Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Cine feature request copying files from SSD to external SSD
3412 13 2022-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear DJI team,

I travel a lot and I often go hiking for days. This is why the Mavic series has always been the perfect solution for me: small, foldable, lightweight.

After about 2 flights with video recording in ProRes with my Mavic 3 Cine the internal SSD is full. At that time I have two full batteries left but I cannot fly and record new stuff. So first I need to take my laptop and use it to copy the files from the drone to an external SSD. And just for that scenario I am carrying my laptop with me. It would be great to leave it at home, especially when I am hiking. I am not sure if this is possible but I imagine a solution like this:

I power the drone on and connect an external SSD to the aircraft via its USB C Port. The power supply for the external SSD should be no problem because it is getting the juice from the drone. So I would totally get it, if it was not possible in USB mode. After that I take the RC Pro and push a button like „Copy files to external drive“.  I do not even need some kind of File Explorer (although it would be great). When the external drive is full, then there could be just a pop up error message but until then, it would be great if the drone (or RC Pro) would just automatically create a new folder and copy the files to the drive.

I am not sure if it is possible to implement a feature like this with the current hardware, but if so, I - and I think also a lot of other users - would be very happy to have an option like this.

Cheers
Flo

2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you really need ProRes?
You can use SD cards and easily swap cards out and copy them to your laptop much easier.
2022-3-2
Use props
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-2 05:25
You can use SD cards and easily swap cards out and copy them to your laptop much easier.

Hi! Yes, I need to use ProRes. I am often working in a professional environment and need to deliver or work in ProRes. Also, I noticed sometimes a little bit of a quality difference (color bleeding) with fast moving objects. But anyway, this is not the topic here in this thread. ProRes is important to me and a reason why I purchased the Cine Version. When I now use a SD Card to avoid my "problem" then I could have bought the standard Mavic 3 in the first place
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fhoelterhoff Posted at 3-2 05:32
Hi! Yes, I need to use ProRes. I am often working in a professional environment and need to deliver or work in ProRes. Also, I noticed sometimes a little bit of a quality difference (color bleeding) with fast moving objects. But anyway, this is not the topic here in this thread. ProRes is important to me and a reason why I purchased the Cine Version. When I now use a SD Card to avoid my "problem" then I could have bought the standard Mavic 3 in the first place

I asked because you didn't explain in your 1st post and most members here don't need ProRes.
If you do need it, you are stuck with a clunky, poorly thought out drone when it comes time to download video.

2022-3-2
Use props
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-2 05:38
I asked because you didn't explain in your 1st post and most members here don't need ProRes.
If you do need it, you are stuck with a clunky, poorly thought out drone when it comes time to download video.

No problem! And I hope my reply did not seem to be rude. It was not meant to be
I agree, it is a portable drone which sadly needs some kind of stationary computing process. As I mentioned, I am not sure if it is possible to implement my solution/suggestion with the current hardware, but it definitely would have been possible to install that feature, while developing a drone like this.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Flo. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-2
Use props
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 19:01
Hello there Flo. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

thanks for doing so! I hope the team will also see the value in a feature like this
2022-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fhoelterhoff Posted at 3-3 01:16
Hello Stephen,

thanks for doing so! I hope the team will also see the value in a feature like this

Hi there Flo. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other request, inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-3-4
Use props
Javios
New

Malaysia

Hi Flo, i have Mavic 3 Cine and faced same problem as you too. It's painful sometimes if i have outstation job and couldn't access for any computer on site.

My current solution is using Lacie BOSS SSD, but this solution is not stable sometimes. it needs few trying to get the SSD connect to Mavic. and through the Lacie BOSS apps installed in phone or tablet, you can check the process (speed & countdown) and playback them after that.  

But i do hope DJI will give more solution, able to copy files on the fly / without using cable connection, like what Quick Transfer did for phone.
2022-10-1
Use props
Javios
New

Malaysia

Hi Flo, i have Mavic 3 Cine and faced same problem as you too. It's painful sometimes if i have outstation job and couldn't access for any computer on site.

My current solution is using Lacie BOSS SSD, but this solution is not stable sometimes. it needs few trying to get the SSD connect to Mavic. But through the Lacie BOSS apps installed in phone or tablet, you can check the process (speed & countdown) and playback them after that.  

But i do hope DJI will give more solution, able to copy files on the fly / without using cable connection, like what Quick Transfer did for phone.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_FFLnDAicLQ8c
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2022-3-2 05:25

what a sad reply, why do you think one buys a mavic 3 CINE ????
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_FFLnDAicLQ8c
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2022-3-2 05:38

bro, shut up already and let the people who really cares and knows what they are talking about answer
2023-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_FFLnDAicLQ8c Posted at 4-8 14:33

Many here bought them because they have more money than awareness of what Prores is or how limiting the Mavic 3 Cine is.
They assume that more expensive must be better, like you've mistakenly assumed that I don't know what I'm talking about.

bro, shut up already and let the people who really cares and knows what they are talking about answer

Welcome new member.
Learn some manners and consider the date on old posts before responding with your pearls of wisdom.
2023-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules