FPV Antenna Upgade
506 1 2022-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flylew
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys, just picked up my FPV setup with the stock antennas, this is the FPV package, not the air unit builds.

Previosly had the v1 goggles with air unit on a 5" and stuck some antenna upgrades on them (sold), but decided to get the fpv setup recently.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice ,good links to recommended upgrades to get a bit better range / signal on the goggles?

Saw some True RC patch 5.8 i think they where, but can only really find info relevent for the air unit style builds not the FPV package itself. Does it make a difference?

In FCC mode so does anyone know if i need the 2.4 or 5.8? I thought it was the latter but not sure

Any advise welcome
thanks guys

2022-2-26
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

If you are using the dji fpv drone i think there aren't any significant gains over the default antennas you get in the package.
I could be wrong but i have done some research a while ago and decided not to upgrade  yet...

The DJI goggles V2 combines 2.4 and 5.8 when flying the FPV drone to get the best signal in most situations.
I'm not sure if there are aftermarket antennas on the market at the moment that also combines the 2 frequencies, but the stock antennas do.

If you want to combine your goggles with a different drone on a single frequency i'm sure there are better antennas, but i don't have any input on that.

2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules