DJI Mini SE firmware update failed
13597 20 2022-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ants77
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

I am new to DJI drones. I have been able to connect to DJI RC and Drones no problems. Then it prompted to do a firmware update. I have attempted at 4 times, not only it progresses extremely slowly, it will normally run up to 50% - 70% before it fails. When it fails, there is no way to switch it off, and lights will be blinking red. The only way of swithing off is to take battery out, wait for sometime (as it will complain that processer is overheating if you restart straightway).

I believe the firmware that it is trying to update is 1.02.0000. It downloads okay but will stuck in installation to around halfway. Can anyone help?

I've also trying to download DJI assistant, however, the app wont detect the drone at all.

2022-2-24
Use props
ants77
lvl.1

Australia

p.s.  the drone will be very hot to touch during the process
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more during the update process.  If there is an SD card in the drone, please remove the SD card and try again. If it's possible, please replace the mobile device to have a try, such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2022-2-24
Use props
ants77
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 23:14
Hi there, please make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more during the update process.  If there is an SD card in the drone, please remove the SD card and try again. If it's possible, please replace the mobile device to have a try, such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
Thanks, but I have tried all above because I have searched the forum for answers. Battery is 100%, restarted many times and tried different devices. I only have Apple devices though.
2022-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ants77 Posted at 2-25 00:40
Thanks, but I have tried all above because I have searched the forum for answers. Battery is 100%, restarted many times and tried different devices. I only have Apple devices though.

If this case, please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 via https://www.dji.com/mini-se/downloads. And then follow the steps below to upgrade the firmware:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

c. Then connect the unit to the PC and update the firmware version.
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_NIC3jQMV6XgG
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 01:42
If this case, please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 via https://www.dji.com/mini-se/downloads. And then follow the steps below to upgrade the firmware:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

I have the same issue. DJI assistant2 only contain one menu for mini se: log export. Can’t see firmware.
Any one figures out how to solve?
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_NIC3jQMV6XgG Posted at 3-5 23:18
I have the same issue. DJI assistant2 only contain one menu for mini se: log export. Can’t see firmware.
Any one figures out how to solve?

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Please try to follow the troubleshooting method on the #1 post. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-3-6
Use props
ants77
lvl.1

Australia

It's odd, I have shut it down, and it worked on the second day. I think it maybe due to the weather? The second day was a lot cooler and the update worked fine.
2022-3-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ants77 Posted at 3-6 15:06
It's odd, I have shut it down, and it worked on the second day. I think it maybe due to the weather? The second day was a lot cooler and the update worked fine.

Thanks for your reply. May we double confirm that you have upgraded the latest firmware successfully? If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_NIC3jQMV6XgG
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-6 00:43
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Please try to follow the troubleshooting method on the #1 post. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,
Changing the "defaultsetttings.ini" from 0 to 1 can update mini se aircraft firmware by the DJI assistant 2 app.
The only issue is that sometimes the app can't recognize the aircraft after the setting is modified.
2022-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_NIC3jQMV6XgG Posted at 3-11 15:27
Hi,
Changing the "defaultsetttings.ini" from 0 to 1 can update mini se aircraft firmware by the DJI assistant 2 app.
The only issue is that sometimes the app can't recognize the aircraft after the setting is modified.

Good to know that you successfully upgraded the firmware. May I ask what setting did you change to cause this problem? Could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation?
2022-3-11
Use props
rferdous
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 01:42

This solution helped me. I wasn't able to install the update from the Fly app. And the assistant app doesn't have the firmware menu. But following the instructions in this comment, I was able to add the firmware menu to the assistant app, and was able to update from there.

Initially, the assistant app couldn't connect to the drone. So here's what I did to get it to work:
1. Allow the assistant app on windows firewall
2. Run assistant app as administrator
3. With the app running turn on the drone
4. Connect the drone to the computer as soon as the drone powers on (within 2-3 seconds of the propellers twitching)
5. Don't connect via any USB hubs. Connect directly to a port on the computer (it didn't work for me when I connected to a USB hub)
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rferdous Posted at 4-4 06:09
This solution helped me. I wasn't able to install the update from the Fly app. And the assistant app doesn't have the firmware menu. But following the instructions in this comment, I was able to add the firmware menu to the assistant app, and was able to update from there.

Initially, the assistant app couldn't connect to the drone. So here's what I did to get it to work:

Glad to know it helps. Thank you for sharing your experience here. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-4-6
Use props
TDargan
New
United States

Hi - I'm having this issue too. Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved? I only have a mac and iphone, with no access to a windows machine.

2022-4-22
Use props
TDargan
New
United States

... I can update the ini file, but the DJI assistant2 doesn't respond when I connect it to the drone. Nothing happens.
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TDargan Posted at 4-22 09:17
... I can update the ini file, but the DJI assistant2 doesn't respond when I connect it to the drone. Nothing happens.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please restart the DJI Assistant2 and drone to try all the steps again?
2022-4-22
Use props
fans0f505cc7
New
Finland

awfwafawfwfa
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. May we know is there anything we can help with?
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_I846zRtH5upM
New
United States

Hello all,

I was able to update to the latest firmware by placing a fan in front of the drone. At first it failed but then I turned the fan on max speed and the update went through with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Peace and love,
-Trevor
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_UIkZkkTudA0x
New
Flight distance : 7415 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-2-24 23:14

boa tarde, estou com um problema no meu drone em atualização, ele nao conecta no controle, e quando vou atualizar ele, ele da um erro de 0xf2 ou um erro de baterial pedindo para tirar e colocar novamente, MINI SE. E as atualizações estou fazendo pelo DJI ASSISTEN.
2023-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UIkZkkTudA0x Posted at 1-19 12:38
boa tarde, estou com um problema no meu drone em atualização, ele nao conecta no controle, e quando vou atualizar ele, ele da um erro de 0xf2 ou um erro de baterial pedindo para tirar e colocar novamente, MINI SE. E as atualizações estou fazendo pelo DJI ASSISTEN.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue has been solved? If not, please follow the message and restart the drone and update again to see if it works.
2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules