No droning with Samsung S22 Ultra?
12Next >
28059 71 2022-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manikqile
New

United Kingdom

I have a Spark that used DJI Go4 and a Mini 2 that uses DJI fly. Both worked with my S20. Got an S22 and DJI Go4 won't open, flash screen for a second and closes. DJI Fly opens for the Mini 2 but the phone and the controller don't seem to be talking. Hoping DJI updates Go 4 but any insight on the phone and Mini 2 controller talking? I do have a different cable to clear my phone case but it worked before and the phone and controller saw each other, the controller started charging but the phone said the controller was in charge and the app never showed a connection.
2022-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your running Android 12 that may  be your issue.
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there manikqile. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI applications. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for these DJI applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for both DJI applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application and DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have an Exynos processor in your S22 Ultra?  Just asking as I have the S22 Ultra with an Snapdragon processor and no issues for using it with the DJI Fly App.  However, the Mimo App doesn't work.  
2022-3-5
Use props
djiuser_2LQiRsaHDl7x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103333 ft
Italy

I tested dji fly app with my s22 ultra with exinos processor end the mini 2 seems perfectly connected and seems all work good. In the next days I'll try to tests all functionalities included in app.
2022-3-6
Use props
Moog82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225489 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_2LQiRsaHDl7x Posted at 3-6 09:07
I tested dji fly app with my s22 ultra with exinos processor end the mini 2 seems perfectly connected and seems all work good. In the next days I'll try to tests all functionalities included in app.

On the surface it looks like it works for me, but when pressing the record video button the video feed freezes until you stop the recording. My S22 Ultra is a Exynos CPU model.

I've literally just traded in my S10+ as well, so am left unable to use my Mini 2 right now. What kinda time frame are we looking at a fix?

Edit: Seems that this issue is occuring when selecting when capturing 4K 25fps and 4K 30fps modes. It does not freeze when selecting 4k 24fps.

2022-3-12
Use props
djiuser_lD5IqdIbb6p8
New

United Kingdom

Same here, using a s22 ultra with exynos processor. Can record no issue with live feed apart from 4k 30fps option which is annoying
2022-3-12
Use props
Ivan.exe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Moog82 Posted at 3-12 10:54
On the surface it looks like it works for me, but when pressing the record video button the video feed freezes until you stop the recording. My S22 Ultra is a Exynos CPU model.

I've literally just traded in my S10+ as well, so am left unable to use my Mini 2 right now. What kinda time frame are we looking at a fix?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you Exy CPU, mini 2, video freezes on anything higher than 4k 24... I also just traded my 10+
2022-3-15
Use props
manikqile
New

United Arab Emirates

I have a Spark that used DJI Go4 and a Mini 2 that uses DJI fly. Both worked with my S20. Got an S22 and DJI Go4 won't open, flash screen for a second and closes. DJI Fly opens for the Mini 2 but the phone and the controller don't seem to be talking. Hoping DJI updates Go 4 but https://omegle.onl/  any insight on the phone and Mini 2 controller talking? I do have a different cable to clear my phone case but it worked before and the phone and controller saw each other, the controller started charging but the phone said the controller was in charge and the app never showed a connection.

issue got solved
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_Lpg9BxCmSWJB
New

United States

manikqile Posted at 3-17 09:53
I have a Spark that used DJI Go4 and a Mini 2 that uses DJI fly. Both worked with my S20. Got an S22 and DJI Go4 won't open, flash screen for a second and closes. DJI Fly opens for the Mini 2 but the phone and the controller don't seem to be talking. Hoping DJI updates Go 4 but https://omegle.onl/  any insight on the phone and Mini 2 controller talking? I do have a different cable to clear my phone case but it worked before and the phone and controller saw each other, the controller started charging but the phone said the controller was in charge and the app never showed a connection.

issue got solved

Hi, how did you resolve the issue? I'm having the same issue.
2022-3-18
Use props
fansec5ac213
New
Flight distance : 9836 ft
United States

I have an s20+ and have the same issue on both the dji go and DJI fly apps. They open for a second and then close. This just began after the last Samsung update. I'm on Android 12. This is concerning because I just ordered a Samsung s22 ultra and now it appears I won't be flying until dji figures this out. Disappointing

This is for the DJI Mini SE
2022-3-20
Use props
fansec5ac213
New
Flight distance : 9836 ft
United States

I just removed the previous version and installed the new one from their site (version 1.5.0 I think) and it's working on my s20+
2022-3-20
Use props
MiroslawBagrowski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264278 ft
United Kingdom

For me, it is inconceivable, unacceptable, that a company like DJI not release working software on the day of the launch of its new flagship phones.  It's not about rewriting all the software, but just compiling it for a new GPU so I guess that's the only problem here.

DJI my question when exactly will the new version be released?  How many days does it take?  One or two?

Many thanks,
Mirek
2022-3-27
Use props
JoeExPat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42585 ft
Mexico

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 17:42
Do you have an Exynos processor in your S22 Ultra?  Just asking as I have the S22 Ultra with an Snapdragon processor and no issues for using it with the DJI Fly App.  However, the Mimo App doesn't work.

I have the same phone. MIMO works and DJI Fly does not...
2022-3-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JoeExPat Posted at 3-30 10:36
I have the same phone. MIMO works and DJI Fly does not...

Very odd indeed.  
2022-3-31
Use props
MDUSHA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17572 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 01:45
Hello there manikqile. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI applications. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for these DJI applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for both DJI applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application and DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Olá, eu tenho um Samsung Galáxia S21 ultra e também tenho tido alguns problemas, será que não é compatível com a DJI fly?
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MDUSHA Posted at 4-3 11:49
Olá, eu tenho um Samsung Galáxia S21 ultra e também tenho tido alguns problemas, será que não é compatível com a DJI fly?

Hi there MDUSHA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-4-4
Use props
MDUSHA
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Stephen Postado em 4-4 18:34
Olá, MDUSHA. Lamentamos o problema que isso ocorreu e obrigado por entrar em contato O dispositivo móvel ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) ainda não está listado como dispositivo móvel recomendado para o aplicativo DJI Fly (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly). Tenha a certeza de que o DJI está testando várias listas de dispositivos móveis para serem adicionados dispositivos móveis recomendados para o aplicativo DJI Fly no futuro. Obrigada.

Nunca imaginei que tal pudesse ser possível mas agradeço muito ter-me respondido. Não sei que fazer agora.
2022-4-6
Use props
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
United States

I just got my S22 Ultra today and it appears to work with the DJI Fly App so far. Will update if I have any issues this evening. Going flying shortly.
Update: Raining today. Going flying tomorrow. Will update if there are issues with that.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_Mp5jOssrp1Bx
lvl.1

United States

I'm running into somewhat of the same issue as OP. I tried to open the app I had over 3 times. Just flashed the splash screen and closed. When I go to download the new APK, it downloads, but it ends up just looking like a peice of paper in downloads. When I click to install, it says "this file cannot be downloaded." - S22 Ultra/Mini 2 user.
2022-4-8
Use props
MDUSHA
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-4 18:34
Hi there MDUSHA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

Olá Stephen, pode me dizer se a tablet Huawei mediapad m6 é compatível com a dji fly. Agradeço muito
2022-4-9
Use props
DJ.com
New
Flight distance : 211660 ft
Denmark

I'm running S22 Ultra exynos and have the same, No live feed whilst recording 4k 30 or 4k 25 but 4k 24 is fine.
Please DJI can you sort this out soon
2022-4-9
Use props
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
United States

Used the DJI Fly App with my S22 Ultra for at least a couple hours today and had no issues.
2022-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MDUSHA Posted at 4-9 09:15
Olá Stephen, pode me dizer se a tablet Huawei mediapad m6 é compatível com a dji fly. Agradeço muito

Hi there MDUSHA. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Huawei Mediapad M6 Tablet ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the tablet is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei Mediapad M6 Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-4-9
Use props
kurpaige
New

United States

Have you tried deleting the app, downloading the apk from dji?  That's what worked for me. 4k/30 works.
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_wG91CmVzqev4
New

Netherlands

Moog82 Posted at 3-12 10:54

I have an Exynos based Galaxy S22 and Mini 2. I can confirm that the live video freezes while recording at 25 or 30 fps frame rate and works only for 24 fps. All software is up to date.
2022-4-14
Use props
Cultfollower
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is there a fix for this yet as I've just upgradraded from an S10+ to the S22 ultra and after I press Go Fly the app closes. Totally unable to access my spark at all

Dji you really need to help out on this as a matter of urgency
2022-4-15
Use props
Photographer4
New

United Kingdom

Same problem, no longer have my s10, just got s22 ultra to find it's zero f##ks given by dji regarding sorting out an app that works for mavic 2.. So my drones useless unless I buy another phone, definitely not buying another drone, definitely not from dji
2022-4-19
Use props
MiroslawBagrowski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264278 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_2LQiRsaHDl7x Posted at 3-6 09:07

Please test 4k30fps and which version DJI App do you have
2022-4-20
Use props
Favinha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468973 ft
Portugal

Hello there manikqile. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI applications. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for these DJI applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for both DJI applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application and DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

When you fix this? Is taking to long
2022-4-20
Use props
fans5b19d017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102011 ft
United Kingdom

I am always baffled by this, happens with each new flagship samsung phone. Im sure most people own either apple or samsung yet the app wont work for half.
2022-4-25
Use props
KMC___
lvl.1
United States

It'd be great to get any type of timeline on this from the company. I'm a full time real estate photographer and this is ridiculous to not have drone capabilities right now.

Could somebody please give us answers!
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans5b19d017 Posted at 4-25 07:15
I am always baffled by this, happens with each new flagship samsung phone. Im sure most people own either apple or samsung yet the app wont work for half.

Hi there. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Kindly please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) application and for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application in the future. Thank you.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_bKOUV9ycoEQ0
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 17:42

Hey there, I have an S22 Ultra with a snapdragon and I can't get mine to work either. I don't know if that's the problem.
2022-4-29
Use props
Galipec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11827 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-9 21:47
Hi there MDUSHA. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Huawei Mediapad M6 Tablet ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the tablet is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Huawei Mediapad M6 Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

I have a Samsung A50  that is not listed on the compatible phone list yet have downloaded the DJI Fly application from your site.  Although I have yet to order the Mini 2 (waiting for the release of the mini 3).  Will I be able to connect with the A50 to the mini 2 or 3 since the application loaded successfully?  Thanks
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Galipec Posted at 5-2 11:23
I have a Samsung A50  that is not listed on the compatible phone list yet have downloaded the DJI Fly application from your site.  Although I have yet to order the Mini 2 (waiting for the release of the mini 3).  Will I be able to connect with the A50 to the mini 2 or 3 since the application loaded successfully?  Thanks

Hi there Galipec. Good day and thank you for these information. The mobile device Samsung A50 might be able to download the DJI Fly application but it may not be able to use all the functions of the DJI Fly application and there could also be an issue with compatibility in the future when using the mobile device of the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-5-2
Use props
Galipec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11827 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 21:10
Hi there Galipec. Good day and thank you for these information. The mobile device Samsung A50 might be able to download the DJI Fly application but it may not be able to use all the functions of the DJI Fly application and there could also be an issue with compatibility in the future when using the mobile device of the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

So to get into droning I will need to change my phone.  That's not cheap by any means.  Looking at a mini 2 or the new 3 (any news on release date)
when its out and now I am concerned how long a phone that is compatible would continue to be fully supported?
2022-5-3
Use props
YannDM2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114324 ft
Switzerland

Same issue. max possible is 24FPS. with 25 FPS or 30 it is freezing. I tried then my old s20 and it is working perfectly. PLEASE make an update!
2022-5-4
Use props
Pomfus
lvl.1
Australia

I Contacted DJI regarding a fix for S22 Ultra and also Android 12 and this was their response.

Thanks for contacting DJI technical support.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with DJI software. Rest assured that we will do our best to provide assistance.

After updating to Android version 12, your phone may experience issues with the continued use of an older version of a DJI app, including app crashing. To avoid this, be sure to download the latest DJI app version listed on the DJI official website. Please kindly note that DJI has already made DJI app compatible with Android 12.

Please kindly click the link below to download the latest version of DJI Go 4 V4.3.46 by scanning the QR code or download the APK from DJI official website to get this issue resolved.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Due to restrictions imposed by Google, it is currently not possible for us to offer our current apps in the Google Play Store or to post a corresponding notice there.

Note: 1. Please enable the "install apps from unknown sources" feature on your phone. Phone Setting - Apps - click the three dots in the upper right corner of the APPs page, select "Special access" - find and choose "Install unknown apps" in the "Special access" page, click to select one of the Sources, such as Chrome, or your phone's built-in browser, click to enable "Allow from this source".

2. After downloading the APK, please do not open it in your browser, please open the File Manager (if you don't already have one on your device, please download a file manager app first) on your mobile device>Downloads. Click on the APK file.  Follow the prompts and directions for the DJI APK to install.

Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
Thanks for choosing DJI. I wish you a pleasant day, stay healthy!

Best regards,
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2022-5-8
Use props
Pomfus
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_bKOUV9ycoEQ0 Posted at 4-29 18:56
Hey there, I have an S22 Ultra with a snapdragon and I can't get mine to work either. I don't know if that's the problem.

Response i got from DJI

Thanks for contacting DJI technical support.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with DJI software. Rest assured that we will do our best to provide assistance.

After updating to Android version 12, your phone may experience issues with the continued use of an older version of a DJI app, including app crashing. To avoid this, be sure to download the latest DJI app version listed on the DJI official website. Please kindly note that DJI has already made DJI app compatible with Android 12.

Please kindly click the link below to download the latest version of DJI Go 4 V4.3.46 by scanning the QR code or download the APK from DJI official website to get this issue resolved.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Due to restrictions imposed by Google, it is currently not possible for us to offer our current apps in the Google Play Store or to post a corresponding notice there.

Note: 1. Please enable the "install apps from unknown sources" feature on your phone. Phone Setting - Apps - click the three dots in the upper right corner of the APPs page, select "Special access" - find and choose "Install unknown apps" in the "Special access" page, click to select one of the Sources, such as Chrome, or your phone's built-in browser, click to enable "Allow from this source".

2. After downloading the APK, please do not open it in your browser, please open the File Manager (if you don't already have one on your device, please download a file manager app first) on your mobile device>Downloads. Click on the APK file.  Follow the prompts and directions for the DJI APK to install.

Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
Thanks for choosing DJI. I wish you a pleasant day, stay healthy!

Best regards,
Coco
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2022-5-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules