App inoperable on android phone?
3355 14 2022-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

I'm been a long time DJI user.   I've had several different DJI models.

Until the last 3 days the app has always worked on my phone.  Now it crashes repeatedly and will not open.   Yes I've deleted, re-installed and re-booted a few times.

Are you booted out of the U.S?  Confused as to why so much trouble.

2022-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's nothing wrong with the app.
The problem will be something at your end.
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mrpete. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to islaote the said issue? Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 19:28
Hello there Mrpete. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to islaote the said issue? Thank you.

Samsung s21?
2022-2-25
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

Samsung s21. Thanks.
2022-2-25
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

Is the DJI app now unavailable from the google store?  Direct phone download.  Is this safe?   https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-2-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mrpete Posted at 2-25 02:07
Is the DJI app now unavailable from the google store?  Direct phone download.  Is this safe?   https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Hi, yes, its very safe..
2022-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mrpete Posted at 2-25 02:07

No longer available to download directly from Google Play.  You have to download directly from DJI.  
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_M9TjWIaYTtaX
New
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-25 06:00
Hi, yes, its very safe..

Same issue. Downloaded. File can not be opened!
2022-2-26
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

Still doesn’t work. Dead in the water and disappointed.    Any RC units suggested to avoid using my cell phone altogether?
2022-2-26
Use props
BFE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220180 ft
Canada

So im updating this. DJI stopped updating their apps with Google, some appear to have dissapeared altoghter. It took me alot of wasted time to find this.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233960&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline
2022-2-26
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

BFE Posted at 2-26 12:54
My Note 10 first stopped working. Message read the app had a bug. I think its to do with Android 12. I just upgrade my phone and got a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra. Still the DJI Go4 does not work nor does my flight planning software Drone Harmony. I understand it has to do with DJI not updating the SDK. The fact the new app is not available on the play store is very concerning. The play store ensures that apps are safe and do not contain spyware or malware. My only conclusion is that DJI is being coerced by the Chinese government. Under Chinese law all Chinese companies are required to cooperate and hand over any information they are asked for. Such is the case why Huawei 5G is being blocked in so many countries, So then, if you download the apps directly from DJI you have lost all privacy and must assume the worst. I predict if this doesn't change DJI is going to see a class action lawsuit and or a massive loss of business. If this isn't fixed I cant buy another new DJI drone for my photogrammetry business. Very disappointing.

Agree.   New mini 2 sitting collecting dust.   
2022-2-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BFE Posted at 2-26 12:54
My Note 10 first stopped working. Message read the app had a bug. I think its to do with Android 12. I just upgrade my phone and got a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra. Still the DJI Go4 does not work nor does my flight planning software Drone Harmony. I understand it has to do with DJI not updating the SDK. The fact the new app is not available on the play store is very concerning. The play store ensures that apps are safe and do not contain spyware or malware. My only conclusion is that DJI is being coerced by the Chinese government. Under Chinese law all Chinese companies are required to cooperate and hand over any information they are asked for. Such is the case why Huawei 5G is being blocked in so many countries, So then, if you download the apps directly from DJI you have lost all privacy and must assume the worst. I predict if this doesn't change DJI is going to see a class action lawsuit and or a massive loss of business. If this isn't fixed I cant buy another new DJI drone for my photogrammetry business. Very disappointing.

My only conclusion is that DJI is being coerced by the Chinese government.
That conclusion isn't correct.
It's a case of the US government coercing Google to penalise a few companies like Huawei and DJI.

I just upgrade my phone and got a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra. Still the  DJI Go4 does not work nor does my flight planning software Drone  Harmony. I understand it has to do with DJI not updating the SDK.
For a few years, Samsung has been pushing the envelope with their top phone models and, those with Exynos processors have been giving trouble with DJI apps until DJI adapt their apps to suit them.

2022-2-26
Use props
BFE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220180 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-26 14:17
My only conclusion is that DJI is being coerced by the Chinese government.
That conclusion isn't correct.
It's a case of the US government coercing Google to penalise a few companies like Huawei and DJI.

I leave speculation aside. Changed my post.
2022-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Mrpete. Thank you for the reply and for this information. Kindly please try to download the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules