battery drain and slow speed: motor issue?
531 1 2022-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dev_dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2678146 ft
Germany

hi all,

I am new to this board, therefore I am seeking some help. I was browsing already some by the help of 'search' some threads but I was not able to find a solution.
In case I missed it, my bad, sorry

Current Situation:
I am using two different DJI FPV quads with two remotes and one pair of glasses. One was to train in N and S mode and one was reserved to fly and lean the M-mode
Everything can be paired with everything, I can easily swap the remotes, the drones and use the goggles on both setups.
Lets name them for further explanation
Drone A with Remote A for S/N
Drone B with Remote B for M only

Now to my issue:
Last flight I landed in Dron A in S mode on a free field with a grass like base, gently and softly, no crash.
after replacement of the battery I got the message in the goggles that one motor seems to be blocked and the drone did not start anymore. On the videos I realized that the dron wants to turn a bit clockwise, starts about 3 motors propperly and the front right seems to block a bit, or at least did not rotate with the same speed, so the clockwise rotation was the result

I paired not Drone B with remote A and did some N/S batteries as there were no worries: here i can conclude that the goggles and the remote can not be the root of an issue.

At home I tried to pair again Drone A with remote A and launched it 30cm/50cm to the air. so it started with a fresh set of batteries. Today I used Drone A again with a fresh set of batteries on the same field and it launched like a charm. But it was uuultra slow (2m/s) max speed in M mode and also the battery last only about 2 minutes. it felt like something is holding it back. Same for another battery, which i did not fly completely emtpy since i wanted to test it in the other drone to exclude the batteries...

I changed to drone B and the second battery - works like a charm - full speed and no issues at all

TL;DR: is there a chance that ma dron has some motor fail? how can i check this ?
I can exclude, the batteries, remotes and goggles (and me as user; but proof me wrong)

Due to the ultra short flight time and heavy battery drain i expect some higher current needed to run the motors ?

ah yes; forgot to mention: no wind on both days, very calm. same time and temperature (8°C)

please advice me something i could do and try ?

EDIT:

tried to catch up on chat-support:
- Compass and IMU calibration performed
- firmware on akku and drone are upgraded to last
2022-2-23
Use props
dev_dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2678146 ft
Germany

EDIT #2: firmware update solved the issue; needed to downgrade and upgrade again. done.
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules