1595 9 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col2022
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287224 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Was hoping someone could answer this, if i press the RTH button on the controller, its srart to beep as normal, but is it reapeatidly sending the RTH command whilst its bleeping, the reason i ask, is imagine the following senario.
The mini looses signal intermittently, never gets to a 11 second count, i press the RTH button when the signal is lost so remote bleeps but when i pressed it there wasnt a signal to the mini
Will this keep sending the command so when it does connect, the mini wil Return?
Thanks in advance.
2022-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you have GPS push on rth for approx 3 seconds. It will announce its returning and as long as you have video connection it will offer you the option of cancelling. The reason its continually beeping is a warning to you its returning under its own control.
If you don’t have GPS it won’t continue sending a signal. But if GPS returns you will have the option to fly or hit RTH provided you have video connection. If you have no video connection the drone will return at low battery and this will prompt RC to start beeping warning you its returning to home.

All eventualities are covered as long as you have GPS and its very rare you will lose GPS while flying unless you were having other problems IE compass IMU etc.

One important thing, when you press RTH button for 3 seconds particularly when you have no video connection it will start beeping meaning its returning, “do not press again “ this will turn off rth and the beeping your drone will not return until low battery. It can be slightly complicated but I would recommend practicing RTH IE press rth and see what happens, switch off RC and see what happens switch back on RC and see what happens. This will give you confidence you drone will do what it says on the tin.
2022-3-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you initiate RTH and then press the button again, you can cancel the RTH.
Go to a large, open area.
Fly your drone out >20 metres and get some practice with initiating and cancelling RTH so that when you need it, you'll know what you are doing.
2022-3-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to failsafe behaviour, I suggest you re read the failsafe section of the manual then go to a safe, wide open area. Ensure the home point is correctly set and that the failsafe option is set to RTH, fly the drone out to around 200m distant then fly across you field of view for around 60 to 70m and then switch the controller off and watch what the drone does.

Once you can see the drone actually coming back towards you switch the controller on.
DO NOT repeatedly press the RTH buttomn.
2022-3-8
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I second SeanBB's advice.

I'd skim read the RTH section of the manual and was concerned about a few things.

Your best bet is to fully, carefully read the manual and the fontry it as SBB says. There are a couple of gotchas - not climbing to RTH height if aircraft is  20m from home, for example - sonexperimemt until you feel confident you know what the drone will do in various situations.

If your drone loses Comms with the RC and has GPS it will initiate a failsafe operation as set in the settings - this can be RTH, hover or descend. Get to know the settins and experiment somewhere safe.
2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Before each flight its also worth considering which setting you want to use,   sometimes in an area with buildings you may want to climb above them before RTH starts the flight back,  but in other places you may be in an altitude zone where returning at current height is more appropriate.
2022-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there col2022. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. In addition reference,  I will post some information on RTH Procedure ( Straight Line ) below. Thank you.

2022-3-9
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287224 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your responce, have learnt quite a bit from this forum and am very appretiative,
I was more curious about the remote function rather than the RTH procedure itself, to clarify a bit more imagine the following,

I set the drone to hover during rc signal loss.
I fly the drone then get a aircraft not connected to rc,
After 1 minute of this signal loss I decide to press the return to home button and remote control and it starts bleeping but aircraft is still not connected to rc so i assume it still hovers,

then the rc then reconnects to aircraft,
What will the drone do,?
will it keep hovering till it does a low battery RTH or would it see the RTH command that i pressed during no signal, once the controller reconnects and then start a RTH procedure?
2022-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

col2022 Posted at 3-10 02:21
Thanks everyone for your responce, have learnt quite a bit from this forum and am very appretiative,
I was more curious about the remote function rather than the RTH procedure itself, to clarify a bit more imagine the following,

Hi,

Why don`t you try this yourself ??  and inform this forum the results....

cheers
JJB
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

col2022 Posted at 3-10 02:21

“then the rc then reconnects to aircraft,
What will the drone do,?
will it keep hovering till it does a low battery RTH or would it see the RTH command that i pressed during no signal, once the controller reconnects and then start a RTH procedure?”

if it reconnects you will be the first to know, if you do nothing it will wait until low battery to RTH. As JJB said try it just switch off RC make sure you are at least say 30m away from the drone and see for yourself what happens.

Your first question, if you set drone to hover on loss of signal it will hover, also try this . I can assure you it is quite safe as long as your parameters are set correctly.
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules