Satellite hacking?
4052 46 2022-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

We are all pulling for you Ant- to get the meds sorted out.  
2022-3-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

oh yeah.. pin all the blame on me.  Don't shoot the messenger.
2022-3-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-4 09:17
To my knowledge the satellite system that were "hacked" was not Glonass, which is Russias positioning and navigation system. So, the quick answer is that this has zero impact on your mavic 3.

Regarding how GPS works however, I can speak to that as I do have some knowledge of it. Ive been in and out of the radio communications hobby for over 25 years. I started in the hobby when I was just 12 years old. At 13 I had a desk in my bedroom full of radio communication equipment. CB base station, Shortwave radio's, Scanners, various walkie talkies, and was already wanting to get into HAM radio. I was a nerd. This was in the 1990's. GPS at that time was a new technology. I remember reading in my magazines that I had subscriptions to at the time about GPS Receivers. I eventually got on of those as well just as a toy. They were big bulky devices then.  Needless to say I absorbed a lot of knowledge in those years as I found radio waves and communications fascinating.

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/ ... Flight_Advisory.pdf

Happens all the time.  GPS Interference Testing.   CAN,  but usually DOESN'T bother our drones......
2022-3-10
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-9 02:36
for your next messages for some readers ; ...txt...txt...txt...

## Fixed my previous post.

<funny>  This thread confirms my biggest fear. I need to stop using GPS and learn  how to fly in atti mode. Problem solved.OH NO! What if the signal from my controller is hacked or blocked? Then even atti mode won't work. Need a way to tether to the drone with lightweight wire. I'll have to work on that.
</funny>

2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-9 18:50
oh yeah.. pin all the blame on me.  Don't shoot the messenger.

Lots of crazy people like you think you are "messengers". Usually that's when they run out of meds.
2022-3-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W Posted at 3-10 11:54
Lots of crazy people like you think you are "messengers". Usually that's when they run out of meds.

Lots of people need better coping education outside their "bubble" instead of blaming others when it's things they cannot control and things they don't want to hear.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-10 13:59
Lots of people need better coping education outside their "bubble" instead of blaming others when it's things they cannot control and things they don't want to hear.

No one is “blaming” you for your illness.
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules