Warning "drive speed"
1070 7 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timh12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48786 ft
Germany

I bought an used DJI Inspire 2 round about 2 weeks ago. While my first flights there was a warning: in order to save as much energy as possible, the drive speed was limited (see image). Also the UAV sank, when it was hovering at higher altitudes, without touching the controller. Does anybody have an idea, what is the reason for that?

Thank very much
Tim
Screenshot_20220302-104748.jpg
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out, could you please provide a screenshot of the firmware information and battery information for further checking? Look forward to your reply.
2022-3-9
Use props
timh12
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-9 03:59
Hello there, thank you for reaching out, could you please provide a screenshot of the firmware information and battery information for further checking? Look forward to your reply.

Hello, here are the screenshots of the firmware and battery information.
Screenshot_20220310-113116.jpg
Screenshot (56).png
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

timh12 Posted at 3-10 02:37
Hello, here are the screenshots of the firmware and battery information.

Thank you for getting back, just to clarify, it is because the latest version firmware of Inspire 2 has optimized the flight power control strategy, which conducts dynamic flight power management based on battery temperature and residual capacity to improve battery usage safety. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-3-10
Use props
timh12
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-10 04:17
Thank you for getting back, just to clarify, it is because the latest version firmware of Inspire 2 has optimized the flight power control strategy, which conducts dynamic flight power management based on battery temperature and residual capacity to improve battery usage safety. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your reply. But I think, it isnt normal, that the aircraft sinks, when it should hover at its place, because i dont touch the controller. Sometimes it descends with up to 3 m/s, when its in higher altitudes and i dont operate the controller.
2022-3-10
Use props
Hawaii Inspire
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem and same message. it just drops and loses altitude for no reason.
Particularly when you hit the return to home and the Drone drops so fast that I freak out and intervene manually to land it. There is no way the drone can slow down with so much rapid descend speed. It definitely will crash if I don't intervene.
2022-3-18
Use props
timh12
lvl.1
Germany

Ok, i haven't  try the return to home button yet,  so I can't say, if it's worse then. But if I do nothing the drone should stay in position and not lose height. I still don't know what's the issue.
2022-3-18
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

The last few firmwares, which implemented the new battery strategy, are really dangerous. You'll find many reports about it here in the forum.
DJI probably made these settings because there are a lot of old TB50 batteries out there. So instead of crashing a drone due of a lasy pilot that does no proper maintenance, they decided to castrate the power output in a few situations. So the drone is not production usable anymore.
The system will limit your drones power on a couple of possible reasons. This can lead to loosing a drone when flying against wind back home. It can also mess up a shot completly when doing car chases etc. Sometimes the drone won't even start in intermediate temps.
As far as I know its not possible to revert to previous firmware versions with dji tools. But there are other options available. Google for it as its probably not allowed to post here.

If you want to use the I2 for production use then stay at .300 firmware. Its still the best even it also has about 20 production crytical bugs in it after all these years.
But since the I2 is EOL "end of live" there probably won't be any new ones fixing problems.
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules