New oval lens front on latest Mavic 3's?
12345Next >
8911 167 2022-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Over on Mavicpilots they are reporting the newer Mavic's may have this design... A couple even have this style camera. Can anyone confirm this from their unit. Maybe a fix to those vertical highlight flares? Be great to see a comparison. Hard to imagine it is just cosmetic but that is what DJI are stating...

oval.JPG
2022-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

From the DJI M3 page -
2022-3-7
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

The photos appear to show three distinctly different lenses.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It was posted here by our ghost friend NGC, it was posted by new member on MP, it doesn’t take a lot to figure out what’s going on. And yes he has multiple accounts on MP too.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 3-7 13:47
The photos appear to show three distinctly different lenses.

All those photos are distorted , easy to do use wide angle lens close up will give similar effect. You’ll notice focusing for the oval one was proving difficult.
2022-3-7
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 13:57
All those photos are distorted , easy to do use wide angle lens close up will give similar effect. You’ll notice focusing for the oval one was proving difficult.

I can confirm that there at least two different lenses being used. That is comparing mine to friends versions or the M3.

The photos make it look like they may be using three different manufacturers / versions of the lens.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 3-7 14:03
I can confirm that there at least two different lenses being used. That is comparing mine to friends versions or the M3.

The photos make it look like they may be using three different manufacturers / versions of the lens.

Do you not think it odd that one was taken with a normal shot and obviously cropped and the other was taken with a wide angle lens too close causing distortion. Why would he not just take 2 normal shots at the same distance. It just doesn’t sit right. And particularly the fool that first posted it.

There could be different manufacturers, I’m not sure about that. But I belong to a club that has 10 M3 ill be interested to check this out .
2022-3-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Seems a really odd thing to create fake news on? Am I right in thinking during a drones life there could be many hardware adaptations without a new model number e.g Mavic 3a etc

Over on MP sounds like pilots have received in early days and recently?  Key thing is are there any differences in quality of image using the different lenses as if they nailed the quality in the Tele would make the M3 that much more attractive.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bussty Posted at 3-7 14:23
[view_image]

Seems a really odd thing to create fake news on? Am I right in thinking during a drones life there could be many hardware adaptations without a new model number e.g Mavic 3a etc

Can you show me any telephoto lens ever that was oval let alone a 1/2 sensor. Is this brand new technology? The same guy put a fake email up on this forum from dji saying they offered him a $100 because they weren’t going to fix GPS. He put another fake email up here again from dji saying the GPS could be a hardware problem. The photos were done in China, do you not think the Chinese can put out fake photos.
Don’t know about hardware adaptations, but I do know that on the outside if you bought a Mavic1 it looks exactly the same all the way through its life and so does every dji drone. Improvements in manufacturing probably yes, thats normal.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

[view_image]

Seems a really odd thing to create fake news on? Am I right in thinking during a drones life there could be many hardware adaptations without a new model number e.g Mavic 3a etc

Why in the last photo is there no definition on the oval part of the lens, looks like its totally blurred “just the oval part.
2022-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 14:40
Can you show me any telephoto lens ever that was oval let alone a 1/2 sensor. Is this brand new technology? The same guy put a fake email up on this forum from dji saying they offered him a $100 because they weren’t going to fix GPS. He put another fake email up here again from dji saying the GPS could be a hardware problem. The photos were done in China, do you not think the Chinese can put out fake photos.
Don’t know about hardware adaptations, but I do know that on the outside if you bought a Mavic1 it looks exactly the same all the way through its life and so does every dji drone. Improvements in manufacturing probably yes, thats normal.

Can you show me any telephoto lens ever that was oval let alone a 1/2 sensor. Is this brand new technology?
Go to www.DJI.com and click on the mavic 3 and see what comes up in the first image they show you.

The same guy put a fake email up on this forum from dji saying they offered him a $100 because they weren’t going to fix GPS. He put another fake email up here again from dji saying the GPS could be a hardware problem. The photos were done in China, do you not think the Chinese can put out fake photos.

Your ongoing obsession is making you jump at shadows and the way you fill so much of the forum with it is tedious.
Give it a rest and apologise to the OP of that other thread.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-7 15:12
Can you show me any telephoto lens ever that was oval let alone a 1/2 sensor. Is this brand new technology?
Go to www.DJI.com and click on the mavic 3 and see what comes up in the first image they show you.

Thats not an oval lens . Just because you put a round lens in a partly oval shaped case doesn’t make it an oval lens. If you look straight into the lens on M3 it’s round not oval. Apologize for what. Both you and the OP don’t own an M3 and look at the photos and tell us how the Camera manages to see out the oval ones.
2022-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 15:34
Thats not an oval lens . Just because you put a round lens in a partly oval shaped case doesn’t make it an oval lens. If you look straight into the lens on M3 it’s round not oval. Apologize for what. Both you and the OP don’t own an M3 and look at the photos and tell us how the Camera manages to see out the oval ones.

Get a close look at the photo I posted. I did a screen shot of the DJI M3 page. ZERO editing.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 15:48
Get a close look at the photo I posted. I did a screen shot of the DJI M3 page. ZERO editing.

I seen the photo you posted, I also seen the post #8 and thats a joke.

2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP, I apologize for being rude. Suren is right
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

Seems a really odd thing to create fake news on? Am I right in thinking during a drones life there could be many hardware adaptations without a new model number e.g Mavic 3a etc

OP, again I apologize.
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, this is what they all look like?
2022-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 15:52
I seen the photo you posted, I also seen the post #8 and thats a joke.

[view_image]

Are you saying DJI posted a fake picture?
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

Let me ask you this. Why does the bottom side of the oval have a flat edge? It is obviously fake. Note only is it fake... they didn't even take the time to do a good job
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 15:48

I see your photo and they are the photos that have been there since day 1. So it should be easy for someone to post a reasonable photo of that lens if the got it. Photos can be manipulated I’m sure you know this, but those photos posted by Busty oval ones are nothing like the photo you posted . Can you imagine photos you would get from an oval lens, how would you squish the sensor in . Most sensors are measured across the circle of the lens so stands to reason if you make the Lens oval the sensor would almost certainly have to be smaller.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-7 15:12
Go to www.DJI.com and click on the mavic 3 and see what comes up in the first image they show you.

I wasn’t referring to the OP as to posting anything fake . The OP knows exactly who I’m talking about.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 16:05
Are you saying DJI posted a fake picture?

Would you think their AT video is real, most don’t . I don’t know but I do Know that the picture I posted and you posted bares no resemblance to photos posted here or on MP, look at the lens on post 8 how can you see through that and I can tell you I have never heard of an oval lens but remember you have to fit a sensor into that or behind that .

Do you actually think those other photos are real?
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 16:16
Would you think their AT video is real, most don’t . I don’t know but I do Know that the picture I posted and you posted bares no resemblance to photos posted here or on MP, look at the lens on post 8 how can you see through that and I can tell you I have never heard of an oval lens but remember you have to fit a sensor into that or behind that .

Do you actually think those other photos are real?

You are giving them too much credit. We know the oval  photo is fake, we know the photo from dji.com is real and looks like the rest of the mavic 3's produced " including mine".Reality exists whether or not they choose to participate
2022-3-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

I have no idea if it's fake or not but who would even conceive of such a change for fun? Must be very bored if is.

No I don't own a Mavic 3 but I am weighing up and jumped on this as it looked like DJI may have made an improvement. For a what I do a higher quality Tele lens would be very useful (thinking grid stitching of images)

Hoping someone comes up with some conclusive proof. For what it is worth I did notice that square edge on the oval and thought that a bit weird.

I think it is really sad these forums can't be taken at face value.
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 3-7 16:30
I have no idea if it's fake or not but who would even conceive of such a change for fun? Must be very bored if is.

No I don't own a Mavic 3 but I am weighing up and jumped on this as it looked like DJI may have made an improvement. For a what I do a higher quality Tele lens would be very useful (thinking grid stitching of images)

It is fake. That person is a known troll. Repeat, it is fake. The lens shape has nothing to do with the quality on this telephoto. For a 1/2 sensor, the quality is as good as it is going to get. Sure, they need to add raw. The telephoto lens would be great if they just provide raw support on the fly app.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bussty Posted at 3-7 16:30

No I don't own a Mavic 3 but I am weighing up and jumped on this as it looked like DJI may have made an improvement. For a what I do a higher quality Tele lens would be very useful (thinking grid stitching of images)

I fully agree with you on the forum. I do think the other camera will be further optimized and there are a couple of very talented You Tubers including Producer Phillip Bloom who have used it to some success and are trying to drive dji to improve it.

With regards to above, those photos you posted look very odd and fake , but if there are drones with different shaped lens then its very easy to take a photo and let us know here if an oval lens is being used. Above it mentions oval Aperture id like to know how that works.
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I think you guys in the forum need to take a chill pill. Almost every thread that comes on here is becoming a boxing match. All that happens mostly is downvoting, quarrels and blabbering. If you want to reply to the OP do it properly and not fight, all he did was post something the he had seen in the Mavic Pilots forum over here and ask a reasonable question, this is in fact the Official Dji Forum, run by Dji employees. Help someone, guide them, coach them, enlighten them BUT STOP slamming thread starters to the ground. Every thread is also not related and evolves around NGC, he has not even been on here commenting yet he is been mentioned. Give it a break Guys and start acting maturely. You can either remark or take what I just posted with.a grain of salt but I'D rather you not remark as I do not want to get into an argument about immature things.
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-7 16:49
I think you guys in the forum need to take a chill pill. Almost every thread that comes on here is becoming a boxing match. All that happens mostly is downvoting, quarrels and blabbering. If you want to reply to the OP do it properly and not fight, all he did was post something the he had seen in the Mavic Pilots forum over here and ask a reasonable question, this is in fact the Official Dji Forum, run by Dji employees. Help someone, guide them, coach them, enlighten them BUT STOP slamming thread starters to the ground. Every thread is also not related and evolves around NGC, he has not even been on here commenting yet he is been mentioned. Give it a break Guys and start acting maturely. You can either remark or take what I just posted with.a grain of salt but I'D rather you not remark as I do not want to get into an argument about immature things.

Suren it is important for people to know the oval lens thing IS FAKE. We do not have to prove a negative. We know who started circulating this picture. If you don’t, then you haven’t been paying attention. People coming here in good faith should not have to worry about conspiracy theories created for fun. It’s basic integrity
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

And if you are interested please read up on the posts here, another user verified he has the same type lens and no that guy is not NGC.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -3-recently.123216/
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-7 16:54
And if you are interested please read up on the posts here, another user verified he has the same type lens and no that guy is not NGC.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-has-seem-changing-on-the-7x-tele-lens-of-mavic-3-recently.123216/

Quit contributing to misinformation. Look at the flat edge on the bottom “downside of the oval” it’s flat and distorted. This isn’t even a convincing picture, but you are eating it up? Do you think spreading misinformation is a good idea? Whether or not YOU believe the oval lens is fake, it is fake. That post was posted by a “new user”
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-7 16:53
Suren it is important for people to know the oval lens thing IS FAKE. We do not have to prove a negative. We know who started circulating this picture. If you don’t, then you haven’t been paying attention. People coming here in good faith should not have to worry about conspiracy theories created for fun. It’s basic integrity

People come on here to ask questions and not be slammed they way the OP is. He asked a question, he does not deserve this treatment. Not everything is fake, we need to prove it as fake before we can say so or make assumptions. Unless you have your hands on the most recent Mavic 3 that came out of production then the picture is True until proven otherwise.
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-7 16:57
People come on here to ask questions and not be slammed they way the OP is. He asked a question, he does not deserve this treatment. Not everything is fake, we need to prove it as fake before we can say so or make assumptions. Unless you have your hands on the most recent Mavic 3 that came out of production then the picture is True until proven otherwise.

Again, we don’t have to prove a negative. That picture is fake. This is ridiculous .
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-7 16:57
Quit contributing to misinformation. Look at the flat edge on the bottom “downside of the oval” it’s flat and distorted. This isn’t even a convincing picture, but you are eating it up? Do you think spreading misinformation is a good idea? Whether or not YOU believe the oval lens is fake, it is fake. That post was posted by a “new user”

So what you are telling me is that every time a new user posts something, its fake news? Why because you have been in the forum longer? I am not contributing to anything but asking you guys to keep yourselves in check. There is plenty of misinformation circulating around but DO NOT slam an innocent person asking a reasonable question.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 3-7 16:49
I think you guys in the forum need to take a chill pill. Almost every thread that comes on here is becoming a boxing match. All that happens mostly is downvoting, quarrels and blabbering. If you want to reply to the OP do it properly and not fight, all he did was post something the he had seen in the Mavic Pilots forum over here and ask a reasonable question, this is in fact the Official Dji Forum, run by Dji employees. Help someone, guide them, coach them, enlighten them BUT STOP slamming thread starters to the ground. Every thread is also not related and evolves around NGC, he has not even been on here commenting yet he is been mentioned. Give it a break Guys and start acting maturely. You can either remark or take what I just posted with.a grain of salt but I'D rather you not remark as I do not want to get into an argument about immature things.

NGC yes he is. Thats all I can say on that. I commented to the OP post 10, but it wasn’t an attack on him in anyway. I’m not certain what it is you’re reading here but I certainly never attacked the OP. But I did call the photos fake, what do you think ?
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-7 17:01
So what you are telling me is that every time a new user posts something, its fake news? Why because you have been in the forum longer? I am not contributing to anything but asking you guys to keep yourselves in check. There is plenty of misinformation circulating around but DO NOT slam an innocent person asking a reasonable question.

No I am saying when someone starts spreading nonsense, we need to keep a handle on reality. I could create a mavic air 2s picture with an oval lens, post it on here. Create more misinformation to have to correct. Would you defend my mavic air picture like you are this one? I wouldn’t be saying this if it wasn’t so obviously fake.
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-7 16:58
Again, we don’t have to prove a negative. That picture is fake. This is ridiculous .

And who is WE? Do not jump on band wagons mate and stand on your own. I have been on this forum for years and seen a lot and read a lot. I have flown, owned many many drones and have given many many people advice, I have never slammed anyone down and leave people to their own opinions. You can give advice and correct something once but if the person persists then leave it alone
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 17:01
NGC yes he is. Thats all I can say on that. I commented to the OP post 10, but it wasn’t an attack on him in anyway. I’m not certain what it is you’re reading here but I certainly never attacked the OP. But I did call the photos fake, what do you think ?

I have not seen a lens like that hence I never commented in Mavic Pilots but I cannot call something a fake without knowing all the facts, like I mentioned to MavicFit, unless we have our hands on the latest production model we cannot make any fake calls
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-7 17:03
No I am saying when someone starts spreading nonsense, we need to keep a handle on reality. I could create a mavic air 2s picture with an oval lens, post it on here. Create more misinformation to have to correct. Would you defend my mavic air picture like you are this one? I wouldn’t be saying this if it wasn’t so obviously fake.

I am not defending the picture but the OP because you are slamming his thread. He posted on here asking about it not claiming it is true. Read his posts again to get clarity.
2022-3-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-7 17:08
I am not defending the picture but the OP because you are slamming his thread. He posted on here asking about it not claiming it is true. Read his posts again to get clarity.

You are right about the op.
2022-3-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Hi team, just want to say as this came from Mavic Pilots which seems to be a lot more strictly moderated forum (something this site desperately needs)  I felt it had some degree of legitimacy. I'm well aware of the shenanigans going on here and hope they haven't spread to MP. If they have Moderators will step in.

Now back to drones...  
2022-3-7
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules