Mini 2 wont turn on - please help
15700 12 2022-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronsil
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a second hand Mini 2, which on the face of things seemed a nice drone, I got it from facebook but saw it working before buying, it is in good condition and paid in cash once I saw it fly.
Now... I have had it 5 days and went to fly it today for first time myself and it will not turn on!! I get a weird show of lights but will not turn on. After it has flashed and shown a few LED's if i just leave it with the battery in the LED's keep lighting up until i remove the battery.
I have tried 5 batteries now, 2 that came with the Mini 2 and 3 from my older Mavic Mini, all the same with each battery.

I have messaged the previous owner just asking if they have ever had a problem and obviously they have not replied :
I have googled things but cant find anything that relates to a problem like this.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue or knows anything I can try.

i have attached a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9klnhlVl2A

Thank you
2022-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about that. Please try to troubleshoot by following the steps below:
1. Please try to check whether the battery is fully charged.
2. Check if there is any foreign matter in the battery compartment. If there is, clean the battery compartment and remount the battery.
3. Check if the metal connector outside the compartment and battery contact pins are misshapen or have poor contact. If so, we recommend adjusting them manually or wiping the pins with isopropyl alcohol.
If the issue persists, please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send the drone back (if the battery is under warranty, please send it back together). Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-3-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In your video clip, you have the drone upside down. You appear to do the correct startup press (one brief press followed by a 3-second press) but the gimbal does not start its "dance" which it should do on startup. This is probably because, whenever the Mini is inverted, it will switch off.  You should do the startup press and then immediately place the drone the right way up on a flat non-metallic surface.  You should then hear the startup beep, the prop motors should twitch, and the gimbal rotate in all directions before levelling off.
2022-3-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Blériot53 Posted at 3-6 15:07
In your video clip, you have the drone upside down. You appear to do the correct startup press (one brief press followed by a 3-second press) but the gimbal does not start its "dance" which it should do on startup. This is probably because, whenever the Mini is inverted, it will switch off.  You should do the startup press and then immediately place the drone the right way up on a flat non-metallic surface.  You should then hear the startup beep, the prop motors should twitch, and the gimbal rotate in all directions before levelling off.

2022-3-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The light sequence you see is incorrect for a start-up/boot. onviously you are aware of that. I am not sure what to make of it, at first glance I thought you maybe had a sticky power button and it was going into link mode but the sequential lights are too slow and do not go all the way to the 4th light. It seems reminiscent of the charging display. With the latter in mind I'd be incined to try another battery.

For your information, my Mini2 boots PERFECTLY HAPPILY,  as in twitches the motors and the gimbal does its dance, in any orientation I have tried, including on its back, as is shown in the video, and nose pointing vertically downward. I have just tried both of those and, thinking about it, I am pretty sure I often switch it on upside down.
2022-3-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-26 08:28
The light sequence you see is incorrect for a start-up/boot. onviously you are aware of that. I am not sure what to make of it, at first glance I though you maybe had a sticky power button and if was going into link mode but sequential lights are too slow and do not go all the way to the 4th light. It seems reminiscent of the charging display. With the latter in mind I'd be incined to try another battery.

For your information, my Mini2 boots PERFECTLY HAPPILY,  as in twitches the motors and the gimbal does its dance, in any orientation I have tried including on its back, as is shown in the video, and nose pointing vertically downward. I have just tried both of those and, thinking about it, I am pretty sure I often switch it on upside down.

You're right.  I've just tried it and it does come on in vmarious orientations. But the gimbal dance occurs, as you would expect.  I think I'm confusing the YT video I sawe a while back, of someone advocating hand-catching the Mini, and then invertiung it to stop the motors, rather than using the RC to switch them off.
I tried that at the time, but it's not something I do routinely.
2022-3-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep the grab and twist motor stop does work most of the time with the Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and the Mavic2 pro/Zoom, I've had to use it with the latter when a dog  was trying to get the drone and I couldn't land because of the dog. But, and somewhat worringly,  I have also had it NOT STOP the motors on a M2P/Z when I was experimenting with a hand held M2P/Z.
If it hadn't worked with that dog troubled landing I could have got some nice cuts because I whipped the drone behind my back.
2022-3-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-26 13:43
Yep the grab and twist motor stop does work most of the time with the Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and the Mavic2 pro/Zoom, I've had to use it with the latter when a dog  was trying to get the drone and I couldn't land because of the dog. But, and somewhat worringly,  I have also had it NOT STOP the motors on a M2P/Z when I was experimenting with a hand held M2P/Z.
If it hadn't worked with that dog troubled landing I could have got some nice cuts because I whipped the drone behind my back.

It's not something I would attempt, I'd probably trim my fingernails off at the elbow if I tried it
2022-3-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-30 00:44
It's not something I would attempt, I'd probably trim my fingernails off at the elbow if I tried it

I wouldn't use it as a routine, primarily because I think it stresses things too much but also because of the risk. An M2p would slice and dice quite nicely, mavic mini props strikes hurt more than cut. I don't think a Mini 2 has caught me yet but given that their props are stiffer than mavic mini props they might cut especially if it was tip contact.
2022-3-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-30 01:07
I wouldn't use it as a routine, primarily because I think it stresses things too much but also because of the risk. An M2p would slice and dice quite nicely, mavic mini props strikes hurt more than cut. I don't think a Mini 2 has caught me yet but given that their props are stiffer than mavic mini props they might cut especially if it was tip contact.

A few years ago now, I tried hand catching my old P4 as I'd seen someone do on a video.
Bad idea.  I got away with it, but once was enough to convince me to keep body parts well away from whirling propellors.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_x3oZRP5zte4A
New
Réunion

Have you solved this problem?
I have the same thing here. Was flying yesterday, used 2 bateries and repacked the drone.
I took it out again a couple hours later with another fully charged battery but it won't turn on.
I have since recharged the RC and all batteries, made sure there wasn't anything stuck in the battery compartnent, connectors all ok... I don't know what else to do.
When the drone is plugged directly to the sector i can see the leds flash but that's about it.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
4-11 23:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_x3oZRP5zte4A Posted at 4-11 23:23
Have you solved this problem?
I have the same thing here. Was flying yesterday, used 2 bateries and repacked the drone.
I took it out again a couple hours later with another fully charged battery but it won't turn on.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the procedures below:
1. Properly power on the aircraft. Press the Power Button for one second. Release for one second. Then, press it again for two seconds.
2. Check if there is any foreign matter in the battery compartment. If there is, clean the battery compartment and remount the battery.
3. Check if the metal connector outside the compartment and battery contact pins are misshapen or have poor contact. If so, we recommend adjusting them manually or wiping the pins with isopropyl alcohol. If they cannot be adjusted, we recommend submitting an “Online Repair Request” on the DJI official website.
4. Try directly charging the aircraft. Use another cable/charger/port.
5. If possible. try replacing the battery to confirm whether it's an issue with the battery or the drone.
I hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
4-15 02:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules