Mini 2 won't hold gimbal settings
2333 11 2022-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60581 ft
United States

With the drone and rc on and connected, I cannot get the yaw speed to stick in the advance gimbal settings.

I will change sport to 250, normal to 150, and cine to 8 and they keep resetting back to the defaults.

The changes I make to pitch speed and smoothness seem to stick.

Any suggestions?
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application as well when this is happening? Thank you.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 21:53
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application as well when this is happening? Thank you.
Hello, thank you for the quick response. I am using and LG 8 ThinQ as the mobile device.

The DJI Fly app does not give me any errors. I will change the yaw rates (150⁰ normal, 250⁰ sport, 8⁰ cine) and when I fly the drone they seem to work for a while then when I go back into the advance gimbal settings the yaw rotation speeds go to 40⁰ normal, 50⁰ sport, 30⁰ cine. The pitch speed, pitch smoothness, and yaw smoothness are all where I set them, only the yaw speed changes.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02
lvl.1
United States

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 2-24 09:57
This has been broken for months now.  Changes you make to the advanced gimbal settings are never retained.  Thankfully I edited my settings on a previous version, 1.4.1 I think, and they stay in place, but any changes made now revert.

Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll look for an old firware version.
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02 Posted at 2-23 22:03
Hello, thank you for the quick response. I am using and LG 8 ThinQ as the mobile device.

The DJI Fly app does not give me any errors. I will change the yaw rates (150⁰ normal, 250⁰ sport, 8⁰ cine) and when I fly the drone they seem to work for a while then when I go back into the advance gimbal settings the yaw rotation speeds go to 40⁰ normal, 50⁰ sport, 30⁰ cine. The pitch speed, pitch smoothness, and yaw smoothness are all where I set them, only the yaw speed changes.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this given information. Upon checking the mobile devices ( LG 8 ThinQ ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG 8 ThinQ will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 20:09
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this given information. Upon checking the mobile devices ( LG 8 ThinQ ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG 8 ThinQ will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

No problem. I have a Galaxy S10 as well. It will be a nice experiment to see if it is my phone or your firmware as per the other person who replied to my post. I will let you know.
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_hZuAjstlOn02 Posted at 2-24 21:20
No problem. I have a Galaxy S10 as well. It will be a nice experiment to see if it is my phone or your firmware as per the other person who replied to my post. I will let you know.

Hi there. Thank you for the given update and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-3-1
Use props
lhend
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 20:09

Have the same issue on an iPhone 12 running iOS 15 and the latest version of the app. Hardware is not the culprit here
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_cO17zIlGiwMx
New

Seychelles

Hi there. Same here, having an iPhone 11 Pro and the app is not showing any advanced settings… how can we fix that? My Dji fly app is up to date. iOS 15
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_J6eCsAjIZxEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here, using a pixel 4
2022-12-29
Use props
Erlend
New

Norway

Hi! Old post, but still..
I just acquired a used Mini 2, and I have the same problems as described above,
Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?
2-29 04:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Erlend Posted at 2-29 04:57
Hi! Old post, but still..
I just acquired a used Mini 2, and I have the same problems as described above,
Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video or screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video file via Google Drive or YouTube and send the link here. Please keep us posted.
3-1 20:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules