Firmwareupdate Air 2S fails
3784 4 2022-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cydo
New

Germany

Firmware update for a just bought brandnew DJI Air 2S with remote control and iPhone 11: Stopped always at 67%. Then I tried with DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) / Windows and USB cable. Update for remote control works. Update for drone DJI Air 2S loads, transmits and hangs with "updating" at 84%. Drone restarts at 68% and several times (4x oder more) at 84%. Fails always at this point, 84%. Tried switching off everything, restarting. What can I try further?
2022-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

See the thread I posted here.  I have never had an issue updating firmware on any of my DJI drones until this update for the Air 2.  I also noticed on another forum that others are having issues with updating both Air 2 and Air 2S.  One individual said he was able to uninstall Fly App v1.5.10 and install v1.5.8 and then the firmware updated.  

I worked with DJI Support and they tried many things but it failed each time so they said I had to send it in for diagnostics.  It's on the way in now.

Hope you have better luck getting the update issue resolved.

2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_exaaAGmBKsMq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 885341 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-25 12:35
See the thread I posted here.  I have never had an issue updating firmware on any of my DJI drones until this update for the Air 2.  I also noticed on another forum that others are having issues with updating both Air 2 and Air 2S.  One individual said he was able to uninstall Fly App v1.5.10 and install v1.5.8 and then the firmware updated.  

I worked with DJI Support and they tried many things but it failed each time so they said I had to send it in for diagnostics.  It's on the way in now.

I am having similar issues with this most recent update. Did DJI ever advise you of what the issue was with the update that was causing this to occur? Did they offer any solutions. I am having issues with update 4.2150. I keep having the drone restart at 84% when using the Assistant 2 App and at 95% when trying to update via the DJI Fly App.
2022-4-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_exaaAGmBKsMq Posted at 4-2 08:07
I am having similar issues with this most recent update. Did DJI ever advise you of what the issue was with the update that was causing this to occur? Did they offer any solutions. I am having issues with update 4.2150. I keep having the drone restart at 84% when using the Assistant 2 App and at 95% when trying to update via the DJI Fly App.

DJI support never advised what the issue was.  They said send it in so I did and got a brand new unit back within 5 days.  
2022-4-3
Use props
Omnitonic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24039 ft

United States

I just tried for an hour to send an email to DJI support after my drone got bricked by the latest update. "Our online support is down. Please send an email from this form. This form leads to online support. Our online support is down."

I hate DJI. I wish I had never bought a DJI product.
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules