New Phone recommendations?
428 3 2022-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Srelliks57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26122 ft
United Kingdom

Looking to replace my Sony Xperia L3 which works but freezes on DJI fly when trying to make adjustments or do one of the pre-programmed photo/video modes, not looking to spend over £200 (250US$) on a new android phone and DJI recommended list is all for high end (expensive) Android phones, so anybody on here got any recommendations for a good phone in this price bracket.
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Srelliks57. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile devices ( Sony Xperia L3 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia L3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-2-23
Use props
Srelliks57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26122 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 18:20
Hello there Srelliks57. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile devices ( Sony Xperia L3 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia L3 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, thanks, yes I am aware of the DJI recommended list, just that most of the phones on there are top end models and quite expensive, hence I wanted to get feedback from users with good experiences on other more reasonably priced android phones.
2022-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Srelliks57 Posted at 2-25 09:06
Hi Stephen, thanks, yes I am aware of the DJI recommended list, just that most of the phones on there are top end models and quite expensive, hence I wanted to get feedback from users with good experiences on other more reasonably priced android phones.

Hi there Srelliks57. Thank you for the reply and for this given information. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI Fly application recommended mobile device list. Thank you.
2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules