Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin 4d hissing sound on play back
3770 14 2022-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541949 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please help

I’ve got an issue with the audio recording on the ronin 4d

I’m using the Prossd & tried using a rode boom microphone & the standard built in microphone

All I get is the audio but with a hissing interference louder than the audio, I’ve tried it with two different microphones, reduced the db level to 0 but still get the loud hissing

I’ve also changed the recording format but remains the same,  editing on windows 10 pc using Filmora pro

I’ve tried my other cameras and have no issue with sound, tomorrow I’m going to be trialing a different ssd (Sandisk)

Has anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas how to resolve it?
Thanks in advance for any help
2022-2-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. The built-in microphone is mainly used for recording and synchronization of video and audio during post-production. If you have higher requirements for audio recording, we recommend you use professional audio equipment and connect it to DJI Ronin 4D.

Alternatively, please try the following steps to reduce the noise during recording with the built-in microphone:

1. Tap "Audio Level" in the bottom-left corner of the High-Bright Main Monitor and adjust the channel gain appropriately.

2. Go to Home > System > - Fan Mode > Low Noise or Rec Low.
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-28 17:32
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. The built-in microphone is mainly used for recording and synchronization of video and audio during post-production. If you have higher requirements for audio recording, we recommend you use professional audio equipment and connect it to DJI Ronin 4D.

I’ve turned the db meter down to -20 & used a boom microphone & put fan noise on low
the white noise has reduced but is still audible but at the same time it’s difficult to hear the audio I wanted to record

What do you suggest doing now?
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y Posted at 3-1 00:22
I’ve turned the db meter down to -20 & used a boom microphone & put fan noise on low
the white noise has reduced but is still audible but at the same time it’s difficult to hear the audio I wanted to record

Hi, there. Could you please tell me the model of the microphone you're using? Besides, if it is convenient, please give us the original file to do a confirmation. You could upload it to the Google Drive/ Dropbox. Thanks.
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m using a rode go video mic & also tried comica boom x-u
These including the built in microphones provide severe white noise

Even when the db is turned down you can still hear it also if you turn it down too much you can barely hear what you are trying to record

Can you tell me where the Dropbox/Google drive etc is or I can we transfer it or put in a link for OneDrive?
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-1 03:24
Hi, there. Could you please tell me the model of the microphone you're using? Besides, if it is convenient, please give us the original file to do a confirmation. You could upload it to the Google Drive/ Dropbox. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RwB0rzoMmNWks8AGGhmqG43WH7OSqMx9
2022-3-1
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y Posted at 3-1 04:55
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RwB0rzoMmNWks8AGGhmqG43WH7OSqMx9

I tried this and have a different experience.  The built-in mics are noisy, too noisy but sound is louder than the noise. If i connect an external mic almost all noise disappears. Im left with some very slight hiss at 0dB gain. I assume you did choose external mic L etc  and not line level in L in the menu system .
2022-3-8
Use props
SamLea
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-28 17:32

Hello DJI, We just got our DJI Ronin 4D last week.
I am hearing this springing sound whenever I activate this Z-Axis.

I turned off the internal mic and attached a small boom mic and it lessens that spring noise a little but it does not really solve the issue.
any thoughts?
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SamLea Posted at 4-6 09:09
Hello DJI, We just got our DJI Ronin 4D last week.
I am hearing this springing sound whenever I activate this Z-Axis.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have a video to hear the sound? Would you please also send us the SN? We will check and forward it to our designated teams for help. Thanks!
2022-4-7
Use props
Holla_DC
lvl.1

United States

I'm actually having the same problem. I've noticed that the problem only occurs when the gimbal is actually in the 4d mode when the z-axis is activated. It's a huge dry air static type of sound. I can't figure out a solution for it.
2022-5-6
Use props
Sergio Sanchez Suarez
lvl.1

Mexico

djiuser_WMGTThLIXY9Y Posted at 3-1 00:22
I’ve turned the db meter down to -20 & used a boom microphone & put fan noise on low

I have that problema when the mic is mounted on cera, I think it's getting the sound from the gimbal motors.
What I did was conecting the Boom to a wireless transmitter and the sound is ok
2022-5-10
Use props
fans10ff8054
lvl.1
Flight distance : 784970 ft
United States

Do you have to have headphones to hear audio in playback with the ronin 4d? I also have the DJI mic and after recording I can’t hear audio during playback so do you have to have headphones?
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_vkz5YKJU5I0f
New
Canada

Hi, I seem to have the same problem as you, has your problem been solved? Did dji explain the problem?
2022-10-3
Use props
ShaneYegs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912507 ft
United States

Can confirm, the mini jack has issues. Even TC was acting up.

DJI please fix our cams. I believe it's a board issue.

COntrol of left and right audio bugs out and fails or creates drops.

Another unit didn't have issues with same equipment.

Thanks.
2022-10-5
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

Holla_DC Posted at 5-6 23:10
I'm actually having the same problem. I've noticed that the problem only occurs when the gimbal is actually in the 4d mode when the z-axis is activated. It's a huge dry air static type of sound. I can't figure out a solution for it.

Thats the sound of the gimbal motors the solution is placing the boom wirelessly on another part of the room. If youre using the remote monitor anthennas  you have to place the lavalier wireless receiver 30cm away or change the radio frequence on the menu to reduce signal noise picked up by the cables.

Or you can bring a sound guy to the shoot. And record audio separately.
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules