Modified sunglasses for bright sun flying
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JacktheRipper
lvl.2

United States

I modified a pair of sunglasses to limit extraneous light shining on my eyes, while still allowing a clear view of the flight screen (note cutouts in the lens). Together with a baseball cap, I now can fly comfortable in bright sunshine. Note the auxilirary light guards on the temples, and the top center guard above the bridge for closing out light coming under the cap bill. This is a prototype using black plastic sheet and duct tape. I'm now designing better looking light guards for 3d printing. Hope the pics came through
IMG_1263_edited-1.jpg (405.94 KB, Down times: 0)

IMG_1264_edited-1.jpg (431.09 KB, Down times: 0)

25 mins ago
Reply Edit

2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JacktheRipper. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting sunglasses that you have created. This is very innovative. Keep flying and have a nice day.
2022-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice tip.  
2022-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool DIY project.  
2022-3-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Those certainly look handy, would be very interesting to see the later version :-)
2022-3-4
Use props
JacktheRipper
lvl.2

United States

"Those certainly look handy, would be very interesting to see the later version :-)"

Guys... And here is the later version, with side shields 3d printed to better conform to the glasses. No sun reaches my eyes unfiltered by the sunglasses, and  really helps with my eyesight on those morning flights.
IMG_1280_edited-1.jpg
IMG_1279_edited-1.jpg
2022-3-5
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

JacktheRipper Posted at 3-5 07:25
"Those certainly look handy, would be very interesting to see the later version :-)"

You sure seem to be handy and resourceful with your DIY projects.
2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules