2
Pressed and held buttons on both controller and aircraft, nothing different happens with the aircraft it just blinks red and blue. Controller beeps timer runs out and nothing.
Aircraft not recognised when connecting to DJI Assist 2, won’t even show the aircraft.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7kZ3vWpAPU3e Posted at 7-24 11:05
Hi
Both controller and aircraft are definitely on.
Removed SD card no better

Hi there. I'm sorry for the experience. If you have already tried replacing the USB-C cable that connects the drone to the computer or tried using a different computer, we advise sending the drone to us for testing. You can submit a repair request from repair.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
Yaroslav Sukhodolskyi
New

Netherlands

hikaslesi Posted at 2022-2-25 13:29
I cannot connect my mavic mini to my controller, i have tried different phones and different internets but with no luck. I tried connecting it to my computer and use dji assistant 2 in case there was a software update but it couldnt find https://xender.vip/ my drone. I have changed the battery and made sure everything is at 100% charge but it doesnt work. I have tried deleting and reinstalling dji fly. The last thing i did with it was installing a update on the drone itself and after that i couldnt connect it again.

I got this,....

Try to take off the protection cover of your camera.
2023-9-26
Use props
hoel ibardolaza
New

Philippines

Does anyone know if pairing is handled by ambarella chip? Could the chip may have overheated? Causing no pairing (running light) and non computer accesibility?  Or is it the atheros chip 2.4& 5.8ghz chip that overheated.
2023-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules