Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-3-2
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

i think this is it. i was hopping to see 1inch sensor camera on new mini, since this is only future proof drone option to go till now, because of all regulations etc. but looks like they went with 2 cameras, as in m3 and i doubt, main one is 1 inch (it would be great, tho). probably without physical aperture etc, but ok..
2 big eyes in front does have logic, too, since they looks like a just bigger covering lenses for avoidance sensors.
2022-3-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

And here another one.

2022-3-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Anybody think we might just be gong too fast with these releases. I t reminds me of a saying that I used to use in conversations a few years ago. "If you can buy it in the shops then it is already obsolete".
2022-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 3-2 03:52
Anybody think we might just be gong too fast with these releases. I t reminds me of a saying that I used to use in conversations a few years ago. "If you can buy it in the shops then it is already obsolete".

The more expensive models tend to have a longer cycle,  like the M2P/Z had a three year life,  even though now the M3 is released DJI has stopped selling props and batteries on their store for it.
2022-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

izotop Posted at 3-2 03:35
i think this is it. i was hopping to see 1inch sensor camera on new mini, since this is only future proof drone option to go till now, because of all regulations etc. but looks like they went with 2 cameras, as in m3 and i doubt, main one is 1 inch (it would be great, tho). probably without physical aperture etc, but ok..
2 big eyes in front does have logic, too, since they looks like a just bigger covering lenses for avoidance sensors.

As long as the camera gets a good bump is quality I will be happy.
2022-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 3-2 03:48
And here another one.

https://youtu.be/vtCxIpzSqD4

Thanks for sharing MySky.
2022-3-2
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

God, please no. It looks like an ugly Pug.
2022-3-2
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Seriously??? Your still posting this YouTube rumor garbage!!!
2022-3-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NO!!!

OsitaLV stated in his twitter post that it was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
https://mobile.twitter.com/ositalv?lang=en

These influencers are like flys on poop, a slight sniff of something and they are on it, I've not even bothered to watch any because i know it to be false, i know so why couldn't they fact check and then not even bother with the video as its a waste if time, we know why, ££££ $$$$ made from you guys that watch it
Screenshot 2022-03-02 155953.png
2022-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, April is just a month away so let the rumor mill churn up on the Mini 3.  
2022-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 3-2 03:48
And here another one.

https://youtu.be/vtCxIpzSqD4

Thanks for sharing.  
2022-3-2
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Call me stupid, but this is the first Mini 3 'leak' that I was actually convinced by.

If this is a aphitoShop or Blender render job, then DJI should employ the faker as I think there are some clever design mods here. The gap in the top of the drone body is a great idea to allow the gimbal more upwards rotation to allow faster flight with stable video, for example.

The only issues I saw with the photos was that the screen printing on the camera seemed to have some strange artifacts around it that looked like a had copy/paste job, and the screen on the remote looked too flat.

As one of the YouTubers (DMP) said, though, the design is such a departure from everything else, it could well be real as fakers tend not to go so far...
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 3-2 05:46
Seriously??? Your still posting this YouTube rumor garbage!!!

Thanks for your support TP.
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs DT.
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-2 07:58
NO!!!

OsitaLV stated in his twitter post that it was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

But Ted says its real and a deliberate leak from DJI -
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 3-2 05:19
God, please no. It looks like an ugly Pug.

Really,  I thought it looked great Tuxtard.
2022-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

2022-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 01:12
But Ted says its real and a deliberate leak from DJI -

But the leak was by OsitaLV and he says it right there that its a joke, I'm just going by what he said is all
Perhaps it is real but why he says he is joking, i don't know..

If it is real, why is it a Pro, i wonder if there will be 2 or 3 versions of the Mini 3, therefore a more expensive version
2022-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 01:12
But Ted says its real and a deliberate leak from DJI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxZLN8VkVY

I like his takes on the Mini 3.  He is right that some brands do intentionally leak because it gets the market buzzing between releases, which is especially important now that DJI has a legitimate competitor in the Nano+.
2022-3-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-3 04:37
But the leak was by OsitaLV and he says it right there that its a joke, I'm just going by what he said is all

What they actually say in their tweet is "Before further confirmation, I'll regard this pic as joking." (my emphasis).

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1498623391884247041

In other words, it is their opinion that it is a jok unless they get further confirmation... not that they know it to be joke or posted it as a joke.

Time will tell, but it has the look of product packaging... the creases and reflections look pretty accurate for a glossy box...  and the chinese translates as "Remote Control Version With Screen" so not just some random stuff. If it's faked then a lot of work has gone into it...
2022-3-3
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

yogi053 Posted at 3-2 03:52

I agree with you 100%, and my question is do we need another mini ? With all expectations so many seem to have it will be direct competition to MA 2S and it will probably be more than 250 g . I think the product cycle should be at least 2,5 years . and let us all hope that DJI shape up in regards to half baked releases and tons of firmware updates where no one seem to know what was fixed. This would also secure the investment financially . Do you by a new car every 12-18 moths?
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-3 04:37

Seems Dronexl forgot to mention that bit.

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/01/dji-mini-3-release-date/
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 04:41
I like his takes on the Mini 3.  He is right that some brands do intentionally leak because it gets the market buzzing between releases, which is especially important now that DJI has a legitimate competitor in the Nano+.

Indeed DT,  time will tell if its real for sure.
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spetersen Posted at 3-3 05:06
I agree with you 100%, and my question is do we need another mini ? With all expectations so many seem to have it will be direct competition to MA 2S and it will probably be more than 250 g . I think the product cycle should be at least 2,5 years . and let us all hope that DJI shape up in regards to half baked releases and tons of firmware updates where no one seem to know what was fixed. This would also secure the investment financially . Do you by a new car every 12-18 moths?

We need a mini that can actually do a -90 gimbal without leaping about all over the place.
2022-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-3 04:52
What they actually say in their tweet is "Before further confirmation, I'll regard this pic as joking." (my emphasis).

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1498623391884247041

the folding of the image suggests glossy paper to me, not a box, i always take images with a pinch of salt, especially when the work joke or joking is mention, once the leak of the actual drone is out then i will strat to believe it.

Hey, it could be true, it could be what we will get, but i ain't falling head over heals for anything  until i seen the real McCoy
2022-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, they mention it...

The photo, as you can see, is so poorly made that this rumor can indeed be discarded as a joke.
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-3 07:54
Yeah, they mention it...

The photo, as you can see, is so poorly made that this rumor can indeed be discarded as a joke.

Oh well,  I think they added that since this morning.
2022-3-3
Use props
The_Gregors
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61266 ft
  • >>>
United States

If this “leak” is authentic, there are some interesting design changes.  The rear arms are very short and the front arms are very long, when unfolded, this puts the camera at the center of the drone and probably increases stability for imaging.  I think the longer front arms create a reasonably large footprint when unfolded, to improve stability and performance in higher winds.  I kind of hope this is real. And soon…….
2022-3-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-3 07:52
the folding of the image suggests glossy paper to me, not a box, i always take images with a pinch of salt, especially when the work joke or joking is mention, once the leak of the actual drone is out then i will strat to believe it.

Hey, it could be true, it could be what we will get, but i ain't falling head over heals for anything  until i seen the real McCoy

I wouldn't say paper unless it was very high gsm paper - ie more akin to a box - because the creases / curves are gentle.

Also, if you look at the glossiness and where the image seems to disappear, this looks like gloss over an image, rather than something inkjet printed on glossy paper. Either it's packaging or its been mocked up and then printed in the same way as packaging and then photographed. Obviously not impossible, but this if further than I've seen anyone go so far with Mini 3 fakes.

I think DroneXL is being a bit unfair saying that the "photo... is poorly made", to be honest. If this was a photoshop job then it would be less likely to have these imperfections, or at least the imperfections wouldn't look as organic. It's a while since I've sold anything on eBay, but I always had a nightmare trying to take package shot photos in particular... any kind of gloss on the packaging always meant that some key text was obscured by reflections when the package was lit correctly, or there were shadows that made the picture look bad, etc.

This looks exactly like I would expect a shot of packaging to look like if - particularly if it was taken in any environment other than a diffuse lightbox.

As I mentioned earlier, the bits that don't sit quite right for me are what look like jpeg artifacts around the camera info to the left of the lens (the artifacts are not around the white on black text which woudl be normal for a compressed image, they look like a cut and paste job instead) and the screen on the controller doesn't look quite right (it seems to float above the controller too much).

The screen thing could be put down to the fact that packshots often have mocked-up images on screens as they don't photograph very well so are added afterwards in the edit.

Who knows... I think it's a damned good fake if it aint real.
2022-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're looking too far into this, if you've never seen photographic quality paper before then you've led a sheltered life ;) take a look at the fold through the name at the top, that's paper for sure, it also continues down the image, this is why you're seeing light reflected off the image, hence the light through the middle from of the ac, in my opinion, that ain't no box, that's paper.

If i was to believe this as real, i would say that its possibly a promo flyer, oh and the image disappearance is just light reflected off the glossy paper and when zoomed in, i see contours that are also in line with good quality photographic quality paper. As i said, i am only going by what the actual leaker said, he said he was joking, Maybe he said that just to keep us on our toes

You know, i was thinking about that RC screen myself, it doesn't quite sit right does it? sommat just not 100% also, there are no markings on the arm, normally DJI put the model's name on the front right arm. Perhaps this is just  a mock-up,
I don't know and i spose we won't know, I hope it is real, i would like it to be, it looks more stubby so should be smaller, certainly in length, but it may have gained in girth, it should hopefully still be under 250g
2022-3-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is DJI leaking this via another person. They always do it and it is almost always true. It is an established way that DJI does its marketing.

2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-3 23:33
This is DJI leaking this via another person. They always do it and it is almost always true. It is an established way that DJI does its marketing.

Indeed,  thats what many people are saying.
2022-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 06:30
Indeed DT,  time will tell if its real for sure.

I'm definitely excited about a Mini 3 release, especially if it has multiple versions.  
2022-3-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-3 23:33

Aw c'mon, that right that is speculation at its best, it is however inevitable that a large company cannot keep things under wraps for long. The guy has already said that he does not work for DJI in the past.

If i was to speculate, i would say that OsvitaLV is perhaps a beta tester or an advance public release tester and that maybe that's a flyer he's had come through with the drone because the boxes are not ready yet, or that he personally knows someone who is, that makes sense because we've seen him mention that he'd just finished his 1st mavic air free trial and seen him flying an Inspire 2, and we know that DJI only sends advanced units out to people that have a good few followers so they can pass the review on and we know the guy is an avid filmmaker of which will have a few followers for sure.

There is one thing that we can prob agree on, the person is in China else they would be on FB or the Tube, plus, he looks Chinese ;)

Still puzzled by the "joking" comment though, perhaps it was just a red herring?
2022-3-4
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853645 ft
Malaysia

I honestly don't think DJI would ever make it this ugly design compare to the rest different brands and their previous model. It's way too much, I mean, how come the pro RC will come along with Mavic mini 3 since they can sell it separately like they use to sell in the past. I probably guess that the design and colors might be same as previous model, only difference is the spec. A few changes on it.
2022-3-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-4 19:13
Aw c'mon, that right that is speculation at its best, it is however inevitable that a large company cannot keep things under wraps for long. The guy has already said that he does not work for DJI in the past.

If i was to speculate, i would say that OsvitaLV is perhaps a beta tester or an advance public release tester and that maybe that's a flyer he's had come through with the drone because the boxes are not ready yet, or that he personally knows someone who is, that makes sense because we've seen him mention that he'd just finished his 1st mavic air free trial and seen him flying an Inspire 2, and we know that DJI only sends advanced units out to people that have a good few followers so they can pass the review on and we know the guy is an avid filmmaker of which will have a few followers for sure.

Previous leaks have been from very small YouTubers not large ones. Believe me this is DJI leaking just as it always does
2022-3-4
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TBH I don't get all excited about any DJI new release, as I know I wont be able to afford it. Yes it's nice to see what it can do etc. but Ill stick with what I have.
2022-3-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules