S1000 flight test without a camera
617 1 2022-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickat
New

Germany

Hi there,

I am about to buy a used DJI S1000 with ZENMUSE Z15 GH 4 gimbal. I asked the owner to do a short test flight (short take off and land, no more) when I will be picking it up. But the owner says that without a camera in the gimbal, the gimbal could break. That looks suspicious to me.

Is it somehow possible to do a test flight with the DJI S1000 without a camera? Only take off for a short time and land, nothing more.

Regards
nickat

2022-3-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
"without a camera in the gimbal, the gimbal could break" Maybe not break but its not good. The center of gravity will be wrong without camera, this can cause brushless overheat.
"Is it somehow possible to do a test flight with the DJI S1000 without a camera? " Simply disconnect the gimbal power supply.

For S1000 you can check how are the plastic part between arm and frame. Also think about the batteries and the charger. Replacing batteries can quickly increase the bill. In addition to a take-off and landing, make sure you have flight time. I have some batteries that are not even able to provide 5 minutes of flight. They are looking like brand new !
2022-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules