Mavic 2 Pro and Android 12 do not work with each other
5393 15 2022-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gdecker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270079 ft

United States

Running android 12 on the pixel 6 pro. When connecting to the mavic, it takes a while, connects for about 3 seconds, then freezes. It then reconnects and freezes again. I am running the latest version of DJI go 4 from the DJI website (4.3.46).

I have synced all of my flight records on the app and tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app. Issue persists.

Please also support this issue with more than a single response.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gdecker. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Go 4 application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 Pro interface will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-3-2
Use props
Gdecker
lvl.2

United States

So the mavic 2 pro is functionally useless unless I buy an old phone?
2022-3-2
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Gdecker Posted at 3-2 21:41
So the mavic 2 pro is functionally useless unless I buy an old phone?

there are messages that it works if you download the software here and not via google that it works

https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-3-3
Use props
Gdecker
lvl.2

United States

Indio Posted at 3-3 13:49
there are messages that it works if you download the software here and not via google that it works

https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav

Already did that as indicated by the version number. It does not work.
2022-3-3
Use props
Cosmin
New
Flight distance : 30981 ft
Romania

Same issue, Samsung S10 Android 12. Mavic 2 Zoom is no longer usable, at all. The DJI Go 4 app crashes, same as for everyone else reporting this issue on the Play Store. It was fine with Android 11 on S10.

Mavic 2 Zoom is not compatible with DJI Fly and all the phones at my disposal have Android 12, I can't use my drone.

Update:

After checking a bit further, I downloaded the App from DJI, not from the Play Store and I can confirm that this version (4.3.46) works on Samsung S10 Android 12 One UI 4.1.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

2022-3-27
Use props
Strawdragon
New

United States

The idiots are DJI had removed the Mavic 2 series from the DJI Fly app like jerks.
2022-7-31
Use props
Mixalis Lekakis
New

Greece

So I have one plus 8 pro with Android 12 and I can't fly my new drone  of 1500€ cost!Who gives me my money back or who send me the new controller with screen without cost???DGI It's the most unacceptable company I've seen in this section!!!!
2022-8-27
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-2 14:33
The Mavic 2 never worked with the Fly app.  It requires DJI Go4.  Download the latest version from the Mavic 2 support page on dji.com.  Look under Downloads.

Perhaps the Fly App should never have been created. GO4 was (and still is?) the superior app. I would much rather see an app that can work with all (most?) drone models with embedded mods for feaures unique to a particulrar drones. Learn the app once and as new features are added it makes may make it possible to upgreade the entire DJI fleet with new software. I know, dream on....
2022-8-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Go4 works on android 12 and has done since the week after its release.
No issue on any of the 3 x 12 devices here.
2022-8-27
Use props
GDDFromAus
lvl.1
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 8-27 12:37
Go4 works on android 12 and has done since the week after its release.
No issue on any of the 3 x 12 devices here.

Lol ... Is that right? Care to share how you got them all going?

The hundreds of other people on here who have exhausted all suggestions to get the Go 4 app working alongside Android 12 either on officially listed supported devices and/or devices that it just used to work on without issue anyway would truly appreciate your expertise.
2022-8-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Pixel 4a 5g.  Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.
Pixel 6.  Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.
Samsung Se running Lineage OS (android 12). Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.

As for Android 13, on the 4a5g just uninstalled Go4, installed the beta in the other thread then flew.

None required any work on top of that.
2022-8-28
Use props
Gdecker
lvl.2

United States

gnirtS Posted at 8-28 00:55
Pixel 4a 5g.  Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.
Pixel 6.  Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.
Samsung Se running Lineage OS (android 12). Downloaded Go4 from the DJI website, ran it, just worked.

Pixel 3a and pixel 6 pro, downloaded, doesn't work.

It's a known problem. Dji has admitted it, they just don't want to fix it. Great that it's worked for you but just because it does doesn't negate others experiences. And the fact dji is not offering any help in the matter does not make it any easier.

Quit fanboying.
2022-8-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

...and just because it fails to work for you doesn't negative others experience where it works perfectly.
There was an issue, DJI released and linked to a solution.  Which seems to work for many people.

Im assuming the 3 flights i did today on the P6 were just hallucinations.
2022-8-28
Use props
Gdecker
lvl.2

United States

gnirtS Posted at 8-28 12:42
...and just because it fails to work for you doesn't negative others experience where it works perfectly.
There was an issue, DJI released and linked to a solution.  Which seems to work for many people.

I assume so seeing how much you complain about the app not working in your other posts.
2022-8-28
Use props
Mixalis Lekakis
New

Greece

Anyone who have problem with the app from Android 12 you can download from this link the DGI go 4 app but the version before this silly update and it's works normally!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gVXB_MB31nF4TJS1AsHEhqfG9Ny1ZlX/view?usp=sharing
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules