Image freeze while filming with S22 Ultra
4723 23 2022-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1580627 ft
Netherlands

So I got a  new phone, a Samsung S22 Ultra.
Now every time when I'm trying to start filming, the image freezes until I stop filming. So I can fly without filming and can take photos. Probably the Exynos processor....
2022-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could well be the Exynos processor as I don't have that issue on mine but it has a Snapdragon processor.  Try going into camera settings on the S22 and deselect pro mode and see if that will help.  
2022-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Please download the latest version of DJI Fly from our official website to check if the problem persists. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_VcLAKALUl8qR
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have reported the same issue, seems to be anything over 1080p that the freeze happens. I have checked firmware and apps to ensure I'm updated fully.
2022-2-28
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-27 12:42
Could well be the Exynos processor as I don't have that issue on mine but it has a Snapdragon processor.  Try going into camera settings on the S22 and deselect pro mode and see if that will help.

I cannot find any settings like that in the S22.
I'm going to contact DJI support for this problem.
2022-2-28
Use props
Frrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42382 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like this is due to Samsung's exynos beta chipset. Same issues here.
2022-2-28
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

The max setting is 24fps @4K here with all software and firmware up-to-date. I've got the S22 Ultra with 256GB and 12 gig ram.
2022-2-28
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

Are you sure you have the up to date app version? Should now show version v1.5.10(1070-official) in the app 'Settings', scroll to bottom left.

This sounds very much like the problem there was with Android 12. That was fixed a few versions of DJO FLY ago. I have an S21 Ultra and it runs without issue on Android 12.

Make sure you have the latest DJI FLY app installed from the DJI website. Google Play Store won't do it....

C
2022-2-28
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

Corsairoz Posted at 2-28 07:53
Are you sure you have the up to date app version? Should now show version v1.5.10(1070-official) in the app 'Settings', scroll to bottom left.

This sounds very much like the problem there was with Android 12. That was fixed a few versions of DJO FLY ago. I have an S21 Ultra and it runs without issue on Android 12.

That's correct, the same software version. Also the firmware of the drone and batteries are up-to-date. Also updated the S22 to the latest version. I can try to reinstall the DJI Fly app, just to be sure.
2022-2-28
Use props
Dimitris-GR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here. Almost lost my drone on Sunday. Didn't realise it was a video glitch and panicked and flew it back kinda guessing my location lol. I know I could of pressed RTH but didn't come to my mind at the time. Hope they update it soon and yes I do have the latest version everything is up to date. S22 Ultra exynos variant.
2022-2-28
Use props
Charlestown
New

United Kingdom

I also have this issue on my UK-model S22 Ultra 8GB (Exynos 2200 processor). I can fly without recording and live feed works fine, but as soon as I start recording a video the feed hangs (no black screen, just stays on whatever it was before), then as soon as I stop recording it comes back again. This issue only happens when I have an SD card inserted, the live feed works fine when there is no SD card present.

Things I have tried (without success):
- Swapping SD cards
- Lowering FPS
- Disabling video cache
- Clearing all DJI Fly caches
- Reinstalling DJI Fly app (latest version, 1.5.10)
- Relinking controller/drone

Further to the above, the firmware for drone/controller/batteries is all up to date.
2022-3-6
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

Charlestown Posted at 3-6 07:45
I also have this issue on my UK-model S22 Ultra 8GB (Exynos 2200 processor). I can fly without recording and live feed works fine, but as soon as I start recording a video the feed hangs (no black screen, just stays on whatever it was before), then as soon as I stop recording it comes back again. This issue only happens when I have an SD card inserted, the live feed works fine when there is no SD card present.

Things I have tried (without success):

I have flown en recorded today with 4K 24fps.
This is the max what is possible for me.
Hope they will fix this soon, it has to be software related.
2022-3-6
Use props
Moog82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225489 ft
United Kingdom

fans2521bc33 Posted at 3-6 11:44

Same issue here with my S22 Ultra Exynos model - Video freezes when pressing the record button when capturing in 4K 25fps and 4K 30fps modes.

4K 24fps capture mode does not show this issue.

Hopefully a quick fix, DJI?
2022-3-12
Use props
Kpax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18344951 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I confirm, however, with the Air2s no problem
2022-3-13
Use props
MarcoDJIMini2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236211 ft
Netherlands

Same here and i read in other post that DJI recommends to use a supported phone and the Glaxy S22's arent on that list.  What kind of response is that? Also to use an other backup phone, like all of us have one laying around? DJI get your act together and speed up the new phone implementation en testing progress. And communicate in a pro active way so people don't have to find out as individuals.
2022-3-14
Use props
djiuser_a9pwEBQuHIXB
New
Flight distance : 413661 ft
Brazil

You can make a simple test. Removing your SD card, verify if issue continue. Your SD has need supported to 4K record. If you are using a SD card without 4K record support, your drone is buffering transcodification inside it. This could be root your problem.
2022-3-16
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

Well, when I use my old phone it works flawlessly. As it always did. No issues what so ever. Also the SD card is one of the fastest Sandisk Ultra extreme hyper super lightning speed. It's so fast that it's already writing before I'm even started to film
And then I switch back to the S22 Ultra and it doesn't work anymore.
2022-3-16
Use props
djiuser_lBYauxKTD1V9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 907139 ft
United Kingdom

fans2521bc33 Posted at 3-6 11:44

Same here. Not what i expected ...  or wanted.
Hope Dji get their collective fingers out soon.
2022-4-7
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

Maybe it's a marketing scam. A good reason to upgrade to the Mini 3... build-in screen?
2022-4-7
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi, just did some testing of Samsung S22 Ultra Exynos (EU) and posted following observations as well:

Today I've tested Samsung S22 Ultra Exynos (EU) version with DJI Mini 2 and Mavic 3 both with NC-1 remote with following results:

DJI Mini 2 - Live view freezing on the phone during 4K resolution video recording, live view picture recovered directly after stop recording. In other resolutions like 2,7K and 1080p no issue at all.

DJI Mavic 3 - Live view freezing during automated POI, tracking objects etc. and picture unfreeze after 20-40 seconds

Also tested with Lenovo Android 10 tablet and no one of above issues present and all was working, therefore it's clear incompatibility with Samsung S22 Ultra Exynos chipset.

Please fix it asap as this is one of the flagship phones on the market.

All used devices were with latest available and updated software's & firmwares.

Thank you.
2022-4-21
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

@Fans2521bc33
Why would it be a "marketing *scam*" when DJI specifically states that this phone is NOT compatible?!
So use it at "your own risk" - it can work, but it doesn't have to...
YES, I also think it's a pity that it's like this - thanks to everyone who reports the problem here! Then I can pay attention to which CPU is installed when purchasing this model... Or just buy a different brand/model.
2022-4-21
Use props
djiuser_DmCCHv67qeqW
New

Georgia

ozoffi Posted at 4-21 22:22
@Fans2521bc33
Why would it be a "marketing *scam*" when DJI specifically states that this phone is NOT compatible?!
So use it at "your own risk" - it can work, but it doesn't have to...

this shouldn't be the reason to change your phone.
2022-4-23
Use props
gratomlin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have found this issue but also found another glitch, I'm new to drones and like the quickshots, especially the circle, i tried to record a circle in 4k with my S22 exynos and within 1 second it stops and says "subject lost", i found that reducing the resolution to 2.7k allows me to use circle, even using the same size box over the subject, very frustrating, all updates have been done and Fly app uninstalled and re-installed
2022-5-13
Use props
fans2521bc33
lvl.1
Netherlands

So... It works... Shooting at 4K 30fps.
Great!
2022-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now