RS2 and RavenEye cannot connect at same time a7Siii?
2541 2 2022-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lampy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128343 ft
United States

FIRST OFF - After pulling my hair out for about 4 hours yesterday after receiving the gimbal trying to get the RavenEye to work watching countless youtube videos and ensuring all my camera settings were correct, and reading anything I could find with my phone - it DID work - but only for about 10 minutes.  I finally got it to work after using only 3 cables:  #1: Power cable from bottom Gimbal USBC to Power USBC on RaveneEye.  #2: HDMI from Sony a7siii to HDMI in on RavenEye.  #3 Mini USB from a7sIII to top USBC RSS port on Gimbal.  (Camera record and stop function works fine)

Then I shut everything down, and that was the end of the story.  I have not been able to get it to work again after another 4 hours yesterday and about 10 hours today troubleshooting.

I have tried 2 general routes to try to get this to work:  

#1 It seems I can connect to the Gimbal with the DJI APP.  I can do all the calibrating, balance testing etc.  Works fine.  UNTIL I try to conect to Raveneye.  It gives me a warninng the app will disconnect from DJI Ronin.  Since there is no other option I click okay.  Then it searches for the Raveneye, and tries to connect.  Then I get an error "Something came up.  The application has cancelled a request to choose a device."  The only option is to click okay, then a large message in Chinese is revealed and I have no Idea what it says.  

#2 I go to my wifi settings and select the Raveneye WIFI.  The raveneye LED on the back changes from Blue to Green. Then I open the DJI App.  But the gimbal is not connected and when I select to connect, it now cannot find the gimbal.  When I click connect to Raveneye, it shows Raveneye is connected with a green check mark.  So I click on "Raveneye Camera View"  and I get a black screen.  When I try to choose any action it tells me gimbal is not conneted.  

I have powered everything off and on again multiple times and in every possible order I can think of.

NOTE:  That through all of this I still get a video signal on the LCD screen on the back of the RS2 gimbal

Here is a screenshot timeline of what I am experiencing:

WORKFLOW VERSION 1:  CONNECT TO GIMBAL FROM APP FIRST

DJI RS2 looks happily connected to the APP.  All functions with balance test, calibration etc work just fine.  

After clicking to connect to Raveneye I am warned that Raveneye will disconect from DJI Ronin.

After clicking okay it searches for a few seconds and then Raveneye appears to pop up.

After a few more moments I get an error telling me "Something came up.  The application has cancelled the request to choose a device.  

After I clock okay that message gets cleared and all I see is a message in Chinese.  

WORKFLOW VERSION 2:  Connect to Raveneye Wi-Fi first before opening Ronin app

Conncted to Raveneye with Wi-Fi

Connected Wi-Fi to Raveneye

Connected Wi-Fi to Raveneye

RS 2 is Not Connected

RS 2 Is Not Connected

RS 2 Is Not Connected

After trying to connect to RS 2 no device come up in the device list

RS2 does not show up on device list when trying to connect

RS2 does not show up on device list when trying to connect

Raveneye shows as connected with Green Check mark

Raveney shows as connected with Green Check

Raveney shows as connected with Green Check

After clicking "Raveneye Camera View" the screen is black and any option I click on tells me "Gimbal Not Connected"

Gimbal not connected in Raveneye Camera View

Gimbal not connected in Raveneye Camera View

If I go to RavenEye view on back of gimbal it does show a video feed.

Video feed appears to wtill work on gimbal LCD screen

Video feed appears to wtill work on gimbal LCD screen

Thanks in advance for any help in helping me resolve this issue!

2022-2-24
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128343 ft
United States

Some reason the original workflow #1 photos did not appear.  Here they are:  
[img][/img]

2022-2-24
Use props
Indio
Second Officer