469 7 2022-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

After having the Mavic 3 for a week here is a list of things I'd like to see from future firmware updates.

• RC Pro Button Customization, inlcuding the right dial.  I feel like i could customize my Mavic 2 Pro RC with more options.
  • Ability to add 3rd party apps like Pix4d, droneploy and other 3d mapping apps
  • Explorer View Raw image format (DNG)
  • Waypoints
  • Option to limit explorer camera to Optical Zoom only
  • Bottom Light strobe setting.  Useful to follow the drone during night flights
  • Embed a wide angle lens profile when attached.  The drone already knows when the wide angle lens is attached.  Also embed the wide angle lens info to the metadata.
  • Allow the RC Pro to connect to an iPhone, iPad or other tablet for when a bigger screen is needed.
  • Recilinear Wide Angle lens.  The current wide angle lens has a fisheye.  The rectilinear lens would give nice straight lines.

Im sure this lens will continue to grow the more I use it.

2022-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some good suggestions, not sure why you would like to cut off the other zooms just to have the optical, you already have them. Also the Ulanzi wide angle lens and anamorphic have almost no fisheye and the dji one is very easy fixed in post. Strobe would be excellent “would it use much battery?
2022-3-1
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 12:59
Some good suggestions, not sure why you would like to cut off the other zooms just to have the optical, you already have them. Also the Ulanzi wide angle lens and anamorphic have almost no fisheye and the dji one is very easy fixed in post. Strobe would be excellent “would it use much battery?

I don't ever use digital zoom because of becuase of the quality degridation.  Being able to switch them off would stop me from accidentially using digital.  Would be more apt to use the explorer camera if i could switch digital zoom off and had raw output.  
2022-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 3-1 13:09
Quality degrades when you start using digital zoom.  I don't ever use digital zoom because of that.  Being able to switch them off woul dstop me from accidentially using digital.  Would be more apt to use the explorer camera if i could switch digital zoom off and had raw output.

I fully understand that, but you can just use optical zoom 7 times, its not and never will be a zoom its just a fixed focal lens. I think improvements on this camera can still be made .
2022-3-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love for DJI to at least add the capability to use the waypoints from hyper lapse in other camera modes.  I think that others have asked for the necessary software release to support litchi, but in the short term it seems like having access to the stored waypoints would be an easy way to really enhance some other camera modes.
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DemolitionMan14. Good day and thank you for giving out these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant information will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you and keep flying.
2022-3-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Option to limit explorer camera to Optical Zoom only
Neither of the two cameras in the M3 have any optical zoom

Rectilinear Wide Angle lens.  The current wide angle lens has a fisheye.  The rectilinear lens would give nice straight lines.
The main camera already has a rectilinear wideangle lens.
It does not have "fisheye".
What makes you think it does?
Post one of your fill-size jpg flies that shows this.

2022-3-1
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-1 21:57
Option to limit explorer camera to Optical Zoom only
Neither of the two cameras in the M3 have any optical zoom

You are right about the zoom.  The article I read described it at optical “up to 7x” instead of properly describing it as optical at 1x and 7x.

As for the wide angle lens I am talking about the accessory wide angle lens (sold separately) that attaches to the front of the camera.  Not the built in camera lens.  It creates a fisheye effect when attached.  
2022-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules