13223 7 2022-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
83SanDimas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like many others time slipped by and I did not attend to my Mavic Pro batteries.  From reading and YouTube it appears that either they are unsalvagable or require disassembly and soldering tweaks  to attempt to repair.

Both of the batteries that would not charge would flash 16 times. Anyone know what that code means?

One may now be dead.

Has anyone here successfully recovered a battery?

Is their a service or hobby company offering trade in credit?

Where is a reliable source for replacement batteries - hopefully platinum edition as the color is different.

And last - with one working battery and two dead ones is it worth keeping this Magic Pro Fly More Platinum? Trade in? Sell?  I would like to use it but I do not fly it that often but will fly it.
2022-3-3
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

I don’t think there is a company that trades dead batteries for new ones.
2022-3-3
Use props
83SanDimas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

wa.jesse07 Posted at 3-3 13:23
I don’t think there is a company that trades dead batteries for new ones.

I am sure someone knows how to recycle these things.  Would be a shame to throw it away and it has been barely used.

Either way, still would appreciate a recommendation of a reliable source for replacement batteries.
2022-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 83SanDimas. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. If only LED 1 flashes on the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery, the LED far away from the power button, the battery might be broken. You can try to drain the battery out and then keep in charge again to see if the issue will persist. In addition, you may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Intelligent Flight Battery that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.
2022-3-3
Use props
83SanDimas
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-3 19:12
Hello there 83SanDimas. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. If only LED 1 flashes on the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery, the LED far away from the power button, the battery might be broken. You can try to drain the battery out and then keep in charge again to see if the issue will persist. In addition, you may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Intelligent Flight Battery that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry as well. Thank you.

Thank you,

Suggestions on draining it out?  It will not activate the Mavic Pro.
2022-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

83SanDimas Posted at 3-4 04:30
Thank you,

Suggestions on draining it out?  It will not activate the Mavic Pro.

Hi there 83SanDimas. Thank you for the reply and for the inquiry. Kindly please try to run your DJI intelligent flight battery down to 10% to 15% then try to charge them again to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.
2022-3-5
Use props
fans557a7de3
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 21:17
Hi there 83SanDimas. Thank you for the reply and for the inquiry. Kindly please try to run your DJI intelligent flight battery down to 10% to 15% then try to charge them again to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

Right but he asked, do you have any suggestions on how to drain the battery down, since it won’t power up the actual drone…..
2022-8-1
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans557a7de3 Posted at 8-1 22:24
Right but he asked, do you have any suggestions on how to drain the battery down, since it won’t power up the actual drone…..

If you have a wire testing light, one with a pointed end that can penetrate wire covering and has a ground clip on a wire, you can ground the clip on something and lie the pointed end of the test lead on each of the prongs of the battery, one at a time, until the small light bulb inside lights up. You are then putting a load on the battery.

Leave it there and it will drain it down. When the light bulb gets pretty dim, unhook everything and try to recharge it.

Those things are available at all auto parts stores now that Radio Shack is no longer with us.
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules