Suggested Improvements for the Ronin 4D
5402 65 2022-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CASCARLOS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

The joystick in the left hand it's just a ornament, without settings of speed, smooth and expo quality shots cannot be made
2022-11-9
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

CASCARLOS Posted at 11-9 06:26
The joystick in the left hand it's just a ornament, without settings of speed, smooth and expo quality shots cannot be made

You absolutely can set the speed of the joystick, it's in the settings.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_X8tAAyutDCXB
New

United States

Please make ProRes raw available for dji ronin 4d!
2022-11-28
Use props
fans47881110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230190 ft
Austria

From an DoP‘s view:
-pls allow us to have waveform AND false color at the same time.
-16:9 100fps would make way more people use it.
-please give us more autofocus adjustments like on sony cameras. Also the focus is pumping sometimes when an object in the foreground comes into frame.

from an 1st AC point of view:
-the focus knob can not be reversed. This is probably the strangest issue as the industry standard focusing direction is the exact opposite of what it is on the Ronin4D.
-in „Broadcast Mode“ the focus scale of the lens can just be displayed in feet, which is extremely misleading. In Control Mode the lens Readings transmit in meters.
-focus peaking and exposure tools should be treated differently when in control mode as the 1st AC wants to see the peaking while the DoP might want to check Exposure.
-it would be perfect for a focus puller if we could have some sort of adjustable electronic „friction“ for the focusing knob.
2023-1-19
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

fans47881110 Posted at 1-19 02:18
From an DoP‘s view:
-pls allow us to have waveform AND false color at the same time.
-16:9 100fps would make way more people use it.

I agree with many of the improvements you suggested.

In the meantime, there's one (maybe two) that you can already fix right now:

-I'm pretty sure that the latest firmware update lets you reverse the direction on the focus wheel. (That's at least what I remembered reading, I haven't tried it yet.)

-In terms of selecting units (feet/meters), I believe that you need to change the units on the camera and the remote monitor independently. I'll have to check, but I seem to remember that.
2023-1-19
Use props
fans47881110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230190 ft
Austria

Ford4D Posted at 1-19 08:33
I agree with many of the improvements you suggested.

In the meantime, there's one (maybe two) that you can already fix right now:

Thanks, but unfortunately both things wont work. As funny as it is, we can only swap direction on the zoom function.

As for broadcast mode, the feet readings will stay no matter if the scale is set to meters or feet.
2023-1-26
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Make it possible to use motor zoom lenses like the Sony E PZ  18-105 F4GOSS - and by that I mean to control the zoom by means of the "focus wheel". It's already implemented to use the focus wheel for zoom using the focus motor as a zoom motor on manual lenses, but please add the possibility to use motor lenses out of the box without the need of additional accessories.

Thx!
2023-2-3
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Make it possible to chose what the "Tilt slider" (top handle rocker) controls. Today it's just for tilting the gimbal, but it could be used for other functions like a zoom control which I find useful. Let the user decide.

Thx!
2023-2-3
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Make it possible to set INDIVIDUAL gain on audio inputs when using the same external input for both channels. As it is today if you use "CH1 Source as 3.5mm Mic L" and the same for CH2 (Mic L), the gain controls are ganged. So when you adjust one of them you control both of them...

If you want to do a "safe recording" in a noisy and unpredictable outdoor environment, it would be great to route the mic input (L) to both CH1 and CH2 with different gains. Then you can chose the best audio track in post and avoid distortion or noise.

Thx!
2023-2-3
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

Peter Berglund Posted at 2-3 02:23
Make it possible to set INDIVIDUAL gain on audio inputs when using the same external input for both channels. As it is today if you use "CH1 Source as 3.5mm Mic L" and the same for CH2 (Mic L), the gain controls are ganged. So when you adjust one of them you control both of them...

If you want to do a "safe recording" in a noisy and unpredictable outdoor environment, it would be great to route the mic input (L) to both CH1 and CH2 with different gains. Then you can chose the best audio track in post and avoid distortion or noise.

You can 100% change the gain on the audio channels individually. You click the little lock (or whatever icon it is) and then they unlink from each other.
2023-2-4
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Ford4D Posted at 2-4 11:17
You can 100% change the gain on the audio channels individually. You click the little lock (or whatever icon it is) and then they unlink from each other.

No you can NOT. It doesn't matter if that "lock" is locked or unlocked if you select the SAME input. That's why I made this proposal.

Thx!
2023-2-6
Use props
JJP-ECP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1305886 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

100 fps in full 4k please!! Not 2.39:1, not Super 35, full UHD. Very bizarre that it's not offered and very disappointing from this level of camera.
If we're shooting 25fps in Full Frame to have to use another motion stabilised camera for 100fps 4K is ridiculous. Surely Full frame 4K 100fps is possible on the 4D sensor?!
It's the main reason this camera stays in it's case and we use an FX3 on a gimbal (what we wanted to come away from when we bought the 4D), it isn't usable as a standalone unit.
2023-3-8
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

Peter Berglund Posted at 2-6 04:36
No you can NOT. It doesn't matter if that "lock" is locked or unlocked if you select the SAME input. That's why I made this proposal.

Thx!

I misunderstood what you wanted. However, your solution can be accomplished easily by using the right cables/adapters.

I made something similar once years ago. I had a single input that I duplicated with a splitter. Then I fed it into a mono breakout to stereo cable. So you're getting an analog copy of the same mono audio on both left and right channels before it even hits the digital domain.

There are MANY different ways you can do this with audio cables and adapters. I'm uploading one possible combination. Just make sure whenever you're dealing with a male 3.5mm jack to pay attention to whether it's a stereo, mono, or stereo + mic version (you can tell by the number of rings).

2023-3-10
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

Peter Berglund Posted at 2-3 01:34
Make it possible to use motor zoom lenses like the Sony E PZ  18-105 F4GOSS - and by that I mean to control the zoom by means of the "focus wheel". It's already implemented to use the focus wheel for zoom using the focus motor as a zoom motor on manual lenses, but please add the possibility to use motor lenses out of the box without the need of additional accessories.

Thx!

THANKS DJI!

With the new update of Ronin 4D and the E-mount, my Sony 18-105 zoom lens works perfect! And now with PZ from Ronin! Great!
2023-3-14
Use props
The4DGuru
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Allow to change the side of the Lidar/focus on the Monitor, at this stage the  monitor its fixed to the right side.

Change the size of the histogram and move it, only limited to two sizes, also be able to change its transparency.

Add a module for time code.

2023-3-15
Use props
The4DGuru
lvl.2
United Kingdom

be able to change the direction of the focus wheel
2023-3-15
Use props
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

Now that the flex permit to have control on heavy lenses, I'm tented to put it on an RS3 pro with the main body in a backpack.
It would more than amazing if the 4D could take over the controls of the RS3 and have it working as the X9 gimbal.

This might sound over kill, but I saw similar setups for the Venice and it makes easy movement with heavy lenses possible
2023-3-15
Use props
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

Also, I really would like to see the extension plate coming out. But instead of a 3G SDI, I would pay more to get a 12G SDI
2023-3-16
Use props
JustFloating
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19491 ft
  • >>>
Senegal

32bit-float audio recording!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I read in the latest CineD article that the XLR expansion plate is supposed to come out in May 2023.
https://www.cined.com/dji-ronin-4d-flex-tether-system-announced-and-prores-raw-comes-back-optionally/
I have a feature request when it comes to that. It would be the greatest thing ever when this would also enable 32bit-float audio recording directly in camera.
Maybe in a separate .wav file which can be synced in post, because I´m not sure if 32bit audio embedded in video file is a thing yet or even supported by editing software.

This you be amazing and elevate the system above the rest

P.S.: a low profile mounting solution for shotgun mics would be also welcome ;)
2023-4-7
Use props
keveneagmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175817 ft
  • >>>
France

Hey !
Will be Amazing if they add s-bus port !
2023-10-3
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Greece

make virtual joystick in hibright monitor. sometimes i don't need put handles from ronin to monitor.
2023-10-3
Use props
Jeremy Duncan
lvl.1
Canada

Just received the 4D, and after testing, these are the two biggest issues I have.

1. Lack of 16:9 output. We want to use the Ronin in a live production environment, and proper 16:9 would make integrating the 3D MUCH easier.
2. With the weight limitations on lenses, being able to quickly move from full-frame to Super 35 mode with a custom button would open a lot of options.

Thanks
2023-10-23
Use props
Deltaxel
lvl.2
Czechia

I've been using the device for a few months now. There are only two features I'd like to see.

1: Open gate.
I believe it would have to be 6k but a 4k version would be welcome too.
Hopefully up to 30 fps.
And if ProRes 422 was available (not just raw), it would be perfect.
This would help a lot with providing my customers with both vertical and horizontal results and reduce my distance to subject.

2: Separate focus stickiness from focus speed
When focus is set to medium or slow, it doesn't jump from one person to the other. Which is wanted.
But then you get out of focus regularly if you or your subject moves a lot.
Since I'm recording mostly subjects with an audience in the background, I cannot have the focus jump regularly (so smart focus is nearly unusable).
But wide focus on medium speed leaves me out of focus regularly, even if I take manual control of the focus when it happens.

Regardless, I'm really enjoy the camera and I'm extremely happy with the result.
1-19 13:18
Use props
Ruggerview
lvl.2
Flight distance : 792028 ft
United Kingdom

Ability to dial in a frame rate rather than go in jumps. For a pro camera you need more control. Why can't I dial in 27fps, just to take the realtime edge off. At the moment we have 30fps then a huge jump to 48fps. Crazy!
1-23 04:12
Use props
Ruggerview
lvl.2
Flight distance : 792028 ft
United Kingdom

Fix the the remote control of Zoom over the Highbright monitor with handles attached. Can't control the zoom of a lens. BIG problem for long time.... Will there ever be an update to address all these issues.
1-23 04:14
Use props
djiuser_XeB6ZKdDcYDk
New

United States

Pleas add grid lines like 3rds
4-24 18:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules