Density Problem
746 8 2022-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandy06
lvl.2

Austria

Hello,

I am using the Zenmuse L1 with an M300 to create terrain models. In my generated point cloud I always notice a decrease in point density in certain areas. The resulting DTM then has errors in exactly the same places. I have added screenshots of the point cloud and the DTM. Does anyone know of this problem or have any suggested solutions?

Greetings!

Unbenannt1.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG
2022-3-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
Have you tried reducing the flight speed? Are the calibration passes carried out correctly?
2022-3-14
Use props
sandy06
lvl.2

Austria

Hello,

i have tried flight speed settings between 5 - 10 m/s. The distance of the flight strips was adjusted to the speed and does not exceed the maximum length. Regarding the calibration flights, I need to use terrain follow because I never work in flat area. In this case I cannot check the option Enable Calibration Flight.
Greetings
2022-3-14
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154009 ft
France

sandy06 Posted at 3-14 22:30
Hello,

i have tried flight speed settings between 5 - 10 m/s. The distance of the flight strips was adjusted to the speed and does not exceed the maximum length. Regarding the calibration flights, I need to use terrain follow because I never work in flat area. In this case I cannot check the option Enable Calibration Flight.

Hello, in this case you must do the calibration manually, before and after the mission
2022-3-15
Use props
sandy06
lvl.2

Austria

Thank you for your help fans3cf3ca7b!

Exactly, this function is not selectable during the flight with Terrain Follow. Is there any guidance on how I do the manual calibration flights before and after the actual flight mission?
2022-3-16
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

sandy06 Posted at 3-16 05:09
Thank you for your help fans3cf3ca7b!

Exactly, this function is not selectable during the flight with Terrain Follow. Is there any guidance on how I do the manual calibration flights before and after the actual flight mission?

just take off manually with the flight plan selected and open in the map. Press that button to calibrate the L1 and then you're free to start your mission. When finished, do not return to home but take control of your drone manually and re-press the calibrate button.
2022-3-16
Use props
sandy06
lvl.2

Austria

Seems to have been a big mistake on my part. Thanks for your help. I will test your suggestion immediately!
2022-3-16
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154009 ft
France

sandy06 Posted at 3-16 06:16
Seems to have been a big mistake on my part. Thanks for your help. I will test your suggestion immediately!

Okay Sandy06, let us know how you did it.
Thanks
2022-3-17
Use props
sandy06
lvl.2

Austria

Hello,

thanks for the tips. Unfortunately it still does not work. The problems are still there.

Greetings Sandy06
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules