12Next >
2015 78 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatguy13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1868222 ft

New Zealand

nearly crashed my zoom after totally losing control of it.it  gave 'gimbal roll reached movement limit' followed by 'gimbal motor  overloaded,check if the gimbal clamp is mounted off' around 30 seconds  later...i have a feeling it had something to do with me using the touch  to move the gimbal just prior to it happening.the drone was in perfect condition when it landed...no signs of any impact or anything.when i first take off,i  let the drone hover for like 45 seconds to warm it up before flying.heres the video..starts like 10 secs in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgov71JLO4
274915546_937552766948222_1806769637216296504_n.jpg
2022-3-8
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgov71JLO4
2022-3-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bizarre behaviour, for sure.  Was there any source of electromagnetic interference in the area?   I had a similar incident a while ago with my (then) Mavic Pro Platinum.  The gimbal started dancing all over the place, and only hitting RTH brought it back safely.  This was on the coast of Scotland, at the time.  No apparent damage to the drone, and it was fine again after restarting.
2022-3-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might like to have a look at the following website, https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and follow the instructions there to retrieve the txt flight log, upload the flightlog  to that site and then post the resulting link here.
If you use an RC1A model controller and DO NOT sync your logs with DJI then, where you found the txt flightlog,  there should be a corresponding DAT flight log in the Folder MCDAT.........
Could you post that DAT, if you can find it, here?
If you use an RC1B controlloer and or sync you will probably not have a DAT.

2022-3-8
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-8 06:45
You might like to have a look at the following website, https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and follow the instructions there to retrieve the txt flight log, upload the flightlog  to that site and then post the resulting link here.
If you use an RC1A model controller and DO NOT sync your logs with DJI then, where you found the txt flightlog,  there should be a corresponding DAT flight log in the Folder MCDAT.........

bummer..i sync it when i get home...
2022-3-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will still have the txt flight log.
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there thatguy13. I am sorry to know and to watch what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and do some flight to see if the issue will persist. If the issue persist I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-3-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Looks like it was just the gimbal that went wonky, drone could have still been flying okay but the erratic movements from the camera made it seem like the drone was doing that.
2022-3-8
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Suren Posted at 3-8 22:44
Looks like it was just the gimbal that went wonky, drone could have still been flying okay but the erratic movements from the camera made it seem like the drone was doing that.

If you take a look approx 50 secs in,you will see the front legs of the drone swinging around violently and it almost appears to flip at one stage…and the only inputs I was making,were downwards in an attempt to get it as close to the ground as quickly as possible in case it started falling.I was mainly concerned with getting it back onto my side of the river as well so I didn’t have to go for a swim if it crashed,and I had to retrieve it
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

thatguy13 Posted at 3-9 03:29
If you take a look approx 50 secs in,you will see the front legs of the drone swinging around violently and it almost appears to flip at one stage…and the only inputs I was making,were downwards in an attempt to get it as close to the ground as quickly as possible in case it started falling.I was mainly concerned with getting it back onto my side of the river as well so I didn’t have to go for a swim if it crashed,and I had to retrieve it

Hang on ... you've had your flight data investigated on the other forum.
They explained your "incident" very differently from what you are saying here.
We can all read it for ourselves.
It sounds like you didn't learn anything ???
2022-3-9
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 3-9 04:20
Hang on ... you've had your flight data investigated on the other forum.
They explained your "incident" very differently from what you are saying here.
We can all read it for ourselves.

Wrong…I’ve only had a couple of pigheaded speculations from an old fart who thinks his opinion is more important than everyone elses…..when confronted with evidence proving he is wrong,he just says that whoever wrote said article is wrong, and he knows better….big difference and by the way…what do you mean ‘from what I’m saying?’….there’s a video clearly showing the behaviour of the drone…at around 50 secs in the legs are all over the place,and it nearly flipped over..have you even watched the video?just as it starts happening,the drone starts shaking…
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

thatguy13 Posted at 3-9 05:43
Wrong…I’ve only had a couple of pigheaded speculations from an old fart who thinks his opinion is more important than everyone elses…..when confronted with evidence proving he is wrong,he just says that whoever wrote said article is wrong, and he knows better….big difference and by the way…what do you mean ‘from what I’m saying?’….there’s a video clearly showing the behaviour of the drone…at around 50 secs in the legs are all over the place,and it nearly flipped over..have you even watched the video?just as it starts happening,the drone starts shaking…

what do you mean ‘from what I’m saying?’….there’s a video clearly showing the behaviour of the drone…at around 50 secs in the legs are all over the place,and it nearly flipped over..have you even watched the video?

I mean that it looks just like what Suren suggested above ... that the drone flew normally and your gimbal was the only thing that moved around.
It's not an uncommon thing.
Yes ... of course I watched the video - twice.

How can you be so sure that's not what happened?
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thatguy13 Posted at 3-9 05:43
Wrong…I’ve only had a couple of pigheaded speculations from an old fart who thinks his opinion is more important than everyone elses…..when confronted with evidence proving he is wrong,he just says that whoever wrote said article is wrong, and he knows better….big difference and by the way…what do you mean ‘from what I’m saying?’….there’s a video clearly showing the behaviour of the drone…at around 50 secs in the legs are all over the place,and it nearly flipped over..have you even watched the video?just as it starts happening,the drone starts shaking…

That’s basically you swirling your finger around the screen. Using that camera movement only takes a very slight movement . It looks strange and a bit scary but its not a problem . A useless feature. What was the outcome on MP.
2022-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 06:35
That’s basically you swirling your finger around the screen. Using that camera movement only takes a very slight movement . It looks strange and a bit scary but its not a problem . A useless feature. What was the outcome on MP.

He has deleted all his comments on MP.
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 07:08
He has deleted all his comments on MP.

Cheers thank you.
2022-3-9
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-9 05:54
what do you mean ‘from what I’m saying?’….there’s a video clearly showing the behaviour of the drone…at around 50 secs in the legs are all over the place,and it nearly flipped over..have you even watched the video?

I mean that it looks just like what Suren suggested above ... that the drone flew normally and your gimbal was the only thing that moved around.

I sure see a point where the camera is holding steady and the aircraft is jumping all over.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

thatguy13 Posted at 3-9 03:29

I watched the video again 3 more times just to be sure and it looks like the camera was doing that.  It does look like the leg moved from the 50 second mark but again the erratic movement of the camera can make it seem so. The best option would be is to post your flight log. Here is your video.

2022-3-9
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 07:08
He has deleted all his comments on MP.

Yea,its a pity i can't figure out how to delete the whole account..i cant stand communities where some old assh#$e thinks he knows better than any youtuber,and just dismisses any evidence thats says otherwise as just being wrong.and to make it worse,everyone just agrees with him.there must be something wrong with you peoples eyes if you think that at the point i pointed out in the video, the gimbal was the only thing moving erratically. The drone was all over the place.its s though something was interfering with whatever helps it stay balanced.only one of you seems to have picked up on this.
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

thatguy13 Posted at 3-9 12:22
Yea,its a pity i can't figure out how to delete the whole account..i cant stand communities where some old assh#$e thinks he knows better than any youtuber,and just dismisses any evidence thats says otherwise as just being wrong.and to make it worse,everyone just agrees with him.there must be something wrong with you peoples eyes if you think that at the point i pointed out in the video, the gimbal was the only thing moving erratically. The drone was all over the place.its s though something was interfering with whatever helps it stay balanced.only one of you seems to have picked up on this.

What happened is easily replicated. You never said what was the orignal diagnosis.
2022-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Yea,its a pity i can't figure out how to delete the whole account..i cant stand communities where some old assh#$e thinks he knows better than any youtuber,and just dismisses any evidence thats says otherwise as just being wrong.and to make it worse,everyone just agrees with him.there must be something wrong with you peoples eyes if you think that at the point i pointed out in the video, the gimbal was the only thing moving erratically. The drone was all over the place.its s though something was interfering with whatever helps it stay balanced.only one of you seems to have picked up on this.

You have been asked there and here to post your logs. Then insulted and ignored some of the most experienced and helpful people in the drone world. Get over yourself and post the logs. Then believe the facts.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Mate, From one New Zelanader to another, the guys' on here are very helpful. Post the flight logs and they will be able to look at it and give you advice moving forward. Based on just a video there will be nothing but speculation but the logs will give the facts.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The thread from Mavic Pilots and the flight logs there.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/8R4ZQ94PPRQTPYPGAOD7/

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/o.123253/page-2
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 13:16
You have been asked there and here to post your logs. Then insulted and ignored some of the most experienced and helpful people in the drone world. Get over yourself and post the logs. Then believe the facts.

He posted his logs on the other forum, had them analysed and didn't like what the data showed.
2022-3-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You obviously had a conflict of personality there, but from a technical perspective, there are none finer than those on that forum.  I would learn the lesson and move forward better educated.
2022-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-9 13:36
He posted his logs on the other forum, had them analysed and didn't like what the data showed.

I didn't see them. And he has since deleted his posts.
2022-3-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the camera staying relatively steady, as it should referenced to the world, and the leg of the drone tilting all over. I do not think this is just a gimbal issue. There is no way the camera can show the background steady and something in the foreground moving at the same time unless one of those is in motion relative to the other.
2022-3-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

leg tilting.jpg
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 3-9 15:49
I see the camera staying relatively steady, as it should referenced to the world, and the leg of the drone tilting all over. I do not think this is just a gimbal issue. There is no way the camera can show the background steady and something in the foreground moving at the same time unless one of those is in motion relative to the other.

Try it you have M2. But you need to swing your finger around your device moving the gimbal. If you look at that video it looks like the leg turned to jello.

The drone camera cannot focus so close thats why the leg is out of focus and its trying to focus on the background.
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I see the camera staying relatively steady, as it should referenced to the world, and the leg of the drone tilting all over. I do not think this is just a gimbal issue. There is no way the camera can show the background steady and something in the foreground moving at the same time unless one of those is in motion relative to the other.

I do not think this is just a gimbal issue.
Then go to the flight data link that Suren posted above .. download the CSV file and check the gimbal yaw and gimbal pitch from about 6:40 to 7 minutes.
Then check the drone's pitch, roll and yaw for the same period.
The camera is jumping around but the drone isn't.
He was 2400 ft away from the drone, so couldn't see what it did, just the view from a glitching camera.
But the data shows pretty clearly what actually happened (and it's quite different from the OP's story).

There is no way the camera can show the background steady and something  in the foreground moving at the same time unless one of those is in  motion relative to the other.

It's an illusion, the camera isn't still.
The data recorded the motion of the camera as well as that of the drone.
But the drone's pitch, roll and yaw is all you need to see that the reported "near crash" is fake news.

2022-3-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry but the photos do not lie. If the drone's attitude data is frozen, that could be the fault indication, not the proof otherwise.

"It's an illusion, the camera isn't still."
Of course it is not still relative to the drone, it is keeping the same attitude relative to the subject (as I said "referenced to the world") while the drone wanders about. It is correcting for the drone's unusual movements.
2022-3-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 16:05
Try it you have M2. But you need to swing your finger around your device moving the gimbal. If you look at that video it looks like the leg turned to jello.

The drone camera cannot focus so close thats why the leg is out of focus and its trying to focus on the background.

This has nothing to do with focus. Obviously the leg is too close to keep in focus.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 14:26
I didn't see them. And he has since deleted his posts.

I had posted his logs here
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I see the camera staying relatively steady, as it should referenced to the world, and the leg of the drone tilting all over. I do not think this is just a gimbal issue. There is no way the camera can show the background steady and something in the foreground moving at the same time unless one of those is in motion relative to the other.

From what I had seen in the log, the drone was in sport mode as well which the OP confirmed that he was trying to get the drone lower and closer to him so that he can land. In sport mode, as we know the drone becomes very sensitive to stick movements so that is likely the cause for what you saw with the legs moving. Meta4 in the Mavic Pilots forum analysed the logs and said that the issues as per logs was gimbal problems
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-9 18:55
I'm sorry but the photos do not lie. If the drone's attitude data is frozen, that could be the fault indication, not the proof otherwise.

"It's an illusion, the camera isn't still."

It is correcting for the drone's unusual movements.
Of course it is ... except that none of those unusual drone movements show up in the flight data.
There was nothing at all wrong with the way the drone flew.
If you accept the word of the OP, his drone  (that he couldn't see) "almost flipped".
Yet, all the time that the camera was glitching, the drone's pitch and roll never exceeded 24°.
And the operator had the right stick full forward + full right in Sport Mode.
So much for those "unusual movements".
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 3-9 19:04
This has nothing to do with focus. Obviously the leg is too close to keep in focus.

You can see clearly in this video background is steady and leg is like jello, similar to ops video but obviously not traveling as quick, also he can obviously see his drone so has no worries unlike OP who cannot see the drone and panics because he can’t figure what’s happening and it seems its having the same affect on you.

2022-3-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea,its a pity i can't figure out how to delete the whole account..i cant stand communities where some old assh#$e thinks he knows better than any youtuber,and just dismisses any evidence thats says otherwise as just being wrong.and to make it worse,everyone just agrees with him.there must be something wrong with you peoples eyes if you think that at the point i pointed out in the video, the gimbal was the only thing moving erratically. The drone was all over the place.its s though something was interfering with whatever helps it stay balanced.only one of you seems to have picked up on this.

You can go through and delete posts that are, I think, younger than a certain age EXCEPT for opening posts in a thread.
That said Meta4 is abrupt but he is often helpful in his own way, you just have to get used to his way of talking.
I haven't looked at your data but if you yourself want to see what things look like, download the soft ware Csvview and use it to open the txt flight log from your screen device or the csv downloaded from phantom help. Csvview can display charts of the various data streams plotted against time. It is often better to choose the "empty" option and populate the display with a few data streams as you see fit. Then open another empty option and  populate that etc. etc..
From memory you can probably create charts of gimbal yaw, roll and pitch. And certainly drone roll & pitch and the stick commands.
I think you are supposed to be able to do this with the csv on a MacBook but it is hit and miss for me BUT it works perfectly well on a windows machine.
DO NOT try to put everything in one chart, it clutters up the display to much to make sense of it.
2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-10 14:36
You can go through and delete posts that are, I think, younger than a certain age EXCEPT for opening posts in a thread.
That said Meta4 is abrupt but he is often helpful in his own way, you just have to get used to his way of talking.
I haven't looked at your data but if you yourself want to see what things look like, download the soft ware Csvview and use it to open the txt flight log from your screen device or the csv downloaded from phantom help. Csvview can display charts of the various data streams plotted against time. It is often better to choose the "empty" option and populate the display with a few data streams as you see fit. Then open another empty option and  populate that etc. etc..

This guy isn't interested in anything that anyone says, unless they agree with his thoughts.
He's got no interest in what the data shows because it tells a very different story from what he wants to believe.
Look at the way he talks and you can see that he despises anyone who suggests an alternative to what he thinks.
2022-3-10
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 3-10 15:10
This guy isn't interested in anything that anyone says, unless they agree with his thoughts.
He's got no interest in what the data shows because it tells a very different story from what he wants to believe.
Look at the way he talks and you can see that he despises anyone who suggests an alternative to what he thinks.

Are you ok?
2022-3-10
Use props
thatguy13
lvl.2

New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-10 14:36
Yea the thing is thzt the animosity between me and meta started a while ago in an entirely different thread pertaining to different drones wind resistance. I said that the mavic pro 2 is more stable in high wind than the air 2,and he disagreed..i posted a chart of like 8 different drones wind resistance, and it showed that the pro 2 is indeed nire stable than the air 2..metas reaction to this was to say that the person that released the chart was wrong,and he was right...this animosity carried oover to the thread involving whatever it was that happened with my drone,and everyone,bar a couple of people, jumped to his defense and i thought 'screw this' and got the admins to delete my account,and leave cucks like 'labroides' to simp for a 66 year old know ot all...
2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

thatguy13 Posted at 3-10 19:32
Yea the thing is thzt the animosity between me and meta started a while ago in an entirely different thread pertaining to different drones wind resistance. I said that the mavic pro 2 is more stable in high wind than the air 2,and he disagreed..i posted a chart of like 8 different drones wind resistance, and it showed that the pro 2 is indeed nire stable than the air 2..metas reaction to this was to say that the person that released the chart was wrong,and he was right...this animosity carried oover to the thread involving whatever it was that happened with my drone,and everyone,bar a couple of people, jumped to his defense and i thought 'screw this' and got the admins to delete my account,and leave cucks like 'labroides' to simp for a 66 year old know ot all...

You don't like anyone suggesting that you could be wrong do you?
2022-3-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules