DJI FLY APP not working Any fix?
76331 323 2022-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_XoKkuW6WBS03 Posted at 8-4 11:40
Yesterday went to open up my DJI fly app and it just starts to try to to open and then shuts down. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled it still with no success. Flying the mini 2

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know what is your mobile device and its current OS version?
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ILz1Z9ysIOWj
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_YW4Oo2LRHxiq Posted at 5-31 21:59
Hi, yes I have downloaded the app from the Dji website. Still useless!
I uninstaller it and went to find it on google play store, though the app is no longer there.
I used an old phone, downloaded it from the galaxy store, still useless!
Yeah, I have the exact same problem as you, as do many others. latest version of DJIFly from DJI Website, file Manager with permissions , many restarts and new installations. Very annoying.
Either there will be a working app for these drones soon or we have to talk about a refund. Too many have the same problems for which there seems to be no satisfactory solution. For a friend, everything worked until his smartphone received the Android 12 update.

Use a OnePlus 8 pro, Android 12 - kernel 4.19 157-perf+

2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ILz1Z9ysIOWj Posted at 8-5 07:57
Yeah, I have the exact same problem as you, as do many others. latest version of DJIFly from DJI Website, file Manager with permissions , many restarts and new installations. Very annoying.
Either there will be a working app for these drones soon or we have to talk about a refund. Too many have the same problems for which there seems to be no satisfactory solution. For a friend, everything worked until his smartphone received the Android 12 update.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you still meet this problem, you can try the following ways:
1) Please reserve 2GB of space first, and then delete your app and download the app again:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2) Please upgrade your devices to the latest version and check.
3) Please try to change to another phone to see if the problem still exists.
And please don't worry, our engineers are checking this problem as well.

Besides, may we know the phone model of your friend as well?
You can ask him/her to try the above steps as well, most Android phones are currently compatible with the dji fly app.
Please keep us updated on this issue, and if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.

2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ILz1Z9ysIOWj
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-6 00:17
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you still meet this problem, you can try the following ways:
1) Please reserve 2GB of space first, and then delete your app and download the app again: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2) Please upgrade your devices to the latest version and check.

I have now uninstalled the app 10 times and restarted the smartphone umpteen times. reinstalled the app in several ways. the normal and the compatibility version from the dji website.
I also tried the app on another Android device. But it didn't work there either (OnePlus north).
I find the statement that you should buy a new cell phone to use the app outrageous.
When I bought the drone the app worked on both devices.

Please tell me where I can find my PM s. I didn't find a message center on this website or in my profile.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ILz1Z9ysIOWj Posted at 8-6 00:33
I have now uninstalled the app 10 times and restarted the smartphone umpteen times. reinstalled the app in several ways. the normal and the compatibility version from the dji website.
I also tried the app on another Android device. But it didn't work there either (OnePlus north).
I find the statement that you should buy a new cell phone to use the app outrageous.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
You can check the following photo to see how to check the PM.We hope you can send us a related video via Pm so that we can help you more with this problem as well. (You can send us the video via Google Drive or Dropbox)  
And if you have any more needs, please let us know.

2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-6 01:33
You can check the following photo to see how to check the PM.We hope you can send us a related video via Pm so that we can help you more with this problem as well. (You can send us the video via Google Drive or Dropbox)  
And if you have any more needs, please let us know.

So many people have sent log and details but dji just does not have solution to the problem of app not opening recently which happened to me alsp when i opened it today morning since a week. And now dji will again ask me to send the log and details.
P.s. dji fly has been used for a over a month on my "updated" pixel 6. Dji fly is updated to latest version but now its not even opneing. Just goes blank and crashes after displaying the start dji logo. If y can sort the problem quick enough thats ok (without asking for more details) or else can i know the procedure for refund as i have shoots lined up and will be at a loss.

Thanks and regards
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_6yqj0ligrqPY
New

Canada

djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX Posted at 8-6 02:01
So many people have sent log and details but dji just does not have solution to the problem of app not opening recently which happened to me alsp when i opened it today morning since a week. And now dji will again ask me to send the log and details.
P.s. dji fly has been used for a over a month on my "updated" pixel 6. Dji fly is updated to latest version but now its not even opneing. Just goes blank and crashes after displaying the start dji logo. If y can sort the problem quick enough thats ok (without asking for more details) or else can i know the procedure for refund as i have shoots lined up and will be at a loss.

Same problem. Why update a working version to one that crashes and takes days to fix
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is dji updating anything on the issue?
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX Posted at 8-6 02:01
P.s. dji fly has been used for a over a month on my "updated" pixel 6. Dji fly is updated to latest version but now its not even opneing. Just goes blank and crashes after displaying the start dji logo. If y can sort the problem quick enough thats ok (without asking for more details) or else can i know the procedure for refund as i have shoots lined up and will be at a loss.

Hope you can understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. We sent you a PM regarding the crash on your pixel 6, please have a look.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_6yqj0ligrqPY Posted at 8-6 06:37
Same problem. Why update a working version to one that crashes and takes days to fix

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with more details about the issue you encountered? Please tell us the model of your phone and the version of the DJI Fly version before the update.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_PPnn08gr05Ju
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207759 ft
Australia

Hi. I have the same problem with the app and not working on the Samsung Galaxy s20 fe. Iv installed the new version from the dji site. Allowed the permissions. Updated the my phone. And reinstalled multiple times.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_1xht5T6SMj1c
New
United States

I am also having the same issue that most are having. Screen for the app pops up flashes the DJI logo and then immediately falls back to hom screen or previously opened app. I may self have cleared data, cache, uninstalled and then reinstalled, shut down phone for around an hour, and still nothing. I am guessing it's a compatibility issue with the new android security update for Android 12. I am running a pixel 6 and have scoured the internet looking for fixes but have only found stuff that is months or more old and does not retain to this new issue. The developers of the DJI fly app need to look into this and see what's causing it. It's an app issue cause before my phone updated the DJI app worked perfectly fine. I had been flying it around two days before my phone popped up saying there was an update.  Version of the DJI fly app is 1.6.9 attached is info on what android version I am running. I really hope you guys fixed it. I like the app and it's easy to use.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_PPnn08gr05Ju Posted at 8-7 01:22
Hi. I have the same problem with the app and not working on the Samsung Galaxy s20 fe. Iv installed the new version from the dji site. Allowed the permissions. Updated the my phone. And reinstalled multiple times.

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue. Could you please tell us the OS version of your phone? You may also try to turn on the GPS and airplane mode on your phone and then try to open the app again to see if it works.
2022-8-7
Use props
Andrej Božič
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102674 ft
Italy

Hello. I have the same problem with DJI Fly app and Google Pixel 5.
When I try to open the app only the DJI logo flashes and then it crashes. It worked perfect until yesterday but now it doesn't work anymore. I have DJI Fly app version 1.6.9 and my android version can be seen from attached screenshot.
Please do something because I'm on vacation with many beautiful sites but can't fly my Mavic Mini!!!
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andrej Božič Posted at 8-7 04:41
Hello. I have the same problem with DJI Fly app and Google Pixel 5.
When I try to open the app only the DJI logo flashes and then it crashes. It worked perfect until yesterday but now it doesn't work anymore. I have DJI Fly app version 1.6.9 and my android version can be seen from attached screenshot.
Please do something because I'm on vacation with many beautiful sites but can't fly my Mavic Mini!!!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have sent you a test file via PM, could you please check?
Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_96tcNMXKZfC8
New
Flight distance : 27283 ft
United States

I am having the same issue, and I can't open the app. Restarted my device (Pixel 6 Pro) and I've reinstalled multiple times. It started happening after an update to the app. It opens for a split second and immediately returns back home. I have to force stop the app to turn it off. I can't seem to recover my drone footage either.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_96tcNMXKZfC8 Posted at 8-7 16:34
I am having the same issue, and I can't open the app. Restarted my device (Pixel 6 Pro) and I've reinstalled multiple times. It started happening after an update to the app. It opens for a split second and immediately returns back home. I have to force stop the app to turn it off. I can't seem to recover my drone footage either.

Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP
New
Flight distance : 89662 ft

United States

Hi there,

I am on a two month long bike trip and have been using the my DJI Mavic 2 with good success, no problems regarding the app. I was prompted to download an update, which I did, and now the app will not open. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled using the DJI page and still it will not work. App can be installed but when I click on the icon it will very briefly open i.e. white screen and logo and then close.

This needs to be resolved ASAP. I bought the drone with the sole use for this trip and now it doesn't work, frustrated/angry doesn't even come close.

I have a GOOGLE PIXEL 5 btw. Which I noted is not part of the android compatible phones list online...and if that is the case....
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP Posted at 8-7 21:58
Hi there,

I am on a two month long bike trip and have been using the my DJI Mavic 2 with good success, no problems regarding the app. I was prompted to download an update, which I did, and now the app will not open. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled using the DJI page and still it will not work. App can be installed but when I click on the icon it will very briefly open i.e. white screen and logo and then close.

Thank you.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 00:32
Thank you.

Via where? I have received no file or message either within DJI.com or via email.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-7 00:41
Hope you can understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. We sent you a PM regarding the crash on your pixel 6, please have a look.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Am sorry but how do we check the PM sent by you? I checked my account but not able to find it.
Regards
Vishal Kabre
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_96tcNMXKZfC8
New
Flight distance : 27283 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-7 18:15
Thank you.

Thanks for the rply. Unfortunately,I have no PM from you. Are you sending them somewhere else? I don't have any email notifications or updates from you.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_96tcNMXKZfC8 Posted at 8-8 04:45
Thanks for the rply. Unfortunately,I have no PM from you. Are you sending them somewhere else? I don't have any email notifications or updates from you.

Thanks for the update. Please check the photo below:
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP Posted at 8-8 04:26
Via where? I have received no file or message either within DJI.com or via email.

Thanks for the update, you can find my PM via the photo below:
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot! The new beta version works now!
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_Pld9sulGlrYH
New

France

I too have the same problem. After two days of trouble-free use, the app stopped working. It starts and then immediately stops. I restarted my Pixel 6a several times and reinstalled several times too, without success.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_sjpMHHnC1b6p
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142733 ft
Turkey

The application does not open for me either and I am encountering such an error.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Build fingerprint: 'POCO/vayu_tr/vayu:12/SKQ1.211006.001/V13.0.1.0.SJUTRXM:user/release-keys' Revision: '0' ABI: 'arm64' Timestamp: 2022-08-06 17:24:41.952692715+0300 Process uptime: 0s Cmdline: dji.go.v5 pid: 7259, tid: 7259, name: dji.go.v5 >>> dji.go.v5 <<< uid: 10464 signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 0x792dc73e35 x0 000000792dc73e35 x1 0000007fc5a484c0 x2 0000000000000075 x3 0000000080040401 x4 0000000000000000 x5 0000000000000000 x6 636e6773644c6360 x7 7f7f7f7f7f7f7f7f x8 00000006e863baf5 x9 0000000000000004 x10 0000000000000017 x11 0101010101010101 x12 000000000000000b x13 000000000000000e x14 0000000000000003 x15 000000000000000d x16 000000782e7bb3a8 x17 000000794e515700 x18 0000000000000018 x19 000000782e796600 x20 0000000000001b1f x21 00000078adc00000 x22 00000078ae40eaf0 x23 00000078adc00040 x24 0000000000000000 x
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_RICaxUB3aIbM
New
Flight distance : 48714 ft
United States

Hi. My dji Fly app suddenly won't open. Or well it crashes right after the splash screen. It has been working up until recently. My last successful flight was maybe 2 weeks ago. But now the app won't stay open.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 04:48
Thanks for the update, you can find my PM via the photo below:
[view_image]

I am accessing from mobile and see no PM from you. Either within forum.dji.com or DJI.com. Can the file/link just be emailed? Thank you. Need this resolved asap.

Sholto
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_wHoWJtoNWBTX Posted at 8-8 06:55
Thanks a lot! The new beta version works now!

Thanks for the update.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pld9sulGlrYH Posted at 8-8 08:24
I too have the same problem. After two days of trouble-free use, the app stopped working. It starts and then immediately stops. I restarted my Pixel 6a several times and reinstalled several times too, without success.

Hi, there.
Please don't worry, our relevant team is checking this problem.
I have also send you a PM about this issue, please check.
Besides, if you need any support, you can contact us anytime here.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_sjpMHHnC1b6p Posted at 8-8 11:50
The application does not open for me either and I am encountering such an error.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Build fingerprint: 'POCO/vayu_tr/vayu:12/SKQ1.211006.001/V13.0.1.0.SJUTRXM:user/release-keys' Revision: '0' ABI: 'arm64' Timestamp: 2022-08-06 17:24:41.952692715+0300 Process uptime: 0s Cmdline: dji.go.v5 pid: 7259, tid: 7259, name: dji.go.v5 >>> dji.go.v5

Hi, there. May I confirm is your app DJI FLY?
If yes, please don't worry about this issue and let us know.
Thank you.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_RICaxUB3aIbM Posted at 8-8 13:54
Hi. My dji Fly app suddenly won't open. Or well it crashes right after the splash screen. It has been working up until recently. My last successful flight was maybe 2 weeks ago. But now the app won't stay open.

Our relevant team is checking this problem now.
And if you are urgent about this issue, you can check your PM, we have sent you details in your PM.
Thank you.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_R9SePcJc1duP Posted at 8-8 15:09
I am accessing from mobile and see no PM from you. Either within forum.dji.com or DJI.com. Can the file/link just be emailed? Thank you. Need this resolved asap.

Sholto

Hi, Sholto.
We are tech support from Forum here and sorry that we have no relevant email.
But you can check our PM via the below photo, or you can contact this email to get more help: support@dji.com
If you need any more support, you can also feel free to tell me here.

2022-8-8
Use props
Nonya
New

United States

This sucks!
Planning beach trip and pull out the drone... Pos dont work. App doesn't work
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_WOhfn6uL221m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5454019 ft
United States

DJI FlY app keeps crashing won't open . Google Pixel 6l. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.multiple times from the DjI apk link
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_Tn7bMLxHjkOp
New

Kazakhstan

hi! i reinstall dji fly app from your website, its still doesnt work! can U help me?
mobile oneplus 9R
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nonya Posted at 8-8 18:31
This sucks!
Planning beach trip and pull out the drone... Pos dont work. App doesn't work

May I know your drone model and phone model and version?
We will check asap and help you more with this problem.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_WOhfn6uL221m Posted at 8-8 19:22
DJI FlY app keeps crashing won't open . Google Pixel 6l. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.multiple times from the DjI apk link

We will send you a PM and help you with this issue later, please don't worry.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Tn7bMLxHjkOp Posted at 8-8 23:19
hi! i reinstall dji fly app from your website, its still doesnt work! can U help me?
mobile oneplus 9R

We will send you a PM and help you with this issue later, please don't worry.
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules