How long did it take to get GPS??
649 17 2022-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

I made a video on how long it takes to get GPS on my Mavic 3.

2022-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no way to "calibrate GPS".
2022-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your homepoint was recorded at 1.40 seconds once this is recorded its safe to fly. Thanks for posting
2022-3-3
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 15:58
Your homepoint was recorded at 1.40 seconds once this is recorded its safe to fly. Thanks for posting

i feel MUCH safer when it says "Strong" Satellite.
2022-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Javierz0509 Posted at 3-3 16:09
i feel MUCH safer when it says "Strong" Satellite.

2022-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Javierz0509. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have filmed and created. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1.40 seems reasonable.
2022-3-4
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Another proof that we do not all have the same hardware.
2022-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 3-4 00:56

No I’m afraid this is not proof of different hardware in Mavis 3s , there are many who can get GPS in 2 minutes followed next day by 10 minutes.
2022-3-4
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 3-4 02:13
No I’m afraid this is not proof of different hardware in Mavis 3s , there are many who can get GPS in 2 minutes followed next day by 10 minutes.

This is also true. This is exactly my case. But I guess the author of the video wouldn't have posted a video with a cold start in less than 2 minutes if he had suffered from our problem.
2022-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 3-4 02:34
This is also true. This is exactly my case. But I guess the author of the video wouldn't have posted a video with a cold start in less than 2 minutes if he had suffered from our problem.

This is not Hardware, pre December there was no issue with GPS, then something changed in December with a FW update. Why it affected GPS we probably can only Guess. None of us really know. But we do know it can be reversed and this is where the problem lies. Why is it taking so long to fix? When will it be fixed ? DJI have said they’re working on it, but no more information except next FW will fix it. If they came out and said it will be fixed end of march etc then people would go about their Business until it arrives. But they won’t give anyone a date won’t say what’s wrong or how it happened so causing frustration for users and speculation if it ever will be fixed. I do think it will be addressed in next FW but when is next FW, who knows.
2022-3-4
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

KokoFresha Posted at 3-4 00:56

No, this doesn't prove that at all.

Goodness this issue is getting so muddy with armchair engineers  making hypothesis and arriving at half baked conclusions about things they know little to nothing about. No one outside of DJI know what the exact cause of the issue is. There is zero evidence at all that the issue is related to hardware. There is zero evidence that there are Mavic 3's with different GPS hardware. You can not take one small example and extrapolate sweeping conclusions from it. This is a simpleton's approach to problem solving. The issue is likely much more nuanced and complex than anyone here understands. The greatest evidence we have is that it is firmware / configuration related and will be addressed soon with a firmware update.
2022-3-4
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Tornado12 Posted at 3-4 08:28
No, this doesn't prove that at all.

Goodness this issue is getting so muddy with armchair engineers  making hypothesis and arriving at half baked conclusions about things they know little to nothing about. No one outside of DJI know what the exact cause of the issue is. There is zero evidence at all that the issue is related to hardware. There is zero evidence that there are Mavic 3's with different GPS hardware. You can not take one small example and extrapolate sweeping conclusions from it. This is a simpleton's approach to problem solving. The issue is likely much more nuanced and complex than anyone here understands. The greatest evidence we have is that it is firmware / configuration related and will be addressed soon with a firmware update.

All of us affected have an interest in solving the problem through a patch in the software. It is the most painless.
But for me the problems with GPS are unacceptable. The last few flights with this drone have disappointed me.
Do I believe the posts of the DJI representatives here in the forum? No! The bad news is that this is all we have.
You are wrong if you think that writing in this forum gives me any pleasure. But I am convinced that DJI will not do anything if we do not constantly remind them of the problem. If the problem was important to them, they would have solved it long ago.
I regret that it is difficult for me to share the optimism of long-time DJI users. I did not imagine this user experience when I paid for Mavic3. And I insist on an end date when the problem will be solved so that I can make my plans.
2022-3-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

KokoFresha Posted at 3-4 10:47
All of us affected have an interest in solving the problem through a patch in the software. It is the most painless.
But for me the problems with GPS are unacceptable. The last few flights with this drone have disappointed me.
Do I believe the posts of the DJI representatives here in the forum? No! The bad news is that this is all we have.

Agreed, a lot of people here like to downplay this issue, maybe they are not affected as bad as the rest of us or maybe the money spent is just pocket change for them but to some of us that money spent is hard earned with sacrifices made to buy this drone because of its cost. I, like you also demand an end date and Dji's silence of telling us when this will be fixed is what's frustrating. Again I say, because of the lack of unity by Pilots on here, Dji will always walk over consumers and keep giving us sub standard products and expect us to just accept it. Unfortunately, that how some of humanity is- No one stands together and like to shoot people down
2022-3-4
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have posted this elsewhere.......let's hope it comes sooner rather than later!!

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dj ... d1uoCkzcRf_XBA7rOYs
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-10 12:55
I have posted this elsewhere.......let's hope it comes sooner rather than later!!

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/?fbclid=IwAR2LcNliLRmXnuybw1kehXWV1nX6MMDuazsNFFBId1uoCkzcRf_XBA7rOYs

March 24. Still a couple weeks away.
2022-3-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-10 12:55

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/?fbclid=IwAR2LcNliLRmXnuybw1kehXWV1nX6MMDuazsNFFBId1uoCkzcRf_XBA7rOYs

Lets hope so...
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

I'm using unreleased .601 fw from 3/3. It appears to fix the GPS problem.
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules