Video stuttering on IPhone 13Max
1270 5 2022-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

Hi all, Anybody have a video stutter problem on their Iphone13max. Mine just started doing this and I can’t seem to figure it out. Recorded video is perfect it’s just the transmitted video that starts to lag and break up. I don’t think it’s a interference problem since it does it with full bars on the antenna connection. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
2022-3-1
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
United States

Forgot to mention that it’s Fly version 1.5.10. Phone is only three months old and I was using this combo a couple months ago with no problems. Today was my first flight with 1.5.10 and this started to occur.
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZOOF. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI Mini 2 might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-3-1
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Stephen. Did reinstall but didn’t help the problem. Has done it in multiple locations so not that. Always point the antenna correctly and has full bars when it does it. I’ll try your compass recalibrate but I doubt it’s that. Iphone13 max is supported as per your list.

Does anyone else have this issue?
2022-3-2
Use props
CarterTG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5856 ft
United States

iPhone 13 Pro Max on iOS 15.3.1
DJI Fly v1.5.10
Mini 2
Firmware fully updated
FlySafe Database updated

Took mine up for a video inspection of the roof gutters 10 minutes ago. No perceived stuttering and certainly no video signal break-up on the phone's screen. Had I remembered about this thread, I probably would've spent some more time in the air with fast maneuvers, but there was nothing I saw out of the ordinary during my session. Never made a conscious habit of pointing the remote's antenna toward my Mini 2.

If we're wildly speculating that the breakup is due to the (OccuSync?) transmission between the remote/phone and the drone, two things that come to mind is that either transmitter/receiver antennas may be borderline faulty or that something/someone nearby is interfering with the signal spectrum. To test the latter, fly the drone in another part of town. To test the former, you'll ultimately want to swap in a different device. Prior to getting my 13 Pro Max, I had been flying with the remote tethered to my iPad Pro.No stuttering on either of my devices.

I would think that if stuttering persisted after using several different devices and throughout multiple geographical locations, it might bolster suspicions that it's a OccuSync signal issue DJI techs need to look at. Lookup the process of adding a screen-recording button to the pull-down control panel of iOS. This would allow the iPhone/iPad to save a screen recording of what you're seeing for proof to the techs.
2022-3-2
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
United States

Miraculously the compass reset somehow fixed the problem. Have no idea how that would make a difference but things are back to normal. Did 3 flights and all good. Will update if the issue returns. Thanks all for the help.
2022-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules