RS2 Remote Focus Control
1757 0 2022-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RWSD
lvl.1
United States

Hi Guys,

I have my DJI RS2 set up with my Blackmagic Pocket 6k Pro and am seeking help with setting up remote focus control, for when I have someone pulling focus for me while I focus on framing the shot.  I don't want to do this from within the app, but would like some sort of FIZ/knob control.  

I have the Pro kit, with the Raveneye and DJI focus motor.  I also have a Tilta Nucleus M system with two motors that I've used with my shoulder rig only thus far.   I could mount the Nucleus M motor, but it is larger and might not balance as well.  Plus, it will be heavier.  Of course, this would let me use the nice handheld FIZ unit.

I would like to use the DJI focus motor, which works well with the dial on the gimbal handle, but for complex movement it becomes too much to focus on framing the shot and also keeping good focus.  What are my options for remote control of the DJI RS2 focus motor?  I would love to use my Tilta Nucleus M FIZ unit (or one of the handles attached to a rod and phone mount for monitoring via Raveneye)  with the DJI motor, but I don't think this is possible.

Thanks!

2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules