RC Pro "Locating" Function
3597 5 2022-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bulldogb
lvl.1

United States

I’ve had my Air 2s and RC Pro for almost 4 weeks. At first, I had several disconnects from a short distance (around 70’ away) but since updating to Fly app 1.5.10 I haven’t had any disconnects. In other threads, someone noted that their disconnect issues were fixed with a GPS module replacement when they sent in their RCP for repair.

A few days ago, I noticed that when I started the RC Pro indoors without turning on the drone, the RCP would boot up to the Fly home screen and that in the upper left corner the “Locating” message would never go away. If I touched Fly Spots it would come up with a location off the west coast of Africa. Same story if I went outdoors. The RCP has a GPS receiver so I would expect it to be able to locate itself without the drone.

I plugged in the RCP to charge it and then booted the RCP. Interesting that while charging, indoors, I now get a “Device starting” message as it boots to the Android home screen and when the Fly app boots to its home screen, I get my current location within seconds and Fly Spots now locates my current location with the appropriate warning areas.

Anyone else see this behavior? I’m wondering if I have some intermittent issue or if this is normal. Surprised the behavior is different between being on batteries or on the charger.
2022-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I just tried mine. Either auto start Fly or not, I get the same. If I close and restart Fly it works fine. Charging or not.
2022-3-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also not seeing that issue.  Charging or not functions normally.  
2022-3-8
Use props
bulldogb
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking it's a timing issue of when the Fly app starts vs. when the RC Pro is ready.  Mobilehomer gave me the idea. I turned off the auto start for the Fly app and now bring it up manually from the Android home screen. It works each time now.
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there bulldogb. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is good to know that after turning off the auto start on the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application this issue has been rectified. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-3-8
Use props
Mohanned Samaru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298865 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have this issue since I bought the RCP, i activated  the location services in the flyapp permissions, i did refresh for the firmware for the controller and the drone “ air2s” , I reset the controller factory, i did everything i can do but the issue not solved.
Note: it’s working fine through the old controller N1
Disappointed ☹️
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules