DJI M300 Battery Station stuck in "waiting for charging"
6782 27 2022-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

Our M300 battery charger was working fine yesterday. Today when I insert batteries for charging all lights get stuck on solid yellow and the actual charging never starts. Has anyone experienced this issue? All firmware is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

M300 Battery Station not chargin

M300 Battery Station not chargin

2022-3-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to re-insert the battery again?
2022-3-7
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-7 23:25
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to re-insert the battery again?
Hi Wanda thank you for the response.  I did try that, i also did a firmware update and restarted etc. They just dont charge.
2022-3-7
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-7 23:25

I have now emailed my charger logs to dji support.
2022-3-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k Posted at 3-7 23:40
I have now emailed my charger logs to dji support.

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. We would send you a private message. Would you please check and tell us your feedback?
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-8 00:16
Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. We would send you a private message. Would you please check and tell us your feedback?

Unfortunately this did not work. I am sitting in the Middle of Malawi doing a survey with only one charger. Are there any other options to charge the batteries, can you charge them on the drone via usb or something like that? Any ideas would be appreciated!
2022-3-8
Use props
Quadrocopter.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48399 ft
United States

djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k Posted at 3-8 08:34
Unfortunately this did not work. I am sitting in the Middle of Malawi doing a survey with only one charger. Are there any other options to charge the batteries, can you charge them on the drone via usb or something like that? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Any chance you are using an extension cord? I had an issue a while back where the battery station was having issues due to the power strip I was using.
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

No unfortunately I am plugged directly into a wall socket with the supplied power cable. I have even tried plugging-in in different buildings.
2022-3-8
Use props
Farkyard
lvl.1

Australia

We have had this issue. What you might be able to try is cycling them through your aircraft again before putting them in the charger. Seems to reset them somehow. Dunno why.
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

Farkyard Posted at 3-8 13:37
We have had this issue. What you might be able to try is cycling them through your aircraft again before putting them in the charger. Seems to reset them somehow. Dunno why.

HI Frankyard,

Thank you for the response. Please can you elaborate on what you mean by cycling through the drone, must I just put the batteries into the drone and then take them out and insert them back into the charger?

From what I have tried so far, the charger will not even charge the controller (WB37) batteries, it also just indicates "waiting for charging". It would be great if there was an alternative option to charge through the drone with usb o something as this is very frustrating!
2022-3-8
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k Posted at 3-8 21:58
HI Frankyard,

Thank you for the response. Please can you elaborate on what you mean by cycling through the drone, must I just put the batteries into the drone and then take them out and insert them back into the charger?

I just ran into the same issue. Charger was working fine Thursday flew a site Friday not the charger won't charge any of my flight batteries just sits there flashing yellow no matter what I try...any battery in any slot same result. I'm gonna try what Frankyard recommends before I go to DJI. Not real impressed with their support.
2022-5-2
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

Tried cycling them through the aircraft, that didn't work for me. So far refreshing the firmware seems to be working. It's now charging two of the batteries. Hopefully it continues.
Thanks to Becky from DJI support for the direction.
2022-5-2
Use props
SLloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4524075 ft

United States

I am having this issue too, I got 4 batteries stuck on yellow with no charging and some stuck on the flashing yellow. I'm on the latest firmware as well. How did you resolve the issue/refresh the firmware?
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

Hey SLloyd,

I was unable to resolve and ended up having to buy a new charger. I have sent the old one for repair and am still waiting for feedback from DJI on what the issue is. The charger should still be under warranty, I hope! To update the firmware though, you connect the controller to the usb port in the charger and you can update firmware of the charger and batteries via the smart controller.

I hope you manage to fix it!
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_F8pY1XGjG5Vu
New

United States

djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k Posted at 5-6 07:03
Hey SLloyd,

I was unable to resolve and ended up having to buy a new charger. I have sent the old one for repair and am still waiting for feedback from DJI on what the issue is. The charger should still be under warranty, I hope! To update the firmware though, you connect the controller to the usb port in the charger and you can update firmware of the charger and batteries via the smart controller.

We've tried 2 different  charging stations and are still having the same issue. The firmware seems to be up to date on the batteries and the charging station.  What does it mean to cycle the batteries through the drone? Should we try to completely drain them?
2022-5-6
Use props
evvfireevansville.net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2162467 ft
United States

I am having this issue too, I have 6 batteries stuck on yellow with no charging and some stuck on the flashing yellow.
The charger was working fine last week, now I have six batteries that need to be charged and cannot get a greenlight.
All firmware is up-to-date, I have no error messages and I have tried to recycle the batteries back through the aircraft.

How do I refreshing the firmware?  I cannot find that option on the controller.

evvfire@evansville.net

Thanks, Cliff
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_NNWUqclD1FYX
lvl.4

Germany

Same problem here. We have 2 batteries stuck on yellow blinking in the battery station. The batteries have about 58% charge, just 17 cycles old. The M300 HMS does not see any problem with this two batteries, they are working well.
The battery station has the latest firmware, and the behavoir of the batteries is slot independend. Cycling through the M300 does not help.
2022-5-9
Use props
SLloyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4524075 ft

United States

We've tried 2 different  charging stations and are still having the same issue. The firmware seems to be up to date on the batteries and the charging station.  What does it mean to cycle the batteries through the drone? Should we try to completely drain them?
I've talked to DJI and this is apparently a firmware issue. This is their response below and has fixed all my batteries.
  • The problem that batteries stuck in yellow and flashing yellow status could be caused by the firmware bug.
  • Here is the solution for you, please follow the two steps below.
  • 1. Connect the remote controller with the battery station using USB-C cable. Insert the battery into the battery station. After the remote controller is connected to the Internet, press the setting button in the upper right corner of the Pilot home page for 3 seconds.
  • 2. After the upgrade screen is displayed, select upgrade version of the battery station. First upgrade the battery station to 02.04.0101 and then upgrade to 04.00.0001. After two upgrades, the problem of flashing yellow will be solved.
  • Besides, a new firmware version is expected to be released in next week, and this issue will be resolved after the upgrade to latest version. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI's Official Websites.

2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_NNWUqclD1FYX
lvl.4

Germany

SLloyd Posted at 5-9 12:59
I've talked to DJI and this is apparently a firmware issue. This is their response below and has fixed all my batteries.

@SLloyd
This seems to work, thank you for sharing!
2022-5-9
Use props
Rafael de Faria
New

Brazil

SLloyd Posted at 5-9 12:59

following the tutorial above, I solved it as follows

Batteries need to be 10 percent charged

plug the controller into the case and check the firmware right after insert the battery with 10 percent and then update wait for the firmware to finish and it will understand and start loading in the middle of the firmware it will flash yellow again but after finishing the log it comes back to turn green
2022-5-25
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a brand new M300, batteries and charge case and all the batteries are yellow, I’ve just tried the downgrade and upgrade firmware and still all yellow? How is this possible on a $40,000 system? Dji this isn’t good enough I’ve spent hours and hours on this and can’t even use it for a job I bought this for.
2022-5-29
Use props
zailani_UPM
New

Malaysia

I just update firmware and and its work, but a bit disappointed, after 2 days struggle without knowing actual issues, DJI should notice us !!!!!
2022-10-17
Use props
BSDT
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-3-7 23:25

Hi there, my problem is that the red light is flashing and it is biting all time, and non charging
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BSDT Posted at 8-24 09:05
Hi there, my problem is that the red light is flashing and it is biting all time, and non charging

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean when a TB60 battery is inserted into the BS60 Intelligent Battery Station for charging, the battery status LEDs on the battery station will be solid red and the battery cannot be charged?
Then, when removing the battery mounting it directly on the aircraft, and then powering on the aircraft, can the battery be used normally? Are there any battery warnings shown in the app?
If not, you may update the battery and battery station firmware to the latest version and try again.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_4IjgJMZx4cHa
lvl.1

Mozambique

Our M300 battery charger was working fine yesterday. Today when I insert WB37 Intelligent batteries for charging all lights get stuck on solid yellow and the actual charging never starts. Has anyone experienced this issue? All firmware is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.
1-17 07:44
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-8-25 04:33
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean when a TB60 battery is inserted into the BS60 Intelligent Battery Station for charging, the battery status LEDs on the battery station will be solid red and the battery cannot be charged?
Then, when removing the battery mounting it directly on the aircraft, and then powering on the aircraft, can the battery be used normally? Are there any battery warnings shown in the app?
If not, you may update the battery and battery station firmware to the latest version and try again.

Hi Wanda, your spammer report thread is not pinned anymore on the main page. However post #27 of this thread is obviously a copy/paste spammer.
1-17 08:04
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-17 08:04
Hi Wanda, your spammer report thread is not pinned anymore on the main page. However post #27 of this thread is obviously a copy/paste spammer.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. I have a period of leave these days. The spammer at #27 seems to have been banned. Spammers Report 2024 has been pinned on Top. If you have any questions, please tell me.  
4-17 01:17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_4IjgJMZx4cHa Posted at 1-17 07:44
Our M300 battery charger was working fine yesterday. Today when I insert WB37 Intelligent batteries for charging all lights get stuck on solid yellow and the actual charging never starts. Has anyone experienced this issue? All firmware is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know if your issue has been resolved? Do you still need our help?
4-17 01:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules