How to activate DJI action 2 without mobile app ?
8224 17 2022-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msoleil
New

France

I do not have Android or iOS, therefore I can't use the app to activate the camera. Is it possible anyway ? How ?
This is very frustrating !

2022-3-5
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also hate this activation routine before you can even use the product - its just a way for DJI to get your details for future marketing etc.
As far as I'm aware, theres no way round it....... Could you use another family member's handset to just activate? Once activated, you never really need to use the app again (other then for a firmware update - which is all I use it for!)
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there msoleil. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that you need the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application to activate your new DJI Action 2. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on DJI Action 2 Complete User Guide | Unboxing and Setup. Thank you.

2022-3-5
Use props
msoleil
New

France

I send the camera back for refund !
2022-3-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a shame - but I agree that having to activate is annoying!
2022-3-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I can appreciate the annoyance of activation (particularly if you haven't got a compatible phone) but I don't recall the information I provided being misused, or even used, by DJI in any way.  But these days for this category of device, using it with an app is a significant part of the point of having it, so...
2022-3-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never use the app for anything other then firmware updates - same with my GoPro. In fact, as I can update the GoPro 'manually' I don't even have the GoPro app on my phone any more! I prefer to use the screen to line up the shot, then transfer footage to my computer for editing, which is a lot quicker then trying to transfer over a wireless connection etc.
I'm old school!!!!
2022-3-15
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi msoleil, the activation cannot be skipped. and it helps with aftersales.
e.x. we need your the DJI account activated action2 to send u Magnetic Protective Case accessory. (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261437

u may find the retailer or friend help with activating and upgrading firmware.
(upgrade to 01.03.30.20 is crucial. many issues have been solved)

2022-3-15
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi

I have 2 Action 2 sets which I activarted using the App right when i bought them.
Apparently, the app mentions connecting the cameras to my account but I don't see how to do that.

My DJI Profile also shows just the separate battery modules I purchased. Therefor, there's no option to claim the magentive cases for me apparently...

Any hints?
2022-3-16
Use props
djiuser_b0TD58h2ep6s
lvl.1
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2022-3-15 23:54
Hi msoleil, the activation cannot be skipped. and it helps with aftersales.
e.x. we need your the DJI account activated action2 to send u Magnetic Protective Case accessory. (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261437)

You need him to activate so you can send him another product???? Is this whole company just a scam with a bunch of american youtube  content creators on its payroll????
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_b0TD58h2ep6s Posted at 11-25 00:21
You need him to activate so you can send him another product???? Is this whole company just a scam with a bunch of american youtube  content creators on its payroll????

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As the first step for usage, the activation process will help you verify that the product is brand new. Through activation, we’ll be able to better serve you and provide more relevant after-sales services. After you register or log in with a DJI account, the app will provide you with wonderful works, creative editing, service plan binding, and so on. All of these features will ensure you have a better usage experience.

We intend to optimize the product activation steps and the usage experience of other functions. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. I’ll provide feedback to the engineers for evaluation.

2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_JT0bgmsKz7I0
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-25 00:29
Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As the first step for usage, the activation process will help you verify that the product is brand new. Through activation, we’ll be able to better serve you and provide more relevant after-sales services. After you register or log in with a DJI account, the app will provide you with wonderful works, creative editing, service plan binding, and so on. All of these features will ensure you have a better usage experience.

We intend to optimize the product activation steps and the usage experience of other functions. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. I’ll provide feedback to the engineers for evaluation.

Recommendation: Allow activation via web login in a web browser, or release a desktop app as well. This is an absurd, anti-consumer practice to block usage of the OSMO Action device until installation of a mobile app (which is compatible with only very few of many hundreds of existing Android devices). Not to mention the security risk of installing mobile apps downloaded from the web. Will you be replacing hundreds of thousands of dollars of people's Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies when their phones get fully compromised by phished installers?

I too will have to return my Action 3, leave a poor review at the store where I bought it, and spread the word to other consumers that these devices have a dark UX secret that none of the positive reviewers are telling us about.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_JT0bgmsKz7I0 Posted at 12-5 10:29
Recommendation: Allow activation via web login in a web browser, or release a desktop app as well. This is an absurd, anti-consumer practice to block usage of the OSMO Action device until installation of a mobile app (which is compatible with only very few of many hundreds of existing Android devices). Not to mention the security risk of installing mobile apps downloaded from the web. Will you be replacing hundreds of thousands of dollars of people's Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies when their phones get fully compromised by phished installers?

I too will have to return my Action 3, leave a poor review at the store where I bought it, and spread the word to other consumers that these devices have a dark UX secret that none of the positive reviewers are telling us about.

Hello, there. User experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We respect users' advice and feedback. We will forward it to our related departments, too. Hope we have the opportunity to offer service for you later.
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_wjLmSqYMqWaH
New

Singapore

I don't understand why a company like DJI thinks it's adequate to block the usage of a device the user paid for for not registering.. Your product management and marketing departments are far out of whack.having to install an APK compromising security is unacceptable. Simply absolutely crap.

I can't use the device because my work profile disallows installing of such apps. And this only because some idiot in Marketing wants the profile.

It's my first and last DJI device. I'm close to throw it against the wall.

This is unacceptable. I want my money back.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wjLmSqYMqWaH Posted at 12-8 22:14
I don't understand why a company like DJI thinks it's adequate to block the usage of a device the user paid for for not registering.. Your product management and marketing departments are far out of whack.having to install an APK compromising security is unacceptable. Simply absolutely crap.

I can't use the device because my work profile disallows installing of such apps. And this only because some idiot in Marketing wants the profile.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Activating it will help us to identify the ownership for our users at least. It's also proof of the after-sales services. Regarding the Mimo app, due to a platform compatibility issue, the DJI Mimo app has been removed from Google Play. User experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before. You can try activating it using a different phone temporarily. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-12-12
Use props
Syah Husain
New

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-11-25 00:29

Hi, i have samsung A53 and trying to install the DJI mimo apps and keep failing. I have DJI action 2 and just bought it. How exactly am i going to use it if the apps seems to be not supported anymore?? How am i going to use my DJI action2 if to activate it need the already dead apps??
1-7 02:55
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Syah Husain Posted at 1-7 02:55
Hi, i have samsung A53 and trying to install the DJI mimo apps and keep failing. I have DJI action 2 and just bought it. How exactly am i going to use it if the apps seems to be not supported anymore?? How am i going to use my DJI action2 if to activate it need the already dead apps??

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what error message or issue you saw when you failed to install the app? Will you be able to use any other phone to try again?
1-8 04:33
Use props
djiuser_6I5mcmH1PZnT
lvl.1

Austria

This is a joke. My Action 4 is to arrive tomorrow from Amazon, if I can't activate I'll send it back since I also don't have a smartphone but a dumbphone, and I won't buy a 1000€ smartphone just to unlock a 300€ camera. There has to be a law against this in the EU, I will investigate the subject with my local authorities and customer protection service. There has to be a way to activate with a normal computer via USB or whatever, since a smartphone is useless for video editing anyway, so the activation has to work on a regular computer as well, since that also has Wifi and Bluetooth. If I have to go to a handy shop to rent a smartphone for the 15 minutes this might cost me a few bucks, but its not about the bucks but about the principle. The explanations are petty excuses which leave only 2 options: 1) they want to infect your smartphone with a virus and 2) their products are a part of cyber warfare which will have their battery explode in case the virus gets activated in WW3. The Mimo app doesn't work by design so you have to try a bunch of different smartphones until it finally works, that's because this way they can infect the smartphone of every friend or family member who  tries to help you with the activation. First thing I'll do when my package arrives is make an appointment with customer protection and do the unboxing there, this is a mega lawsuit waiting to happen, Apple and Microsoft already payed billions in fines for similar practices
3-24 00:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules