How to unpair Mini 2 remote for use with another Drone
8052 7 2022-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg Sevior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158570 ft
Australia

HI   I lost my original Mini 2 (went swimming).  
I have purchased a replacement Mini 2 drone, but I am now left the original Controller.   How can I unlink/unbind the controller from the original Mini 2 drone I lost.   (I tried operating my new mini 2 drones with the controller but they would not communicate.)

Thanks

2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Greg Sevior. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please know that after the binding function is enabled, the DJI drone needs to use the bound DJI remote controller to operate. If you want to change the bound DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, connect the new remote control to the drone in the online state, and then replace the remote controller in the camera view. If you want to cancel the binding function of the DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, connect the bound remote control to the aircraft in the online state, and release on the device management or camera view. Thank you.
2022-2-23
Use props
Greg Sevior
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Stephen  

Thank you for the response.    When you say Log into my account what exactly do you mean.     The reason I ask is when I am logged into my account on the DJI website.  My account does NOT show either my previous Mini 2 drone or the current Mini 2  drone listed anywhere in my DJI account?     (Under Orders it just says No Orders. -  Note, both of my drones were purchased in Australia.  The latest drone was purchased from your supplier here D1Drones.com.au.

If you mean to log into the original DJI controller and open the Fly app to access the Profile / Device Management details, then the issue is that for some reason the Aircraft Serial number and Flight Controller No.  (Note - the Remote Controller number is not shown in the Device Manager) that are shown are the details for the new drones.  This is also the same when I connect to the new remote control, so I assume it is some setting in the phone (app) recording the details of the last drone connected.

Ergo

Re: If you want to change the bound DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, -  Please provide exact details of which account and where that account is located.

RE:  If you want to cancel the binding function of the DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, connect the bound remote control to the aircraft in the online state, and release it on the device management or camera view.  -  How would it be possible for me to connect to the (original Mini 2) aircraft when it is lost laying at the bottom of a river ?????

Can you please advise how I can unbind the original Remote Controller from the MISSING aircraft, so the remote controlled can be used used with another drone.

Cheers  Greg
2022-2-23
Use props
Greg Sevior
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Stephen the above response might be a bit unclear.  

To clarify, for some reason neither my original nor my current drone are in my DJI account when I log into it online (dji.com)  In fact other than in orders there seems to be no place to find them.
So if possible could you please provide exact and detailed instructions on what I need to do to unbind my original controller, from my LOST original Mini 2 drone which I can no longer access.   

Thank you
2022-2-24
Use props
fans89d6572d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 707694 ft
Mexico

I bought a crashed mini 2 on internet i fixed ir but now it says that is linked to another control. The seller says that he doesn't know the account that is linked to.
Is there any way yo unlink it?
2023-2-9
Use props
Greg Sevior
lvl.1
Australia

fans89d6572d Posted at 2-9 18:29
I bought a crashed mini 2 on internet i fixed ir but now it says that is linked to another control. The seller says that he doesn't know the account that is linked to.
Is there any way yo unlink it?

There will be a serial number on the drone.   Contact DJI with the serial number and they should be able to tell which account is associated to.
2023-2-9
Use props
paullb1
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-2-23 21:57
Hello there Greg Sevior. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please know that after the binding function is enabled, the DJI drone needs to use the bound DJI remote controller to operate. If you want to change the bound DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, connect the new remote control to the drone in the online state, and then replace the remote controller in the camera view. If you want to cancel the binding function of the DJI remote control, you need to log in to the associated account, connect the bound remote control to the aircraft in the online state, and release on the device management or camera view. Thank you.

Hi, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about DJI drones so I have a question for you. Is there a remote control with a built in screen that will work with my Mavic Air drone?
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paullb1 Posted at 12-27 23:26
Hi, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about DJI drones so I have a question for you. Is there a remote control with a built in screen that will work with my Mavic Air drone?

Hi, there. We're sorry that the DJI Mavic Air isn't compatible with any DJI Remote controller (Built-in screen) models. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules