Zero flytime drone loses RC signal
467 7 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

Hello, I purchased from Best Buy / Torrance California an FPV drone last March but I haven’t been able to use it at all (I was living next to an airport and my wife gave birth so we were very busy).
We now decided to spend sometime in Europe (Greece) in a very remote location outside Athens.

I tried using the drone 3-4 times and it always loses its RC signal - it happens for no reason without the drone be even far away and it even happens when I have the drone stationary on my table.
I though it was a s/w issue since the drone is still brand new but it seems that I have the latest s/w
Aircraft 01.02.00.20
RC 01.02.00.00
Goggles 01.02.00.20

Please advice how to overcome this issue. I’m currently in Greece.
2022-3-8
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

Did you plug goggles antenna ?
Did you unfold the antenna of the radio control ?
Do you have additionnal action cam (gopro) mounted ?
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

The goggle antennas are always connected but I never have an issue with the goggles it’s just the RC signal that goes from perfect 4/4 to weak and No Signal for no reason!
The RC antenna is always unfolded and I don’t have anything else attached to the drone (no GoPro).
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

I’m using an iPhone 13 max pro, I’ll try another location and I’ll report back.
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 18:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

[view_image]
I actually took the drone in a completely remote location and then I turned off my cell phone (RF, BT, Wi-Fi).
I had the drone inside the car, I turned on everything, I had full signal and then 30sec later there was no signal then another 3 seconds later I had full signal again - just to clarify all these while the drone was stationary w/o any cellphone nearby.

After that I re-paired the RC with the drone and I also took the drone out, started the motors lifted it off the ground and suddenly it lost RC connection again (as it always does).
31973DEE-3CBE-4FFD-9387-DDC3E37B63C2.jpeg
A0F34621-0000-466E-A422-16C81D001796.jpeg
9FA48358-52BE-4881-BC02-6D21970C3A04.jpeg
69C63A8C-2576-45A9-9391-096C3811F596.jpeg
5607D1BD-AAD8-4DA5-88A3-25266C03B53E.jpeg
2022-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF Posted at 3-9 03:36
I actually took the drone in a completely remote location and then I turned off my cell phone (RF, BT, Wi-Fi).
I had the drone inside the car, I turned on everything, I had full signal and then 30sec later there was no signal then another 3 seconds later I had full signal again - just to clarify all these while the drone was stationary w/o any cellphone nearby.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since we are still experiencing this issue with your DJI FPV drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_CgQBLbe0a1xF
lvl.1
Greece

I actually think that I might have had some resolution, I believe it might have been my Apple Watch 7 with magnetic wrist strap that was creating the interference. I’ll check again if the problem persists!
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules