How to calibrate gimbal P2V+
608 6 2022-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Hello there, My P2V+ gimbal horizon is crooked by a few degrees and I made sure the horizon indicator is aligned with the camera. There is no setting in the vision app and no setting in the assistant software. How do I calibrate the darn thing?
2022-3-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hello - There is no conventional way to calibrate it.  However, there may be a set screw that can be loosened and tightened to make the camera horizontal.  I believe you have to at least partially disassemble the gimbal.  I've never done this myself, but I"ve heard of it.   I would search youtube.  Good luck.  
2022-3-1
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-1 15:06
Hello - There is no conventional way to calibrate it.  However, there may be a set screw that can be loosened and tightened to make the camera horizontal.  I believe you have to at least partially disassemble the gimbal.  I've never done this myself, but I"ve heard of it.   I would search youtube.  Good luck.

Unfortunately, no videos that I can find are related to gimbal calibration. Does anyone know if an imu calibration will work? That is all the info I can find for calibration.
2022-3-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

An IMU calibration of your P2V+ won't straighten out the gimbal.

There's no such thing as a gimbal calibration on a P2V+ so searching for a gimbal calibration on a P2V+ won't give you anything useful.  

Here are some vids that may be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dji+phantom+2+vision%2B+repair+horizontal+gimbal

Good luck
2022-3-2
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-2 04:07
An IMU calibration of your P2V+ won't straighten out the gimbal.

There's no such thing as a gimbal calibration on a P2V+ so searching for a gimbal calibration on a P2V+ won't give you anything useful.  

By the looks of it, I may just offset the horizon indicator by a little bit. That should work.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. With regards to this, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support by sending them an email for further assistance with your Phantom 2 Vision +. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules